Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet
Chanel LibreChanel Libre

4.7

Isononyl Isononnanoate, Dicapryl Carbonate, Diisostearl Malate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Jojoba Esters, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Ethylhexl Palmitate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Tribehenin, Tocopheryl Acetate, PropyleneCarbonate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Alumina, Silica, Tocophrol, Palmitoyl Oligopepitde, BHT, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 12085 (Red 36), CI 15850 (Red 6), CL 15850 (Red 7 Lake)CL 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake)CL 17200 (Red 33 Lake), CL 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CL 45380 (Red 22 Lake), CL 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CL73360 (Red 30 Lake), CL 75470 (Carmine), CL 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) CL 77742 (Manganese Violet), CL 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I only have one shade of this lipstick, but it is really nice. It has an interesting texture: it feels a little silicone-y, but in a nice way. It's very soft on the lips, and it isn't a dry looking matte but rather a soft, velvety matte (hence the name.) For me it wears pretty well, around 3-4 hours before needing a touchup. I love the packaging, it is very sleek and chic and fun. The line is very expensive so I don't know if I would buy more for myself, but they are lovely if you're in the market for high end, pretty, matte-but-not-dry lipsticks.

on 9/22/2017 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My mom likes this brand lipstick so far. (Latest one purchased 2016) She is very picky with her lipstick. She says it's smooth , pigments are beautiful keeps her lips soft. If it is reformulated and not for the better she will know as she is very sensitive with cosmetics. I hope, specially high end brands will focus on improving high quality of their product and not end up using cheap fillers or alternative cheap items. Customers who buy for quality and not brand will know . Currently, my mom also uses Bite lipsticks and Ysl .

on 6/27/2017 11:28:00 PM

I never post negative reviews, but I cannot keep my fingers from tapping tonight. I recently purchased three shades from this line, which I have always loved. The Chanel Rouge Allure line of lip colors, that is. Until now. They have "reformulated" their lipsticks (but maintained the same price point- so we pay in diminished product quality); I was so excited to get these and so disappointed when I applied them for the first time- and each time thereafter. They are very pretty shades, but the payoff is "watered down" compared to the line before they dumbed the formilation down. So, yes, we get the name, the beautiful packaging, but the actual lip color is a little more than a balm It takes several swipes to get opacity, is very comfortable but slippery, transfers, and doesn't last but a four hours at most. It seem about half of the overall performance that it used to. I was sorely disappointed but felt it would be too tacky to return for a refund. I should have. Since then, although I have resisted the Tom Ford lipsticks ($53.00 seems ungodly to pay for a lipstick to my thinking) up until now, I was tempted. Bummer, Chanel!

on 3/31/2017 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was at the Chanel counter at Nordstrom a few weeks ago and one of my favorite makeup artists was there and he is now with Chanel, I told him I had been wearing Mac ravishing, which is a light peachy coral(Mac's description) I call the color shrimp because it is the same color as the pinky/peach of a fresh boiled shrimp. I asked him to pick something different, as eight years with same color, fabulous as it was, I was definitely in need of a change and boy-oh-boy is this ever a change. Santos, the makeup guru, did not tell me this was matte nor did I ask. It is very comfortable on and some days I just dab it on and then blend it with my fingers and other times I apply it full tilt and either way it looks stunning, the color is very sophisticated and I think that's due to the creamy matte texture.

on 2/10/2017 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Shade reviewed - Libre.

What I like: Absolutely gorgeous neutral nude rose on my olive NC20 colouring. I've often struggled to wear this kind of shade successfully - they're usually too peach, too brown, too light, too warm or too cool. However this is perfect on my pigmented lips. It has a touch of that 90s vibe as it's a little beige but still quite rosy keeping it flattering and pretty. The formula is also lovely - matte but edging towards satin and I get a good 4 to 5 hours wear. The packaging is typical Chanel - so elegant and luxurious. It's a wonderful pick me up lipstick.

What I don't like: Not very much. Some seem to report this formula as being drying but I don't find this to be the case. I use a heavy lip treatment every night to keep lips hydrated and in good condition.

I absolutely adore this formula and shade - and plan to buy a few more! They are not inexpensive but worth every penny to me. I think if you are a luxury lipstick fan looking for a beautiful matte nude rose then check this out. I've uploaded pics above.

on 1/24/2017 8:18:00 AM

I really can't understand all these raving reviews. I was passing chanel counter the other day when I saw these lipsticks. Both texture and color reminds me of tinted lip balm. Seriously don't let the word velvet mislead you I was expecting creamy rich intense lipstick but that wasn't the case so save your money and invest it in other brand such as Estée Lauder, Dolce gabbana, armani, oh boy their lipsticks are dreamy creamy, matte, shine, dark and light whatever you like. Now Chanel is great brand when it comes to perfumes but neither makeup nor skincare.

