Revlon Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120

Filtered by age: 36-43
Revlon Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120
Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120

4.5

on 4/4/2013 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'd read the reviews so I wasn't expected much. I only bought it because with my coupons it was only 49 cents. What the heck. But without primer, it shows up nicely. It's a deep grey with pretty multi-color shimmer. With primer, it can be used as an eyeliner. Wish they made more colors.

love love the shimmer in this..make your eyes sparkle :)

on 10/3/2011 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

night sky is a marvellous dark charcoal eye shadow that contains silver and holographic glitter! It is part of the new collection expressionist! It's like having some little stars on your eyes! The charcoal is pretty pigmented,wich gives a density to the eye shadow! So georgous! To create a special evening look or just to have fun,with that eye shadow!if you use a base(l.a splash eye shadow base) it will last longer and prevent fall out! Go well with dark purple,silver,black,pink eye shadows! Love it!

on 9/20/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I tend to gravitate towards Revlon eyeshadows every time I see the latest stuff on display, especially shimmery ones that look runway glam. Generally I find that most Revlon powder shadows apply sheer & have a matte chalky/dusty finish. That's what I always liked in an eyeshadow but nowadays I want more depth & dimension, like a rich cream w/o the greasiness or creasiness. Something w/more pizzazz & not so pasty-looking.

I was leary of buying another chalky Revlon shadow but when I saw this color I was instantly enamored with it! While I don't need any more eye cosmetics (since I rarely bother w/makeup anymore), I still had to try this one. I thought it would cost $10 but it was only $6 (happy surprise) - that's less than the Maybelline Intense ShadowBlast that I bought. Revlon was the better deal.

Night Sky is a charcoal-black base with a fine mix of sparkly holographic & silver glitter. I LOVE IT! The holographic effect is what drew me in - gives dimensional sparkle instead of singular-color shine.

It CAN be applied sheer or built up in layers for more depth, whichever you're in the mood for (I like that!). The glitter is finely milled, not garishly chunky, so the sparkle is subtle but beautiful upclose & sticks to the skin instead of falling off & leaving behind just a muddy eye that looks dirty - I've had that experience w/shadows that have glitter only as a top layer in the pan w/plain powder underneath. Revlon's glitter appears most intense on the surface (to get your attn) but it's also mixed in throughout the pan.

Eager to test it once I got it, I applied a fine coat to my UNprimed eyes (plus I have oily lids) & now 4+ hrs later the shadow is still there where I put it w/just minimal fading & it creased only just a *little* bit, FAR less than any of my other powder shadows ever did. I'm impressed.

Since I smooshed it on close to my lash line in a hurry, I'm observing some sparkle through my eyelashes which I'm actually enjoying, lol - it doesn't interfere w/my vision & it reminds me that I'm wearing some glamorous shadow (which picks up my mood, lol). Makes a beautiful dressed-up smokey eye...though I am wearing it @ work right now. lol
It's not too clubby for a daytime office look (depending on your work environment).

I do have a few sparkles that fell on my cheeks b/c I dusted off some excess from my eyes when I blended w/a Kleenex (didn't have a brush or cottonball handy), but I actually like the look. It would only be noticeable to others if they invade the comfort zone of personal space.

A little mascara completes the look & eyeliner is optional b/c the glitter does all the glam work. This eyeshadow makes a 2-step eye look like it took a lot of work to create. Great product! I love glitter makeup - very versatile & blingy. Will check out the other colors too...purple in particular.

I bought Revlon's Diamond Lust before (in clear packaging) but I didn't like the pale champagne color I chose. This smokey color really gives me diamond lust. :)