Suave Suave Professionals Black Raspberry & White Tea

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Never had luck with a Suave Shampoo. Always dried out my hair. The only one I ever used consistently was the Suave 2-1 when I was in Elementary/Middle school. I've gone through my fair share of trying different high end shampoos/conditioners since then for fun but once I tried a Kenra combo from Ulta that dried out my VERY color treated hair to the point of frying it I decided to switch back to drugstore options. I found this combo in the smaller bottles all for a buck something each & just decided that if it ended up working out great I wouldn't have to spend so much on other stuff. Low & behold this combo actually feels really gentle, reduces my frizz but doesn't weigh my hair down one bit. Sure the formulas are a bit more runny & slide right out of the bottle when you go to get product out but I can live with that for the great price & for what it does to my hair. Never thought I would use a cheapie again but it is really good!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I don't have color-treated hair but I bought this because I've had good luck with most Suave professionals shampoos. I would say this shampoo is above average. It gets my hair just clean enough but probably wouldn't do the job for people with super oily hair. It doesn't seem to be drying but there's something about it I don't like as much as Suave's other shampoos like keratin and Moroccan; I feel like it could be more moisturizing/smoothing. It's not a bad product by any means, just not the best I've tried. I don't know if I would repurchase this simply because there are better shampoos out there but I would recommend at least trying it.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

I have slightly oily hair type and have colored hair. I noticed that I had quite a bit of hair loss after I used this shampoo every single time. This is the only shampoo that makes me loss hair during washing and in between washing. Will not purchase no matter how low the price is.

on 11/14/2014 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm so happy i purchased this product. I was a little skeptical at first but I was like why not? It's cheap! It smells great and makes my hair feel really clean and soft! I will definitely buy this product again.

This product is amazing. I don't even have color treated hair and it's amazing. Smells great too.

on 4/17/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wrote a great review for the matching conditioner and had to write one for this wonderful shampoo! I have very dry color treated hair and this stuff is amazing. It cleans my hair but leaves it moisturized without being oily. Since I have been using this my color last longer and my hair is super soft and shiny. Finish off with the conditioner and you will have amazing hair. Love!

I love this shampoo!I normally use a sulfate free shampoo(mainly the Pureology essential repair shampoo which sadly is being discontinued)However I find that if I don't use something with sulfates,my hair tends to get oily much quicker and seems to get weighed down.I will use this shampoo usually just once a week.Maybe twice if I feel very oily or had used allot of hair products.The smell of this does seem very sweet when sniffing it right from the bottle but when washing your hair it doesn't seem nearly as strong.I enjoy the smell!This does a great job at cleaning my hair.It does make my roots squeaky clean but it doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped.I do use a conditioner on the ends of my hair after shampooing but I do that no matter what shampoo I use.This is safe on my color treated hair and doesn't seem to cause any extreme fading.The price for this is good for my budget,I love the smell,isn't harsh but does a great job on cleaning my hair,and seems to protect my hair color.With all of these benefits,I of course will repurchase :)

on 9/18/2013 1:18:00 PM

I dye my hair and this shampoo with the conditioner makes my hair look, smell, and feel wonderful. It's shiny and adds a lot of volume to my natural curls. My hair used to be super dry. THIS IS WONDERFUL!
I would buy this again when I run out.

on 2/11/2013 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Not good or bad, so far is middle of the road for me, the suds and water were a little on the brown side so it did pull a little bit of my color, scalp didn't feel dry or squeaky clean but my hair did feel a little on the tangled side and had to use extra conditioner, I noticed that I had quite a bit of hair loss, not sure if it still Tressemme shampoo's fault. Will come back and update.
EDIT: This shampoo makes me loose quite a bit of hair between washes. The first ingredients are pretty nasty to my hair
Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Great product in every way except for the syrupy (sort of like overripe fruit) scent, which is why I took off a lippie. I've been using semi-permanent color on my hair so I want something that will get it nice and clean while the color stays fresh. This is truly the only product I have found (at any price) that fits the bill. It leaves my hair soft, shiny, bouncy - just looking and feeling super healthy.
So I will without a doubt continue to use it, but I hope someone hears the call for a cleaner, fresher scent.
Edit: The scent is actually growing on me.