Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser

No Image

3.6

on 9/21/2011 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just started using this cleanser for a week now & so far my acne prone oily/combo skin is liking it. The smell is very botanical/fresh, a bit more overpowering than the other Aesop cleansers but its not unpleasant. This has lactic acid and AHA which gently exfoliates the skin, especially if you leave it on for a few minutes before washing off. Its a foaming cleasner but doesn't strip the skin or leave it feeling 'tight', altough it does make my skin slightly drier. This would work wonders for oily to very oily skin but may aggravate drier skins. So far I like this product & will contiue using it.

on 7/5/2018 1:25:00 AM

Living in a tropical climate, my skin tends to get oily and congested. It’s the only cleanser that helps keep those annoying white heads at bay. The consultant suggested to leave it on my skin for a minute and it really does work wonders. My skin feels soft and smoother.

I've been using this cleanser for 3 months now, it's an amazing cleanser for the summer especially when you get oily and your skin turns acne prone. My skin tends to get oily and acne prone plus I wear a SPF 50 sunscreen everyday on my face, so my skin tends to breakout often however ever since I started using this cleanser my skin has cleared a lot, my t-zone isn't as oily as it always is in the summer and what I also like about this product is that it has Lactic acid in it which is a mild exfoliater and because of this ingredient I think the mild exfoliation is helping my other products work more efficiently. This is my holy grail for summer however I am going to still keep using it in the autumn and see if it still gives me these amazing results. I also tried the Aesop parsley seed mask and toner which I will review later on.

on 7/5/2016 9:38:00 PM

For that price tag I'd except more than just good smell. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Woo this felt really soapy and mild, while making your face feel clean. Smells very herby. Will repurchase

on 6/22/2016 4:56:00 AM

There is absolutely nothing special about this cleanser that would justify the high price. Yes, it does clean nicely, is mild, has a nice foam and a pleasant herbal smell. But so do many other cleansers. Also, the packaging is not very practical, in my opinion.

on 4/4/2015 5:23:00 AM

This is nice, average run of the mill cleanser for oil-combo skins, doesn't remove makeup but does a decent job otherwise. No one should ever have to spend almost $60 AUD on a cleanser of this calibre. This performs like a $15 cleanser. I would say that this is nothing special and if you want something equivalent but natural, there a a multitude of other cleansers out there for about $15 or less. The deal breaker is the price, honestly, try it and see for yourself but I got this as a gift, happily used this but would never shell out this much. Love the pump but it's not adequate to exfoliate or make that much of a difference to the texture of your skin. Its low foam, pleasant scented and non-offensive.

on 2/17/2015 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have a sensitive and combined skin type. Aesop is the first plant-based brand I tried. However at first I find it is still a little irritating for a sensitive skin tpye. Firstly I used it with bare hands and water but it had little foam. I always enjoy clean my face with rich foam. So then I put the cleanser in a suds maker container from muji. That's when I find it good. With very densed foam and the parsley smell (some may find it horrible but I happen to like the natural plant smell), I started to like this product. With its price it is not a very cheap product but for a sensitive skin like mine, the most important thing is that it doesn't contain a lot of chemicals and safe for my skin.

on 2/15/2015 7:05:00 AM

This is a great cleanser its gentle yet effective. The consistency is a gel that has light foam when water is added. Its a great deep cleanser for combination, sensitive, acne prone skin. It helps brighten and slightly exfoliate since it contains lactic acid which is chemical exfoliant without the harsh particles. It also contains oils that can melt away dirt,oil even light makeup. The oils can help penetrate deep into the pores to help with clog pores. Oils are not bad for oily skin it will help deep cleanse and balance the skin. It does contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate as the second ingredient,but the added oils help slight reduce the dryness associated with SLS. I have tried many cleanser that claim to be deep cleansing without SLS or oils they did nothing or was not strong enough. Slight amount of SLS combined with oils work the best for clog pores and acne prone skin. Even though it contains oils it doesn't leave the skin oily no residue rinses off well. Since this is deep cleansing I treat it as a exfoliating cleanser so I use it about 2-3 times a week. This can be drying if used everyday.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this cleanser, after years of struggling with acne, I use this cleanser every night and it has completely cleared my skin up. Quite high foaming, feels like it's getting rid of all the makeup and dirt. My skin absolutely glows after using this, and I have had many compliments on my skin since I started using it. I have very dry skin and it doesn't feel like it's stripping my skin at all.