Tarte Smooth Operator - Amazonian clay waterproof concealer

3.5

Squalane, polyethylene, kaolin, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, polyethylene/ dimethiconol copolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/ candelilla cera/ cire de candelilla, water/ aqua/ eau, silica, lecithin, glycerin, cholesteryl/ behenyl/ octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, silica dimethyl silylate, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, butylene glycol, sodium hyaluronate, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, phenoxyethanol, mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI 77499), ultramarines (CI 77007), chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289).

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this concealer! This works better than any that I've tried in the past. It covers what I need it too and any creasing is minimal. The packaging is so sleek and mess free. I love that I don't have to use my fingers or a brush to apply from the stick.

Its actually creasing 5 sec after i applied and it doesn't cover up my dark circle very well. But i love the packaging its kinda cute hm

I have to say I'm really surprised by the amount of negative reviews for this product. The tube I have is pretty old, so maybe they've changed their formula? Anyway, I like this. I began using it after a friend gave it to me, and it quickly replaced the Full Cover concealer I'd been using from Make up for ever. I find it stays better over spots that I want to correct, since my skin is oily, without starkly standing out from the foundation I've applied underneath. I use this with tarte's amazonian clay powder foundation, and I find that they work well together. Since I'm still young I don't really have lines that it would settle into, but I do have large pores which I've never had a problem with it settling over. That being said, this concealer is absolutely awful for underneath the eyes/dark circles. Not only does it crease like crazy, instantly after you put it there, but it for some reason does not look good with my complexion and almost makes me look more tired than before I applied it. In that regard, I miss using MUFE's full cover. However, I'm still mostly happy with this product and while it isn't perfect, it definitely suits the understated, natural makeup look that I'm usually going for.

I bought this because I was frustrated with shape tape always being out of stock and I would be darned if I walked out of Ulta without a concealer that day. I liked the old Amazonian clay concealer (now discontinued, it came in a squeeze tube and was thick and tough to work with as heck but man it could cover) so I thought by default.....maybe I would like this. I could tell by the packaging---it feels like a flimsy little thing....--- that this was probably going to be a miss but I was desperate.

Let's start with the pros....
I like the colors. Very yellowy, good for my skin tone. I hate pink undertoned concealer.....we want to get rid of our redness not add to it.
I chose the shade light medium and it's perfect for me, wouldn't change a thing about it.

And now the cons!!
This is such a mediocre concealer. Reminds me of drugstore. In fact I think I have used a maybelline concealer I have liked better.
It's not full coverage. I can appreciate the less heavy, more moisturizing, concealers on the market, but cmon! I have spots of redness and I want it covered please! Why make a concealer if it doesn't cover well? I'm not using it to cake my face, I don't need it to be light and creamy.....that's what foundation is for. I think since a lot of us are using lighter concealers in our highlighting and contouring routine, companies are getting away from cakey concealers and that's fine but right now I feel like there's very few Holy grail worthy full coverage concealers on the market. Frustration!!
Not to add insult to injury and further add to my ire, but I'm not a fan of the packaging, it feels flimsy and the twist tube is hard to pull off sometimes.

I will not be buying this again. Not what I'm looking for.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This has been a terrible experience. it makes my pores look massive, looks all oily and creases like crazy, lasts about 2 seconds, does not blend well and just comes off so easily. like, i lightly graze my face and i look at my finger and it has all transferred... What a joke.
And the marketing for this is ridiculous, Amazonian Clay? Are we back in the good ol' times and fawning over the erotification of the tropical, exotic and sexy brown women of South America? Blerk. Puh-Lease...

first when i tried this i was impressed, (i bought an orange tone so it covers up my dark circles)
PROS:
- it covers everything
- i prefer concealers on stick so if you do this is a pro
- good packaging

CONS
-it´s expensive
- it creases like fu*k
- it´s a little bit thick

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This concealer was a good color for me, slightly orange so that it covered my bluish circles. I applied it as I usually would any concealer, making sure to blend it into my foundation so that the orange tint fit in seamlessly. I then applied my usual powder to set it in place. While i was doing my mascara, something strange must have happened, because when I next looked in the mirror, the concealer that I applied not five minutes before had totally creased! It filled every line under my eyes like it was cement. Not funny! I tried several potential remedies all to no avail. I had no choice but to remove my makeup, from my eyes on down, and start completely over. What a waste of time and money! This concealer is an epic FAIL! I don't know how anyone could possibly rate it higher than two lippies. It's going back to Ulta tomorrow. It has to be the WORST concealer I've ever used. I definitely do no recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very dry sensitive skin and found this to be one of the worst concealers I've ever used. The product contains a lot of wax and oils and melts off after a short while. No amount of primer or finishing powder could every make the concealer stay put for me. I also had a hard time with the colour-matching. I'm a MAC NC 20 and found the closest colour match was "Fair", which was still too light and a bit pink. I pitched out the concealer after giving it many tries. Won't be purchasing ever again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm very oily and acne ridden, and while this covered well, it wouldn't stay on my face! Even with primer and setting spray, this stuff slid and creased all over the place. REALLY disappointed after seeing so many great reviews.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Let me start by saying that I love tarte products. I just don't love this concealer. I'm NC20 and got the light shade. It was a shade too light to cover any imperfections on my face. The other colors, however, were either too pink or too dark. (Light Medium Honey, Light Medium Beige, Medium). Basically, none of the shades really matched me. On top of that, the concealer didn't last very long on my combination skin. I just think for $22, it should cover more and last longer. Probably works best to cover under eye circles and not blemishes. I returned this the next day.