L'Oreal Owl's Night

L'Oreal Owl's Night
Owl's Night

on 10/20/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Super-beautiful! I've been looking for a shimmery brown that doesn't look like cockroach & this 1 one stood out @ me, it was the only 1 in left the display. Grabbed it w/o caring what the price was (which was $5).

The shimmer is a tarnished golden gilding that gives it a somewhat olive cast (like the picture above), very pretty & different. I was already wearing a burgundy shimmer manicure & I added a rich layer of this polish right over it, which looked immediately like the bottle color but as it dried down w/topcoat over it, it resulted in a very deep burnished cognac. Lovely effect.

So it's nice knowing this is a little sheer to layer w/other colors, but 2 coats for sure is entirely opaque & beautiful on its own. Glad I got it! I didn't think a brown like this existed. I rate nail polishes on color satisfaction above formula & durability, & this color definitely deserves a 5. Good thick formula (perhaps a tad goopy but stays where placed & doesn't easily flood the cuticle), good quality brush to cover plenty of nail surface, & the traditional L'Oreal square bottle packaging.

on 9/24/2011 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Grabbed this one yesterday at Walgreens and so glad I did! I wanted an almost-black fall polish that was different from anything else in my stash. This fits the bill. I would describe it as a blackened brown with golden, sparkly shimmer. The opacity is pretty decent, I layered 1 coat over Nina Ultra Pro Mossy Britches and I find it picks up some of the olive green. I'm not usually one for brown or warm toned polishes, but this one looks good against my medium cool skin. I understand this is HTF but if you can find it, I would say to snatch it up! Nice for a L'oreal polish.

Popular Polishes