New York Color Show Time Volumizing Waterproof

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara does nothing for my lashes it just makes them more black so if you dont want anything done to your lashes and you just want to make them black then buy this but if your looking for a good mascara dont even look at it!

on 1/20/2016 11:21:00 AM

I like how the product created the illusion I have more lashes than I do. It darkened my brown lashes just to be enhanced which I prefer for daytime makeup. However, as the day progressed I noticed colour transfer under my eyes (smudging) even though the product was applied on my top lashes. It's a nice product for a few hours, but for all day wear---no!

To Read all 25 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/13/2015 5:36:00 PM

I personally like this product. I bought it while on a budget and I dont regret it. I'm currently still using it and it's been almost 5 months. There are several things I noticed about this product but I'm only going to tell you 2. The first is that it is indeed waterproof! I've been to the beach and laughed so hard I started tearing up and this product didn't run! The second thing is, it is a weak product. It separates lashes well and darkens them, but it doesn't reach the tip. For individuals who want dramatic eyes, this isn't for you. If you are looking for a natural look, it is totally for you!

- cheap! Spend around $2-3
- indeed waterproof! Will become one with your lashes
- Simple and easy packaging
- Brush does separate the lashes MOST of them time. Sometimes it clumps
- Can last you a while unless you you constantly reply during the day
- best for a natural look
- does not irritate eyes when I wash it off

- Does not give a dramatic look at all
- looks almost too natural (people in the past thought I dont wear mascara when I was)

I wouldn't buy this mascara again only because people in the past thought my lashes were naturally this way when I was in fact wearing something. I'd have to apply many coats just to make my eyes pop. I know there are other drugstore mascaras for $3-5 more that will give off a better look; so I will try others.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is some really weak stuff. Sincerely spend a couple more dollars for something that will give you volume. This is something you would give your tween sister when she felt like dressing up for a [insert any disney channel like boyband] concert. It coats the lashes, sure but there's no volume and no length. The contrast of before and after is embarrassingly the same virtually. This is a dud mascara. Opt for anything else.

on 3/13/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am a 51 year old female, who is very experienced with waterproof mascara, high end and low end. Girls!!!!! Do not buy this product!!! It is Horrible!!!! If you want an inexpensive, Great, long lasting,stayed curled with ur curler, waterproof mascara, Buy Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof for $4.44 for .43 oz. This stuff was $3.99 for .27oz at CVS and totally does not work!!!!!
I bought this just to test it as my niece wanted it n is inexperienced.
This mascara is a rip off! I curled my lashes applied one coat, curled my lashes, applied a heavy second coat, still no volume but a pretty subtle look.
5 minutes later, Lol, I lightly cried to a love song lol and I ran to the mirror, I barely cried, My lashes were straight as can be and it looked as tho I had applied nothing!
Please trust me, if ur a young girl, on a tight budget, Please buy the Maybelline at $4.44! I have used it over the years, since I was 13 years old!

on 9/30/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I liked the wand, slim enough to reach everything. It didn't smudge and was very black but just couldn't hold a curl, even after an hour.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this I was getting ready and noticed my other mascara was completely used up. Got it for around $2. I would say this is waterproof as I've worn it in 100 degree 98% humidity without it budging. It is also difficult to remove at the end of the night (not a bad thing). I did tap at my eyes the other day after tearing up at a movie, with a tissue and realized that I left a small smudge at the outer corner of my eye once. But that is the only time I had a smudge, I might have rubbed/touched harder than I thought I did. The only con I have with this mascara is that I didn't find it volumizing in the least. It made my lashes look darker and it was waterproof, but my lashes didn't look any fuller or volumized at all. Once I use it up, I plan on trying more mascaras since I haven't tried many (I found one I liked and stuck with it forever and now I'm trying to branch out more). But I'm not going to say I'll never buy it again. It was a pretty good cheap mascara.

on 5/6/2014 8:47:00 PM

It's good. It's not the most volumizing mascara, but for $3 dollars, c'mon!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Waterproof? Yes. I was out 6 hours in the brutal Florida weather (almost 90 deg) and this mascara didn't budge, smudge or leave my eyelashes with a crispy feel. When I removed my makeup it took some effort to get it off which is a good sign for me. Volumize? Oh dear me, no, my lashes just looked like they always did but slightly enhanced, even with 2 coats on. The price was decent- under $5 at CVS and being it was on sale that week, it cost even less. Would I buy this again? Probably not. Since I don't believe in wasting anything, I'll use it for everyday, but not anything special occasion.

on 1/4/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I loved CG's Marathon mascara. Ever since they discontinued it, I have been looking for a replacement mascara that is truly water - and smear- proof. This product does a good job of being waterproof. My eyes can tear up without any mascara running. However, rub your eye and you will have a big, black smudge under your eye. It also doesn't add much volume, but that doesn't really bother me. I buy the product for its waterproof ability, not for its volumizing ability. It does wash off quite easily. Waterproof? Yes. Smudgeproof? No. Volumizing? No. Still, it's the closest thing I found to my beloved discontinued Marathon mascara, so I'll buy again.

Popular Mascaras