Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Black
No Image

on 2/17/2015 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have a sensitive and combined skin type. Aesop is the first plant-based brand I tried. However at first I find it is still a little irritating for a sensitive skin tpye. Firstly I used it with bare hands and water but it had little foam. I always enjoy clean my face with rich foam. So then I put the cleanser in a suds maker container from muji. That's when I find it good. With very densed foam and the parsley smell (some may find it horrible but I happen to like the natural plant smell), I started to like this product. With its price it is not a very cheap product but for a sensitive skin like mine, the most important thing is that it doesn't contain a lot of chemicals and safe for my skin.

on 2/15/2015 7:05:00 AM

This is a great cleanser its gentle yet effective. The consistency is a gel that has light foam when water is added. Its a great deep cleanser for combination, sensitive, acne prone skin. It helps brighten and slightly exfoliate since it contains lactic acid which is chemical exfoliant without the harsh particles. It also contains oils that can melt away dirt,oil even light makeup. The oils can help penetrate deep into the pores to help with clog pores. Oils are not bad for oily skin it will help deep cleanse and balance the skin. It does contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate as the second ingredient,but the added oils help slight reduce the dryness associated with SLS. I have tried many cleanser that claim to be deep cleansing without SLS or oils they did nothing or was not strong enough. Slight amount of SLS combined with oils work the best for clog pores and acne prone skin. Even though it contains oils it doesn't leave the skin oily no residue rinses off well. Since this is deep cleansing I treat it as a exfoliating cleanser so I use it about 2-3 times a week. This can be drying if used everyday.

on 2/16/2013 9:41:00 AM

I was recommended this cleanser for my combination skin and despite it's hefty price tag, I bought a 200ml bottle of it after several sampling sessions.

The parsley seed cleanser smells natural and herbal, which is so inviting in the morning. I like that it contains lactic acid and liquorice extracts, as it leaves my skin looking quite glowy and smooth. You can leave it on longer for better chemical exfoliation. Also, the rich anti-oxidant properties found in this cleanser are always nice to have, and would benefit the health of your skin.

Plus, the apothecary like bottle design looks sleek and modern in the bathroom! I personally would recommend this for oilier/combination skin and perhaps as a weekly deeper clean exfoliant for those with drier skin.