Revlon Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Revlon Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120
Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120

3.3

on 6/21/2012 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't normally go for black or charcoal, but i figured i'd give this a try - it was cheap enough, so it wouldn't be a great loss if it failed. I like it because the darkness is tempered by silver and iridescent glitter.
Now, i LIKE glitter - used judiciously, of course. So i don't pair this with other glitter monsters. It is, however, quite the glitter fallout bomb. I do my eyes first before doing my face - that way i can get off most of the fallout and it isn't stuck in my foundation. Much of it stays where it should, fortunately, but i do find some down my decolletage when it's time to take off my makeup.
Someone just recommended Too Faced Glitter Glue to me, so i'll give that a try and see if it helps keep it from shedding so much. I still like it. I wear glasses, so any fallout around my eyes is not as noticeable as it would be if i didn't...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

temptalia did a not so great review on the blue shade of this line of shadow. this one is no different. bronze, blue & green glitter chunks with smaller silver micro glitter in a charcoal colored shadow. the colorful glitter is messy and gets everywhere even over udpp. the silver micro glitter does manage to stay put i guess because its more plentiful and infused into the shadow better. revlon consistently makes such disappointing eye makeup products.

on 9/20/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I tend to gravitate towards Revlon eyeshadows every time I see the latest stuff on display, especially shimmery ones that look runway glam. Generally I find that most Revlon powder shadows apply sheer & have a matte chalky/dusty finish. That's what I always liked in an eyeshadow but nowadays I want more depth & dimension, like a rich cream w/o the greasiness or creasiness. Something w/more pizzazz & not so pasty-looking.

I was leary of buying another chalky Revlon shadow but when I saw this color I was instantly enamored with it! While I don't need any more eye cosmetics (since I rarely bother w/makeup anymore), I still had to try this one. I thought it would cost $10 but it was only $6 (happy surprise) - that's less than the Maybelline Intense ShadowBlast that I bought. Revlon was the better deal.

Night Sky is a charcoal-black base with a fine mix of sparkly holographic & silver glitter. I LOVE IT! The holographic effect is what drew me in - gives dimensional sparkle instead of singular-color shine.

It CAN be applied sheer or built up in layers for more depth, whichever you're in the mood for (I like that!). The glitter is finely milled, not garishly chunky, so the sparkle is subtle but beautiful upclose & sticks to the skin instead of falling off & leaving behind just a muddy eye that looks dirty - I've had that experience w/shadows that have glitter only as a top layer in the pan w/plain powder underneath. Revlon's glitter appears most intense on the surface (to get your attn) but it's also mixed in throughout the pan.

Eager to test it once I got it, I applied a fine coat to my UNprimed eyes (plus I have oily lids) & now 4+ hrs later the shadow is still there where I put it w/just minimal fading & it creased only just a *little* bit, FAR less than any of my other powder shadows ever did. I'm impressed.

Since I smooshed it on close to my lash line in a hurry, I'm observing some sparkle through my eyelashes which I'm actually enjoying, lol - it doesn't interfere w/my vision & it reminds me that I'm wearing some glamorous shadow (which picks up my mood, lol). Makes a beautiful dressed-up smokey eye...though I am wearing it @ work right now. lol
It's not too clubby for a daytime office look (depending on your work environment).

I do have a few sparkles that fell on my cheeks b/c I dusted off some excess from my eyes when I blended w/a Kleenex (didn't have a brush or cottonball handy), but I actually like the look. It would only be noticeable to others if they invade the comfort zone of personal space.

A little mascara completes the look & eyeliner is optional b/c the glitter does all the glam work. This eyeshadow makes a 2-step eye look like it took a lot of work to create. Great product! I love glitter makeup - very versatile & blingy. Will check out the other colors too...purple in particular.

I bought Revlon's Diamond Lust before (in clear packaging) but I didn't like the pale champagne color I chose. This smokey color really gives me diamond lust. :)