L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Luminizer (Blue eyes)

3.8

I wanted something that would make my blue eyes 'pop' and thought that, since Pat McGrath has been working for Max Factor, that the mascara was worth a try. Wow, I really wish that I hadn't bothered.

It is just your normal bog-standard mascara; it doesn't accentuate blue eyes at all. I thought that colour theory would have been used here in that the mascara would have a slight orange tinge to it since that is opposite blue on the colour wheel and would enhance my blue eyes. Nope, they've created a dark-blue mascara which doesn't do anything. I thought that the mascara was quite expensive anyway but even more so when you find that it doesn't even do as it promises.

On top of that, it flakes off during the day so you are left with panda eyes. I have come around this problem by applying a couple layers of clear mascara. This works but why should I have to apply two different kinds of mascara?

I guess that I shall have to continue my search for a mascara that I can apply and not think about during the day.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the effect of this mascara. I can't say whether it enhances my blue eyes or not but it does a good job of making my non existent lashes looking fuller and longer. The wand is great as it coats every lash evenly and fully. My problem with this mascara is that my eyes feel gritty when I wear it! Such as shame because otherwise it is a lovely mascara. maybe not wonderful for those of us with sensitive eyes.

So the premise of these products (eyeliner and mascara) is that small particles will catch the light and enhance your eye colour. I have hazel/brown eyes but bought this to use with a specific navy smokey eye look...!

The brush is silicone, which generally I do not like but this applied really nicely and allowed me to get all around my lashes. Tbh I can see the tint on the brush but I just see black when I apply to my lashes.

I got this on 3 for 2 (along with the hazel eyes and one of my usual 4D mascaras) and I'd probably rebuy on that offer again for the novelty of feeling I can match my mascara to my eyes. Don't buy it if you want a *blue/navy* mascara look though...1 point off for not quite doing what it says on the tin, but since it's such a nice mascara anyway I've given it 4.

I am a complete convert to this! Asked for it for Christmas as something interesting to try and I'm so impressed. I have quite long lashes and usually any mascaras which are volumising clump quite badly so I tend to go for something more defining instead, but this actually does both, length and volume and it does not budge, which is great for me as I wear contacts and rub my eyes a lot. It looks a shimmery deep blue on the brush but appears black when it's on. I wouldn't say it makes my eyes incredibly blue but there is a bit of a difference (and my mum said it made my eyes much bluer so maybe it's just me being a cynic!). Fantastic value, will definitely repurchase and try the eyeliner.

Packaging is sleek and stylish. The brush is rubber and has a lovely spring to it that allows it to comb through the lashes. The product is perfect in consistency, not too wet or dry. When you look at the product on the brush it has a slight purple hue from the particles in the formula. When it is applied though it just looks black but i swear the purple pigment combined with the black makes my blue eyes stand out more and the whites of my eyes look whiter. My lashes were longer and thicker without a single clump in sight. It kept my lashes curled and didnt feel heavy at all to wear. I love it.