TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo

TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo

1.5

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

I got this when I was traveling and it was the dead of winter at a Walmart when it first came out. I can recall that the scent was quite strong and my daughters were complaining of the crazy cloud of powder that was spewed all over the place. If you have dark hair it will look like you put flour on your hair or like your some hobo. All the residue felt gummy, grimy, and made my scalp itch. My head felt so dirty that I couldn't stand to go another day without washing my hair. I tried this again and still the same thing. I tried to give it to my daughter who has oily roots, dry ends and she didn't care for this either.

on 10/22/2015 4:43:00 PM

Majority of my hair care products are TRESemme so when I herd about the dry shampoo I had to dry it. So about 24 hours after a shower, when my hair was slightly greasy I applied the dry shampoo following what the directions said. I had to my it into my scalp for 20 min and even then it didn't look good. You could see a cast over my hair making look extremely dull. My hair looked stiff and dull. Plus it felt heavy and greasier.

To Read all 138 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm so glad this has a bad rating bc this was my first dry shampoo and I thought they all might suck, as it turns out, it might just be the brand.
I have fine dry hair and this stuff just made my hair feel like chalk and look dull. I applied before bed and this morning it's still stiff and dull, I guess it doesn't look greasy but It it's just bad in diffrent way. I'll be trying John Fridea or bastille (spelling? ?)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I must be an oddball, because I actually like this stuff. I tried Pssst before, and that left a horrible white residue on my hair. It made it look gray and dirty. The TreSemme didn't leave any white stuff as long as I follow the directions. It makes my hair feel a little fresher after a workout when I want to go back to work without washing and drying. I wouldn't try to skip washing my hair for days at a time, but if you're just trying to deal with a little sweat until your next shower, it's fine.

My husband didn't care for the smell, but I prefer it to the smell of my own stink.

on 9/26/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

They revamped the formula but forgot to change the most critical thing that brought the original formula down:The smell. This smells like lemons and hair grease. Will never buy again. If you're into citrus scents, go with Tigi's Rockaholic...

on 9/10/2015 8:40:00 PM

This is literally the worst hair product ive ever used. It makes youre hair look 100x more dirty after using it. Its makes it sticky and stringy.

on 5/17/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is the only Dry Shampoo I've had to toss simply because it did NOTHING for my hair. Even when I'd let the dry shampoo soak on my head for a little, letting it some time to eat up the oil, no! I was still a greaseball afterwards. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

Not a super-great product if you want to use it all over, but it fits what I need it for. My very fine and oily hair can become a stringy mess throughout the day. I lift them up, spray from far away at the roots, and rub into my scapl then brush out. Makes them look fuller and MUCH less oily. Not too bad for bangs, but for the rest of my hair, I'd use something else.

on 2/11/2015 5:14:00 PM

Horrible - literally felt like dirty air was being sprayed into my hair. Did not work one bit.

absolutely horrible. although it smells clean, it makes your hair limp and stringy. it actually looks and feels WORSE after using this. i don't know what they were thinking when they decided this was fit to be sold in stores...