Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet
Chanel LibreChanel Libre

4.8

Isononyl Isononnanoate, Dicapryl Carbonate, Diisostearl Malate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Jojoba Esters, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Ethylhexl Palmitate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Tribehenin, Tocopheryl Acetate, PropyleneCarbonate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Alumina, Silica, Tocophrol, Palmitoyl Oligopepitde, BHT, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 12085 (Red 36), CI 15850 (Red 6), CL 15850 (Red 7 Lake)CL 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake)CL 17200 (Red 33 Lake), CL 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CL 45380 (Red 22 Lake), CL 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CL73360 (Red 30 Lake), CL 75470 (Carmine), CL 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) CL 77742 (Manganese Violet), CL 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 2/10/2017 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Shade reviewed - Libre.

What I like: Absolutely gorgeous neutral nude rose on my olive NC20 colouring. I've often struggled to wear this kind of shade successfully - they're usually too peach, too brown, too light, too warm or too cool. However this is perfect on my pigmented lips. It has a touch of that 90s vibe as it's a little beige but still quite rosy keeping it flattering and pretty. The formula is also lovely - matte but edging towards satin and I get a good 4 to 5 hours wear. The packaging is typical Chanel - so elegant and luxurious. It's a wonderful pick me up lipstick.

What I don't like: Not very much. Some seem to report this formula as being drying but I don't find this to be the case. I use a heavy lip treatment every night to keep lips hydrated and in good condition.

I absolutely adore this formula and shade - and plan to buy a few more! They are not inexpensive but worth every penny to me. I think if you are a luxury lipstick fan looking for a beautiful matte nude rose then check this out. I've uploaded pics above.

on 1/24/2017 8:18:00 AM

I really can't understand all these raving reviews. I was passing chanel counter the other day when I saw these lipsticks. Both texture and color reminds me of tinted lip balm. Seriously don't let the word velvet mislead you I was expecting creamy rich intense lipstick but that wasn't the case so save your money and invest it in other brand such as Estée Lauder, Dolce gabbana, armani, oh boy their lipsticks are dreamy creamy, matte, shine, dark and light whatever you like. Now Chanel is great brand when it comes to perfumes but neither makeup nor skincare.

Update: as I said before I tried several chanel products and I was pretty disappointed. They have great range of perfumes, body creams, dusting powders and even some makeup. Now for this collection obviously the one I tried was knock off or stored badly because today I gave it another try and I was woowed buttery velvety texture but not completely matte . each color has its own statement and you can't go wrong or look trashy ..really wonderful

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 1/11/17: I got my Libre lipstick yesterday & it's everything & then some. It is similar in color to my HG Coco Allure Mademoiselle 05. Really great lipsticks. Chanel makes such good lipsticks.
---
Original review: I got my first Rouge Allure Velvet recently (Le Secrete) & ive now got Libré on order. I love this line!! It really is velvety feeling & Le Secrete is a strawberry shade very springy for spring 2017 Coco Code collex! It is limited edition. I also ended up w Code Elegants eyeshadow quad & the 4 colored Code Coco Harmonie blusher. I have Code Subtils e/s quad on order fwiw I wanted a bunch of new Chanel spring 2017 makeup (who is going to buy a transparent black coco shine?!) I'm really into MAC I spent $$$ on their makeup this month & im very happy with it all but I don't think I will buy much else from MAC except liquidlast black eyeliner is my total uber HG. & I rarely buy anymore from Sephora/ulta im letting rouge/platinum go buh-bye! Chanel (& MAC) get my money!! $275 to Chanel this month lol I got 2 quads, 2 lipsticks & a very fancy blush to show for it & 3 sample tubes 1 sample envelope. I used to think I didn't like Chanel so much but it really is my fave toss up. Chanel really feels like luxury on the lips & their colors are amazing. Lasts much longer any regular (non liquid) lipsticks I'm done w KYLIE & jeffree star they are for kids my taste has acquired a more subtle look I'll still wear what I got. But I am swearing off all MU except Chanel & MAC (& occasional dollar tree finds I mean they are 100 PENNIES $1 is 20 nickels + 6 pennies in tax cheap thrills). I love packaging who can't but help falling for the riche black packaging w the pop up spring it's so much fun to pop it up & slide it out! The label is on the bottom of the tube w the shade written on the bottom. I've never tried luxury lipsticks like TF$ but the Chanel lipsticks are theeeee best!!! (That I've tried) I've gone straight to lipstick paradise! :-)
I am and will be, rebuying I got $100 worth of MU on the way that got me a quad & 1 lipstick ;-p
#winning #sorryidigress #haveagoodday! //rant over

