Burberry Body

Burberry Body EDP

3.4

on 4/20/2016 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received Body and Brit Rhythm as samples with my order, both being my first Burberry scents; otherwise I wouldn't have come to test any for maybe the rest of my life. So, I am absolutely an amateur without any knowledge about other Burberry fragrances to compare.

It was midsummer when I tested Body, and at first it seemed almost non-existent, leaving me feeling anosmic. Few minutes later, a somewhat shy but very fresh, light, happy scent, like a refreshing fruit drink, emerged from the sprayed spot, and I had to remember the source of this deliciousness. It was the peach, and overall it reminded me very much of the Tommy Girl flanker I like, the same uplifting, carefree freshness. Moreso in contrast to the Brit Rhythm which shocked me with the strong, spicy opening - Body felt like a soft, velvet-smooth salmon pink blanket, while Brit Rhythm reminded me of some ethnic food and drums (an association referring to the naming.)

Later on, the rose surfaced, girlish and soft sweet pink-coloured, not very floral but rather in an understated, polished style. My mother actually preferred Body to Rhythm, sniffing both from my wrists, saying Body smelled "good and soft."

I recently had the opportunity to purchase either Body or Rhythm, and chose the latter. While Body is certainly a pleasant, soft scent which will never offend anyone (I don't really get the dislikes, must be body chemistry), it is a little bit like a bodymist type of fragrance to my nose. It always conjures a modern bathroom ambience of an expensive hotel, with very feminine interior, bright but friendly lights, shining washing basins in a soft pink, and the liquid soap smelling like Body - somewhat expensive yet modern rose with a touch of peach, to keep it all non-stuffy but casual.

I find it a pleasant fragrance because I like the association; I just needed a lavender scent which was more 'serious'/business-like, Rhythm offering both.
If I was gifted a bottle of Body, I would love to wear it in summer for a clean, casual and carefree feeling.

Body remained very skin-close on me, lasting around 3,4 hours only lightly dabbed from the sample vial, so spraying might give longer duration.

on 3/21/2016 1:46:00 AM

Tried this for the first time today and am absolutely in love with it. I think ive found my holy grail of perfumes. Im usually a musky oriental floral type girl but this scent has got me hooked. I can best describe it as a clean woodsy subtly powdery smell that is not overpowering, just very sensual and sexy. Would highly recommend. I cant stop smelling my wrist
P.s. unlike some of the other reviews i do not smell rose. I smell more of the sandalwood and vanilla

on 1/7/2016 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I got this perfume as a gift from my boyfriend's father and I got very happy! I got first the eau de toilette and before that I even didn't know there was toilette, only parfum and colegne. Anyway, I loved the toilette version, it stays hours in my body! I can say that it stays about 8h and has an amaying fragance, not sweet at all! So if you prefer sweet ones maybe you wont go for this one. But honestly I don't think someone can find it intolerable.

Afterwards I also got as a gift the parfum version and I loved it!!!! The smell is stronger, but it stays the same time as the toilette. So if you want to pay less, go for the toilette version and be happy!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was so happy when I found this on sale at Tj Maxx. It was still expensive there, but I had to get it, because I love musky fragrances. This reminds me of my current favorite, Prada Infusion Iris a lot. The combination of Iris and Musk is just so lovely. I think both of them are so unique and just amazing perfumes. Body has interesting top notes, but I'll admit that I really didn't notice them at first, and never would have guessed wormwood. I also didn't detect the peach or rose! That is so funny, everyone else smells rose, but I smell Iris. I think my nose must really love Iris or something....In all this is just a very wearable and enjoyable scent in my opinion. I can wear it to work and not offend anyone, and I can wear it for romantic evenings out. I love the ginormous bottle too, and I feel as if it will last me a long time. I've owned so many Burberry perfumes over the years, but I've never loved one this much, except the original.

on 3/27/2015 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a very warm and sexy scent. On me, the opening does not last very long- it goes straight to the end which smells very warm and sexy. I like this one because I wanted something that had that same warm cozy sweetness as Burberry Brit edp, but without the heaviness and huge silage. This one stays closer to the skin.

on 12/27/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Body is a formal elegant fragrance, it isn't very exciting, but it certainly isnt a bad scent, it has the Burberry quality throughout...it is a soft musky floral, Rose is dominant but it isn't a watery rose, more a grown up rose...still, for my nose, it lacks something, it would suit a teacher, a librarian, anyone who doesn't like strong scents. my mother in law loves it, it is that classy...but it lacks sensuality, and pizzazzz!!

on 12/25/2014 3:42:00 PM

My husband got me this. I wanted to love it, but it smells like bad perfumes mixed together and it gives me a horrible headache. Smells like chemicals

on 11/2/2014 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I smelled this once and was in love. This is a gorgeous fragrance that I will forever have in my collection. This smells like roses and musk with cashmere and sandalwood on me. This is a very complex and warm fragrance that is nowhere near being too young or trendy.

Top notes open with wormwood, peaches, and freesia. I smell them at first but they disappear on me to open the middle notes of iris, rose, and sandalwood. The rose is very intense on me and softens as the first hour goes by. Base notes are cashmere wood, musk, amber, and vanilla. The cashmere lingers for the entirety of the wear time on me with the rose and sandalwood. There is a hint of vanilla and musk with amber I smell on myself.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm obsessed with this scent.

It's a fruity scent but it has a lot of depth. It starts off smelling like a fruity soapy clean scent. By lunchtime I can smell florals in it. And it ends off my day with a spicy musky scent.

It lasts my whole work day 8+ hours. This scent to me is very classy and just makes me feel beautiful.

I can see why some people may think this smells grandma-ish but I would say still give it a whiff because it has surpassed all other perfumes for me, and I definitely don't feel like grandma when I wear it!

This is, without a doubt, one of the sexiest-smelling daytime perfumes I own. Before I ever bought it, I saw it on several "Fragrances Men Love" blog lists. Well, they weren't lying. I received one compliment after another, not to mention the looks they were throwing my way.

I won't get into describing all the notes since they're already above, but it's spicy, woodsy and powdery, with just a hint of peach to make it very feminine. It's alluring. And although it is powdery, it's not nearly as much on my skin as it was on the testers I tried.

I see it listed as mostly a fall fragrance, but I don't know...if you're a spicy, woodsy, powdery girl like me, I think it could easily be worn during the summer months with a light hand.

Longevity and sillage are both moderate on me.

Popular Fragrances