REVLON Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
REVLON Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120
Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120

3.7

This is my go-to crease shade for any eye look; it's just so damn versatile!
When I was looking in the Revlon eye section in store, the glitter practically sold me on this single. I'm a sucker for any unique-looking (but wearable) eyeshadow, and this fit the bill oh so finely. The color itself looked more like a dark grey rather than a black; I think all the glitter gave a patina of shine that made the eyeshadow look more silvery. That didn't really take away anything from its quality, though.
I've had awesome luck with this eyeshadow's pigmentation; while it won't give you a pure charcoal black, which I wasn't really expecting it to, it will give you a very workable grey-black shade which goes with almost any other color (holy run-on sentence). The glitter looks very overwhelming at first, but not a lot of it actually makes it onto your eyes- most of it becomes fallout. You decide whether that's a plus or a minus.
The texture of this eyeshadow is great, once you get past the initial layer of pressed glitter. Because of the glitter, it feels rather gritty, but I don't think that it affects its behavior when you apply it. I've been able to blend it easily, and you can pack it on pretty well if you really want that glitter.
I love its staying power; with primer, it lasts through anything without creasing or fading, including aggressive swimming. Also, you get a great amount of product for the price, which is pretty cheap as it is- I got one for around $5. I highly recommend this eyeshadow- it can really add dimension to any eye look.

on 4/4/2013 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'd read the reviews so I wasn't expected much. I only bought it because with my coupons it was only 49 cents. What the heck. But without primer, it shows up nicely. It's a deep grey with pretty multi-color shimmer. With primer, it can be used as an eyeliner. Wish they made more colors.

on 2/3/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like glittery eyeshadow but this one was a disappointment. It's very pretty in the pan but it has weak pigmentation and tons of fallout. If it was a glittery pigmented black I'd love it but you have to wear a good primer under it to make it show up on the lids.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

temptalia did a not so great review on the blue shade of this line of shadow. this one is no different. bronze, blue & green glitter chunks with smaller silver micro glitter in a charcoal colored shadow. the colorful glitter is messy and gets everywhere even over udpp. the silver micro glitter does manage to stay put i guess because its more plentiful and infused into the shadow better. revlon consistently makes such disappointing eye makeup products.

on 5/12/2012 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is nice if you're looking for a gray color with sparkle. I was looking for a silver shimmer shadow and this wasn't it :/ I gave it a 3 because the price and package aren't bad but it's not very true to color.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sorry to have to be Debbie Downer but I did not like this eyeshadow at all. I truelly believe E.L.F.'s dollar quad in drama is way better as far as pigment go and the glitter. I used to use Hard Candys liqourice before the brand became a DS brand and it was an awesome black with silver glitter. Since it was discontinued years ago, I have tried to find a replacement and haven't came close to it. I do like elfs alot better than revlons e/s by far though and it gives you the option of keeping it lighter or making it darker with the four colors.
Night sky had a ton of fall out and you can hardly see the color pigment in the actual color of the eyeshadow itself.
It took me a while to find a walmart that carries the new line so I was excited when I had found it. I should have gone with my instinct and bought the all silver one or the pink purplish one. Darn, 5 bucks down the drain!

love love the shimmer in this..make your eyes sparkle :)

on 11/8/2011 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

All I can say is I'm in love with this eyeshadow. With a black base under it. Like smashbox's smudge pot = fantastic!

on 10/3/2011 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

night sky is a marvellous dark charcoal eye shadow that contains silver and holographic glitter! It is part of the new collection expressionist! It's like having some little stars on your eyes! The charcoal is pretty pigmented,wich gives a density to the eye shadow! So georgous! To create a special evening look or just to have fun,with that eye shadow!if you use a base(l.a splash eye shadow base) it will last longer and prevent fall out! Go well with dark purple,silver,black,pink eye shadows! Love it!

on 9/20/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

I tend to gravitate towards Revlon eyeshadows every time I see the latest stuff on display, especially shimmery ones that look runway glam. Generally I find that most Revlon powder shadows apply sheer & have a matte chalky/dusty finish. That's what I always liked in an eyeshadow but nowadays I want more depth & dimension, like a rich cream w/o the greasiness or creasiness. Something w/more pizzazz & not so pasty-looking.

I was leary of buying another chalky Revlon shadow but when I saw this color I was instantly enamored with it! While I don't need any more eye cosmetics (since I rarely bother w/makeup anymore), I still had to try this one. I thought it would cost $10 but it was only $6 (happy surprise) - that's less than the Maybelline Intense ShadowBlast that I bought. Revlon was the better deal.

Night Sky is a charcoal-black base with a fine mix of sparkly holographic & silver glitter. I LOVE IT! The holographic effect is what drew me in - gives dimensional sparkle instead of singular-color shine.

It CAN be applied sheer or built up in layers for more depth, whichever you're in the mood for (I like that!). The glitter is finely milled, not garishly chunky, so the sparkle is subtle but beautiful upclose & sticks to the skin instead of falling off & leaving behind just a muddy eye that looks dirty - I've had that experience w/shadows that have glitter only as a top layer in the pan w/plain powder underneath. Revlon's glitter appears most intense on the surface (to get your attn) but it's also mixed in throughout the pan.

Eager to test it once I got it, I applied a fine coat to my UNprimed eyes (plus I have oily lids) & now 4+ hrs later the shadow is still there where I put it w/just minimal fading & it creased only just a *little* bit, FAR less than any of my other powder shadows ever did. I'm impressed.

Since I smooshed it on close to my lash line in a hurry, I'm observing some sparkle through my eyelashes which I'm actually enjoying, lol - it doesn't interfere w/my vision & it reminds me that I'm wearing some glamorous shadow (which picks up my mood, lol). Makes a beautiful dressed-up smokey eye...though I am wearing it @ work right now. lol
It's not too clubby for a daytime office look (depending on your work environment).

I do have a few sparkles that fell on my cheeks b/c I dusted off some excess from my eyes when I blended w/a Kleenex (didn't have a brush or cottonball handy), but I actually like the look. It would only be noticeable to others if they invade the comfort zone of personal space.

A little mascara completes the look & eyeliner is optional b/c the glitter does all the glam work. This eyeshadow makes a 2-step eye look like it took a lot of work to create. Great product! I love glitter makeup - very versatile & blingy. Will check out the other colors too...purple in particular.

I bought Revlon's Diamond Lust before (in clear packaging) but I didn't like the pale champagne color I chose. This smokey color really gives me diamond lust. :)