Update: as I said before I tried several chanel products and I was pretty disappointed. They have great range of perfumes, body creams, dusting powders and even some makeup. Now for this collection obviously the one I tried was knock off or stored badly because today I gave it another try and I was woowed buttery velvety texture but not completely matte . each color has its own statement and you can't go wrong or look trashy ..really wonderful

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 1/11/17: I got my Libre lipstick yesterday & it's everything & then some. It is similar in color to my HG Coco Allure Mademoiselle 05. Really great lipsticks. Chanel makes such good lipsticks.
---
Original review: I got my first Rouge Allure Velvet recently (Le Secrete) & ive now got Libré on order. I love this line!! It really is velvety feeling & Le Secrete is a strawberry shade very springy for spring 2017 Coco Code collex! It is limited edition. I also ended up w Code Elegants eyeshadow quad & the 4 colored Code Coco Harmonie blusher. I have Code Subtils e/s quad on order fwiw I wanted a bunch of new Chanel spring 2017 makeup (who is going to buy a transparent black coco shine?!) I'm really into MAC I spent $$$ on their makeup this month & im very happy with it all but I don't think I will buy much else from MAC except liquidlast black eyeliner is my total uber HG. & I rarely buy anymore from Sephora/ulta im letting rouge/platinum go buh-bye! Chanel (& MAC) get my money!! $275 to Chanel this month lol I got 2 quads, 2 lipsticks & a very fancy blush to show for it & 3 sample tubes 1 sample envelope. I used to think I didn't like Chanel so much but it really is my fave toss up. Chanel really feels like luxury on the lips & their colors are amazing. Lasts much longer any regular (non liquid) lipsticks I'm done w KYLIE & jeffree star they are for kids my taste has acquired a more subtle look I'll still wear what I got. But I am swearing off all MU except Chanel & MAC (& occasional dollar tree finds I mean they are 100 PENNIES $1 is 20 nickels + 6 pennies in tax cheap thrills). I love packaging who can't but help falling for the riche black packaging w the pop up spring it's so much fun to pop it up & slide it out! The label is on the bottom of the tube w the shade written on the bottom. I've never tried luxury lipsticks like TF$ but the Chanel lipsticks are theeeee best!!! (That I've tried) I've gone straight to lipstick paradise! :-)
I am and will be, rebuying I got $100 worth of MU on the way that got me a quad & 1 lipstick ;-p
#winning #sorryidigress #haveagoodday! //rant over

on 4/6/2015 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have this in #46 La Malicieuse. It is a raspberry pink shade. Normally I am not a fan of matte lipsticks, but I find that this is not overly dry, crumbly or powdery and can still feel comfortable on the lips. I wouldn't wear this if my lips were in poor condition, but then again most lipsticks look bad on poor lips regardless of the finish. I find this lasts a decent while and it does leave a stain too. Has good pigmentation and it feels like smooth velvet on the lips. Only gripe is that it does not apply perfectly as I need a few swipes as the first does not provide even application. This is a small issue though and is fixed with subsequent swipes. I also thought it would be a bit more pigmented given that it is matte but it is nothing that I am too upset about.

on 5/6/2016 11:03:00 AM

Best. Lipstick. Ever.
I own several, and I think I’m going to buy almost all of them.
The texture is incredible, it sort of smoothes and “fills” the lips surface.
It’s not drying at all, it resists for several hours without creasing, it glides on them wonderfully and I feel my lips thanking me when I use it.
After trying it I cannot go back to my other beloved (and expensive, ouch) lipsticks: nor Rouge Allure, nor Rouge Coco, nor Guerlain Rouge G, nor Dior, nor anything else :-(
And the colors are gorgeous. I like to experiment with other brands, but very, very often I go back to Chanel because they create colors like no other brands.
I buy products from other companies too, but the average quality of Chanel, for most of the products, to me at least, is unrivalled.
I usually do not write reviews of any kind, and I do not usually trust enthusiast ones, but I had to write this.
This lipstick is one of my little joys. I wear it, I’m happy, because it makes me feel beautiful and sexy, thanks to its wonderful colors and texture.
I only have to admit I’ve not tried any Mac lipstick yet, but I plan to do so in a very near future to compare :-)

I love this product, how it stands on the lips and the color. Absolutely must have!!!!