Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
No Image

4.3

I've been using this cleanser for 3 months now, it's an amazing cleanser for the summer especially when you get oily and your skin turns acne prone. My skin tends to get oily and acne prone plus I wear a SPF 50 sunscreen everyday on my face, so my skin tends to breakout often however ever since I started using this cleanser my skin has cleared a lot, my t-zone isn't as oily as it always is in the summer and what I also like about this product is that it has Lactic acid in it which is a mild exfoliater and because of this ingredient I think the mild exfoliation is helping my other products work more efficiently. This is my holy grail for summer however I am going to still keep using it in the autumn and see if it still gives me these amazing results. I also tried the Aesop parsley seed mask and toner which I will review later on.

on 2/17/2015 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have a sensitive and combined skin type. Aesop is the first plant-based brand I tried. However at first I find it is still a little irritating for a sensitive skin tpye. Firstly I used it with bare hands and water but it had little foam. I always enjoy clean my face with rich foam. So then I put the cleanser in a suds maker container from muji. That's when I find it good. With very densed foam and the parsley smell (some may find it horrible but I happen to like the natural plant smell), I started to like this product. With its price it is not a very cheap product but for a sensitive skin like mine, the most important thing is that it doesn't contain a lot of chemicals and safe for my skin.

on 6/13/2014 3:35:00 AM

Smells herbal fresh and cleanses well, good for normal/oily skins. Very nice in the morning. Probably overpriced but it is Aesop. I love the aesthetic and smells of their products. ery nice in the morning.

on 9/21/2011 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just started using this cleanser for a week now & so far my acne prone oily/combo skin is liking it. The smell is very botanical/fresh, a bit more overpowering than the other Aesop cleansers but its not unpleasant. This has lactic acid and AHA which gently exfoliates the skin, especially if you leave it on for a few minutes before washing off. Its a foaming cleasner but doesn't strip the skin or leave it feeling 'tight', altough it does make my skin slightly drier. This would work wonders for oily to very oily skin but may aggravate drier skins. So far I like this product & will contiue using it.