MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

Filtered by age: 19-24

4.2

This powder always seems to emphasize texture/pores on my face that weren't there in the first place. It is not a matte powder, but it does not give me that skin-like finish described by others. It works well with a damp beauty blender under the eyes to set concealer, and I do like the shade (light plus) for my cool pale olive skin.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I had a horrendous experience with this product. I had a long talk with a girl working at Mac all about my skin and my make up routine etc so when she recommended this I assumed she knew exactly what she was talking about. Essentially I have oily skin with some dry patches around my mouth and nose. Usually make up doesn't really affect my skin, as long as I have a good beauty routine and wear minimal make up everything is fine! This product was supposed to keep my face matte and ensure that my oily skin didn't cause my concealer to slide so essentially it was supposed to make things even better! Instead, every inch of my face that touched this product became more and more oily and broke out horrendously. For a while I thought it could be something else, other make up or a hormonal/stress issue. I slowly cut a number of products out of my routine until this was the only one left so I am 100% that this caused my break outs. Even aside from the breakouts, this product didn't impress me at all. It didn't do what it was supposed to, I always felt like it had already disappeared off my face after an hour or two and it didn't control my oil at all. Considering the price (which in my opinion really isn't cheap) I wasn't happy at all. Perhaps it would have a more appropriate and more lasting affect on dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A more 'natural looking' product from the range but still feel look very made up! I love a healthy glow and a good highlighter but don't like to look too caked on.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product so much, especially with the new packaging. I have very sensitive skin and this is the only powder I've tried that doesn't make my skin look and feel horrible once I take my makeup off.

I use it primarily as a setting powder over a BB cream or light foundation. Light plus is ever so lighter than my skin tone, but as my BB cream is a tad too dark, it balances out nicely without making me look too ghosty. It makes my face feel velvety to the touch and keeps the shine at bay.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've been eyeing this for awhile now but I couldn't justify paying the price for it when I was fine with the powder I was using from Milani. I received some gift cards for Bloomingdale's so I decided to go ahead and try this.
After comparing swatches online since I don't live anywhere near a MAC counter or store I decided that even though I am quite fair, Light Plus would be a better match than Light. By some miracle, I was right and Light Plus is a great fit for me. It seems to me there is a decent shade range and even the medium shade seems a little light. I'm not sure of how efficiently the range covers deeper tones though.
I use a duo fiber powder brush to sweep this on gently to set my foundation. It is light in texture but does add some coverage and gives me a demi-matte finish. It doesn't look cakey at all.
I really enjoy this and can even dab on some concealer and buff this in with a kabuki and be okay for minimal makeup days.
In summary, it blends beautifully and lasts all day on me and I have oily/combo skin. The velvety texture sets my foundations perfectly and doesn't add a heavy layer. You get 10 grams of product and I think with even everyday use it'll last a long time. I will repurchase this when I run out.

Perfect! I use it to set my make up everyday and it lasts me six months plus. You can layer it up to help with contouring. This shade goes perfectly with Mac nw15 studio sculpt or YSL fusion ink BR20. The packaging is great I just wish it had a mirror!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG powder. I have combo-oily skin, so my cheeks are always dry and my T-Zone is an oil slick. This powder is not the most amazing for oil control, but it's other properties are so great I continue to use it. It makes all of my foundations look amazing (even drugstore foundations) and gives my skin an airbrushed look despite my obvious breakouts. The packaging has been updated to include a mirror now. I was initially worried about the shimmery finish drawing attention to my oily skin, but I find that it makes me look healthier and less washed out than most matte powders.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

So i purchased this pressed powder in Light Plus for my fair skin because i read good reviews on it and i heard it was great for oily skin so i figured why not?
i've just worn it about twice and it does an alright job but nothing that has me raving about it, maybe because i havent worn it too much or given it that much of a chance to but none the less i still go to my drugstore brand L'Oreal True Match for my everyday routine.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I've edited my original review of MSFN as I've given it another try with the Real Techniques Powder Brush, and NOW I see why this powder is so loved! I don't know how, but the brush made the see the powder in a whole new, positive way. All I do is swipe the brush into the powder, then apply all over my face, concentrating on my t-zone and chin. I don't use it under my eyes because I use my beloved Ben Nye Banana Powder (with the fantastic Real Techniques Setting Brush). Now whenever I use it, it does indeed last nearly all day, doesn't disrupt my foundation underneath at all, and the low-coverage completely sets my foundation without resulting in the dreaded 'cake-face'. It's very light-weight feeling. My t-zone doesn't get oily around the midday mark, and the shade 'Light Plus' is a perfect match for my NC25 skintone and ELDW foundation shade in '1W2 Sand'. Compared to my everyday face powder staple, Ben Nye Neutral Set, it's not as good. The Neutral Set lasts on me all day and night, in any weather, due to it being being formulated for to withstand the hot stage lights during high-energy stage performances, but it is a good second choice for times I don't want to mess around with loose powders. I'm glad I gave it a second chance.

I am in LOVE with this powder. I am so happy that I tried it out on a whim one day after searching for the perfect natural setting powder for so long. I've used several other of MAC's face powders and the skinfinish natural is by far my favorite.

I have combination skin that's usually pretty thirsty (no flaky patches though) and I have quite a bit of oiliness in my T-zone. This powder is an absolute godsend for me. I know MAC recommends their blot or sheer pressed powder for those with oil problems, but those have left me looking extremely dry, dull, and far too matte for my liking. The skinfinish natural sets my tinted moisturizer/foundation so beautifully... it blurs my pores and leaves my skin looking dewy and glowing but not greasy at all! It doesn't give me any cakiness and leaves my skin looking absolutely flawless without that "heavy makeup" look.

I love this powder so much that I don't even mind spending $40 CAD on it. Even though that is REALLY steep, it's definitey worth it.