on 5/6/2016 11:03:00 AM

Best. Lipstick. Ever.
I own several, and I think I’m going to buy almost all of them.
The texture is incredible, it sort of smoothes and “fills” the lips surface.
It’s not drying at all, it resists for several hours without creasing, it glides on them wonderfully and I feel my lips thanking me when I use it.
After trying it I cannot go back to my other beloved (and expensive, ouch) lipsticks: nor Rouge Allure, nor Rouge Coco, nor Guerlain Rouge G, nor Dior, nor anything else :-(
And the colors are gorgeous. I like to experiment with other brands, but very, very often I go back to Chanel because they create colors like no other brands.
I buy products from other companies too, but the average quality of Chanel, for most of the products, to me at least, is unrivalled.
I usually do not write reviews of any kind, and I do not usually trust enthusiast ones, but I had to write this.
This lipstick is one of my little joys. I wear it, I’m happy, because it makes me feel beautiful and sexy, thanks to its wonderful colors and texture.
I only have to admit I’ve not tried any Mac lipstick yet, but I plan to do so in a very near future to compare :-)

I love this product, how it stands on the lips and the color. Absolutely must have!!!!

on 4/6/2015 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have this in #46 La Malicieuse. It is a raspberry pink shade. Normally I am not a fan of matte lipsticks, but I find that this is not overly dry, crumbly or powdery and can still feel comfortable on the lips. I wouldn't wear this if my lips were in poor condition, but then again most lipsticks look bad on poor lips regardless of the finish. I find this lasts a decent while and it does leave a stain too. Has good pigmentation and it feels like smooth velvet on the lips. Only gripe is that it does not apply perfectly as I need a few swipes as the first does not provide even application. This is a small issue though and is fixed with subsequent swipes. I also thought it would be a bit more pigmented given that it is matte but it is nothing that I am too upset about.

on 1/15/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought my first Rouge Velvet yesterday, the limited edition #49 from the Spring 2015 collection. It's a coral red pink, this punched up colour that I could only achieve by mixing a few lippies in the past. The texture honestly is insane! Nothing else (YSL, Tom Ford, Dior, NARS, MUFE) has this finish. It stays forever. Even the price isn't bad compared to how much I spend on Tom Ford lipsticks. I will try a other colour in the Summer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hands down the best lipstick I have ever used, and worth the $40 Cdn. I have Rouge Allure Velvet in the new colour for spring 2015, #50 Romanesque. It's a bold fuschia. It's gorgeous, gives me such lovely colour and what a gorgeous compliment to my pale skin and blue eyes.

But aside from the glorious colour, it's the feel of this velvety lipstick that has me swooning. It glides on like butter - but without any shine or goopiness. And it lasts a long time. No need to constantly reapply. I've been wearing the lipstick for five hours now, running around town. My lips feel perfectly soothed and wonderful - no dryness, just that gorgeous colour.

I will repurchase for SURE. Now what am I going to do with the rest of my lipstick stash? I have lipsticks from nearly every brand - and none of them compare to this, my lovely and extraordinary Rouge Allure Velvet.

on 12/30/2014 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

It's my first Chanel lipstick, I basically wanted to know the fuss about it.
I bought a limited edition - La Flamboyante (337), a red with pink tone on the tube, but actually more of orangey tone on my lips, which I'm happy with.

The lipstick glides on smoothly, color pigment is quite good, semi matte, a bit moisturizing still. Packaging is classy and very ladylike.
For me, YSL Rouge Pur Couture has better color payoff than this one.

It's going to be an easy go-to lipstick, but since I have tried quite a lot of brand of red lipstick, I should say Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet is on not my Top 5.
With cheaper price, NARS is way more pigmented and stay put without over drying.
It's still a really good lipstick but I won't buy more of this for sure.

on 11/13/2014 2:31:00 PM

I can't help but to keep purchasing these lipsticks they are so moisturizing and the colors are beautiful