Chanel Vitalumiere Hydra (Moist Radiance Emulsion Compact)

Chanel Vitalumiere Hydra (Moist Radiance Emulsion Compact)
Vitalumiere Hydra (Moist Radiance Emulsion Compact)Vitalumiere Hydra (Moist Radiance Emulsion Compact)

4.3

on 6/22/2017 11:49:00 AM

Holy grail foundation. Looks flawless when it's on the skin and after 8 hours it still looks great! Always get compliments from people whenever I wear it. Sadly it has been discontinued..

on 2/13/2017 3:21:00 PM

This creme foundation reminds me of MAC's Studio Tech foundation in a compact w/slight differences. MAC's cream foundation leans toward a greasy feel and slightly heavy. The Studio Tech foundation in NW20 is an okay shade match. Chanel's creme foundation goes on silky and feels great to the touch. I have this in 22 Beige Rose and the shade is in the light-medium range. Chanel's compliments my cool skin tone without looking too pink. The radiance is subtle and imparts a nice, healthy glow. Unfortunately Chanel's is higher in cost than MAC's cream foundation. I don't mind paying more for a foundation that works for my mature skin. The SPF in foundations aren't a selling point, because using a seperate SPF beforehand is my usual routine. I would definitely buy this again.

on 8/13/2016 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is not suitable for oily skin. I have it on my face as I type this review, and can't wait to wash it off. I tried it on at Bloomingdale's today and went on about my day to decide if it was a good match for me. I shopped, ate, drank coffee and came home. My skin looks oily, ugly and rough. It also highlighted a patch of dry skin I didn't even know I had on my nose. I also own Perfection Lumiere, and it is the most perfect foundation I have ever tried for my skin type. The problem is that I have to get ready for work at 5 am and I am not a morning person. Perfection Lumiere is a liquid foundation, and it takes me more time than I have to apply. For this reason, I usually end up leaving the house with no makeup on, wishing I had gotten up earlier to make myself look a little more put-together.

I was looking for something as magical as Perfection Lumiere, but with an easier application method. Well, this isn't it. With Perfection Lumiere, I can work, eat, drink, do jumping jacks, babysit my nephew, cook and still look polished at the end of the day. If I am going to pay 60 dollars for a foundation, I expect nothing less. This foundation may very well suit other people, but not me.

on 8/8/2015 11:49:00 AM

I've been using this product for years now and have found it light and easy to apply. Coverage is natural and pleasant felling without the "cakey" look and blotches like some of the other foundations. It's more for day wear and may require a little heavier application for night. Nevertheless, I have to agree w tarayeo that the discontinued version of Teint innocence Compact is still better and have smoother coverage.

I apply using the sponge and it's fine, when coupled with Chanel's concealer, it works out to be a perfect blend and gives you the coverage one needs.

Highly recommend but may not be for everyone ..

on 10/2/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this compact is really nice the radiance is nice . every time i use this i get compliments .

on 10/13/2015 12:00:00 PM

this powder is great, quality is good... the problem is that, its very expensive and other powders will give the same effect so I would rate this perfect but the price will be at lowest. Packaging is ok.. looks like MAC and the shade i bought was 20, beige.. and its good but i tried better/similar powders that are cheaper...

its great but would not buy again.

on 10/30/2014 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this so far. I just wore it tonight, but it looked amazing. I will update in a few weeks.
UPDATE: It has been over 60 days and I am still loving this makeup.

on 2/17/2015 11:47:00 AM

This foundation is as good as it gets. For daytime wear I use it as a concealer over selective areas of my face. For weddings and formal occasions i use it all over and the finish is unbelievable. I do prefer applying it with a brush rather than the sponge that comes with it. Worth the monetary investment.

on 7/11/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I do not get the hype with this foundation. I have mature, very dry skin and I use the CereVe PM moisturizer underneath this foundation to give it longer wear time. This foundation provides light to light medium coverage and applies best and last longer when used with a primer. As a positive, it blurs minor imperfections and lines and evens out the skin tone. You will need a good concealer for under eye area if you have dark circles. Unfortunately, it does not photograph well. Also the color range is limited (no cool undertones) in this line.

Further, the compact packaging is unsanitary as you need to dip your fingers into the pan. The foundations seems a bit thick for brush application and it absorbs into the sponge that is included. I feel this is another foundation made for younger, flawless skin for those in their 20s - 30s as noted in most of the reviews for this foundation.

I'll stick with Dior Flawless Powder foundation for the same or slightly better coverage with optimal color match options even if I have dry skin. Longer lasting and photographs beautifully.

UPDATE: Prior to applying this foundation, I use a moisturizer (from my dermatologist) followed by CereVe PM moisturizer and Elta MD Sunscreen. I then apply the foundation and it looks much better and lasts longer. I'll try using a foundation brush as one reviewer has suggested.

Not a fan of this compact when it was used on my face. I thought the coverage would be full because of the texture. But it dries out my cheek and left it patchy. The plus side of this compact is that it is not heavy , rather light-weight, just not suitable for my skin. It's definitely travel-friendly.

Dehydrated skin might want to use a moisturizing primer before use.