Chanel Vitalumiere Hydra (Moist Radiance Emulsion Compact)

Chanel Vitalumiere Hydra (Moist Radiance Emulsion Compact)

4.4

on 10/13/2015 12:00:00 PM

this powder is great, quality is good... the problem is that, its very expensive and other powders will give the same effect so I would rate this perfect but the price will be at lowest. Packaging is ok.. looks like MAC and the shade i bought was 20, beige.. and its good but i tried better/similar powders that are cheaper...

its great but would not buy again.

on 10/2/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this compact is really nice the radiance is nice . every time i use this i get compliments .

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/8/2015 11:49:00 AM

I've been using this product for years now and have found it light and easy to apply. Coverage is natural and pleasant felling without the "cakey" look and blotches like some of the other foundations. It's more for day wear and may require a little heavier application for night. Nevertheless, I have to agree w tarayeo that the discontinued version of Teint innocence Compact is still better and have smoother coverage.

I apply using the sponge and it's fine, when coupled with Chanel's concealer, it works out to be a perfect blend and gives you the coverage one needs.

Highly recommend but may not be for everyone ..

Not a fan of this compact when it was used on my face. I thought the coverage would be full because of the texture. But it dries out my cheek and left it patchy. The plus side of this compact is that it is not heavy , rather light-weight, just not suitable for my skin. It's definitely travel-friendly.

Dehydrated skin might want to use a moisturizing primer before use.

on 7/11/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I do not get the hype with this foundation. I have mature, very dry skin and I use the CereVe PM moisturizer underneath this foundation to give it longer wear time. This foundation provides light to light medium coverage and applies best and last longer when used with a primer. As a positive, it blurs minor imperfections and lines and evens out the skin tone. You will need a good concealer for under eye area if you have dark circles. Unfortunately, it does not photograph well. Also the color range is limited (no cool undertones) in this line.

Further, the compact packaging is unsanitary as you need to dip your fingers into the pan. The foundations seems a bit thick for brush application and it absorbs into the sponge that is included. I feel this is another foundation made for younger, flawless skin for those in their 20s - 30s as noted in most of the reviews for this foundation.

I'll stick with Dior Flawless Powder foundation for the same or slightly better coverage with optimal color match options even if I have dry skin. Longer lasting and photographs beautifully.

UPDATE: Prior to applying this foundation, I use a moisturizer (from my dermatologist) followed by CereVe PM moisturizer and Elta MD Sunscreen. I then apply the foundation and it looks much better and lasts longer. I'll try using a foundation brush as one reviewer has suggested.

on 2/17/2015 11:47:00 AM

This foundation is as good as it gets. For daytime wear I use it as a concealer over selective areas of my face. For weddings and formal occasions i use it all over and the finish is unbelievable. I do prefer applying it with a brush rather than the sponge that comes with it. Worth the monetary investment.

on 10/30/2014 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this so far. I just wore it tonight, but it looked amazing. I will update in a few weeks.
UPDATE: It has been over 60 days and I am still loving this makeup.

on 3/25/2014 4:27:00 PM

Bought this after the Teint Innocence Cream to Powder compact was discontinued. I loved that compact but this one fell short for me. Contrary to the great reviews, this felt dry on my skin compared to the Teint Innocence cream. It almost felt like I was dragging the sponge across my skin as I applied it. It didn't help that the shade I got was too light although it was the same shade as in Teint Innocence. This foundation had great coverage but it emphasized my pores. I also felt like it couldn't melt into the skin and just sat on top. There wasn't the cool feeling I had when applying Teint Innocence as well. The packaging is pretty and functional but the product was disappointing. Wondering if I got a defective product that was dried out or something...

on 11/5/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Although I already used up all of it and it's been a while since I purchased it I have to review this product because I think it is the best foundation out there (at least for those of us that have dry/combination skin) I purchased mine at Lord & Taylor and the makeup artist was able to find the perfect match for me. It goes on flawless, even with a regular foundation brush, not the flat top ones. It stayed on all day, and had a pretty descent coverage and still looked very natural one me. I do believe it was discontinued or the name has changed to vitalumiere aqua, I'm not sure. I definitely recommend this foundation, it is a bit pricy (hence the reason why I haven't purchase it again) but it lasted me a while, you don't need to apply a lot of it. So for those of you that didn't like it maybe it's not for your skin type.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For years been looking and searching several brand of foundation. Starting from cheap till expansive, local and imported. Now finally found perfect one and still in a reasonable price. This is perfect , make my skin brightness but still looks natural and stay longer in the face as i oftenly sweat for my outdoor activity. I wont afraid to spend my money to buy this again ! Seems like this is my destiny...