L'Oreal Owl's Night

Owl's Night

4.2

on 1/23/2015 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a wonderful deepened brown almost black polish with warm golden shimmer. It's the only L'Oreal polish I own, as I do prefer HE and Salon polishes. Great color, ok wear time. It's a cheap dupe of Julep's Candace in my opinion.

on 10/24/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this is stunning! Very cool depth to the shimmer within the polish. Two coats of this with a topcoat of Nubar 2010 flakie polish turned out to be one of the prettiest autumn manicures I've ever done!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I feel so lucky to have found this- the last one in the store, too. I polished with it tonight, and still can't get over how beautiful it is.
It's stunning. Gorgeous. Sexy. Unique. Opaque in two coats. Quick-drying. Good formula. My new favorite polish. Incredible.
I've never been so sad to hear the words "Limited Edition" in my life.
I will forever be on the hunt to find a stable dupe of this.

I just got this polish tonight, but I am already in love. I will edit this post in a few days to state the staying power and all.

I love the blackish olive base color and the gold glitter reflects in it are perfect. I am going to repurchase a back up of this polish for the fall. Definitely a favorite.

I am not giving this any fives because I just purchased tonight, but as I said I will update.

on 10/11/2011 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Stunning color.Lousy polish.Tip wear by the end of 1 day.Formula kind of hard to work with.Chunky/Streeky.Ok if you are willing to put up with that.I am not.

This a review for Owl's Night. It's a medium-dark olive green with gold microglitter, and it seems to have some micro black particles in there as well. It has that "camo green" look to it. I think it's a nice, edgy fall color, but I'm sure there are plenty of dupes for it (or maybe this is one a dupe?) ... I think it looks nicer in the bottle than on the nails, too; I'll probably use this more for layering with other polishes than alone. I paid about $5 for it, which is not bad. I change polish frequently, so I can't speak to its longevity. The brush is just ok ... I've used better and I've used worse.
EDITED 10/4: Not sure how it happened, but this is now one of my favorite fall colors .. if I had to pick just one color to use all fall and even winter, this could be it. It actually looks amazing on the nail, whereas I'd earlier said it looked better in the bottle. It's a fairly deep olive, but the microshimmer (I won't even use the word "microglitter because it's not like glitter at all) is perfect ... some gold, and I think even a little black or dark brown-ish microshimmer. Very edgy, with almost an industrial feel to it, but very sexy at the same time IMHO. Really, this could be the new black as far as I'm concerned. I can see this paired with just about any color (clothing) except maybe pastels. Never have done this, but I think I will be buying a back-up bottle of this.

Popular Polishes