Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.4

on 7/5/2018 1:25:00 AM

Living in a tropical climate, my skin tends to get oily and congested. It’s the only cleanser that helps keep those annoying white heads at bay. The consultant suggested to leave it on my skin for a minute and it really does work wonders. My skin feels soft and smoother.

I've been using this cleanser for 3 months now, it's an amazing cleanser for the summer especially when you get oily and your skin turns acne prone. My skin tends to get oily and acne prone plus I wear a SPF 50 sunscreen everyday on my face, so my skin tends to breakout often however ever since I started using this cleanser my skin has cleared a lot, my t-zone isn't as oily as it always is in the summer and what I also like about this product is that it has Lactic acid in it which is a mild exfoliater and because of this ingredient I think the mild exfoliation is helping my other products work more efficiently. This is my holy grail for summer however I am going to still keep using it in the autumn and see if it still gives me these amazing results. I also tried the Aesop parsley seed mask and toner which I will review later on.

on 7/5/2016 9:38:00 PM

For that price tag I'd except more than just good smell. Will not repurchase.

on 6/22/2016 4:56:00 AM

There is absolutely nothing special about this cleanser that would justify the high price. Yes, it does clean nicely, is mild, has a nice foam and a pleasant herbal smell. But so do many other cleansers. Also, the packaging is not very practical, in my opinion.

on 4/4/2015 5:23:00 AM

This is nice, average run of the mill cleanser for oil-combo skins, doesn't remove makeup but does a decent job otherwise. No one should ever have to spend almost $60 AUD on a cleanser of this calibre. This performs like a $15 cleanser. I would say that this is nothing special and if you want something equivalent but natural, there a a multitude of other cleansers out there for about $15 or less. The deal breaker is the price, honestly, try it and see for yourself but I got this as a gift, happily used this but would never shell out this much. Love the pump but it's not adequate to exfoliate or make that much of a difference to the texture of your skin. Its low foam, pleasant scented and non-offensive.

on 2/15/2015 7:05:00 AM

This is a great cleanser its gentle yet effective. The consistency is a gel that has light foam when water is added. Its a great deep cleanser for combination, sensitive, acne prone skin. It helps brighten and slightly exfoliate since it contains lactic acid which is chemical exfoliant without the harsh particles. It also contains oils that can melt away dirt,oil even light makeup. The oils can help penetrate deep into the pores to help with clog pores. Oils are not bad for oily skin it will help deep cleanse and balance the skin. It does contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate as the second ingredient,but the added oils help slight reduce the dryness associated with SLS. I have tried many cleanser that claim to be deep cleansing without SLS or oils they did nothing or was not strong enough. Slight amount of SLS combined with oils work the best for clog pores and acne prone skin. Even though it contains oils it doesn't leave the skin oily no residue rinses off well. Since this is deep cleansing I treat it as a exfoliating cleanser so I use it about 2-3 times a week. This can be drying if used everyday.

on 6/13/2014 3:35:00 AM

Smells herbal fresh and cleanses well, good for normal/oily skins. Very nice in the morning. Probably overpriced but it is Aesop. I love the aesthetic and smells of their products. ery nice in the morning.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the worst cleanser I have ever come across. I have had perfect clear, plump skin for 21 years and I've hardly had any break outs. However, immediately after using this Aesop Parsley Seed cleanser I broke out. I got pimples everywhere. At first I didn't know if it was because of other products I had also started using at the same time, so I went off the Aesop cleanser for a few weeks and my skin went a little better and then because of the price I paid I thought I might try it again and hopefully my skin would have had adjusted. However it just got worse. Again, it broke me out within a few hours of use. It's actually ridiculous. It enlarged my pores, broke me out with pimples, created little bumpy texture on my forehead. My skin has never been in this condition. The product is expensive (around $57AUD for 200ml) and I hate that it's just going to waste away in the jar.

So dissapointed with Aesop after it getting so many rave reviews.