Lancome Galatéis Douceur

Lancome Galatéis Douceur

4.3

on 5/3/2016 8:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my Holy Grail Cream Cleanser, my skin is tempermental and can go to from oily to dry as a bone. This is the only cleanser that doesn't strip my skin of it's oils and my sensitive skin sore and tight. You're getting a lot of product for your money and it lasts ages.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I switched to this about six weeks ago after having received some samples of this and the Tonique Douceur when I purchased the Renergie cream. I have since bought a big bottle of each. I have never believed in using all the same products from a line, and I still don't, so this is just a happy coincidence for Lancome that I like them all. I also don't believe you need to spend a lot of money for something to get your make-up off, but this does a great job and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It feels soothing and rinses away cleanly, leaving no residue and my skin feels soft. I remove it with a warm face cloth. I've used so many different cleansers. I was most recently using Bioderma Crealine Lait and while it was ok, the Lancome makes my skin feel like it's soft from the inside. The Bioderma and so many cleansing milks I've tried sort of make the top layer feel ok.... but it's just not the same feeling. This one has impressed me and I'll keep using it. I haven't attempted to remove eye make-up with it... I believe eye make-up removers were created for a reason - use them.

To Read all 16 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/17/2016 5:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received a 50 ml sample of this as a free gift with purchase. I'm generally not a big fan of Lancome skin care products, but I was pleasantly surprised. My under eye area is extremely sensitive after a severe allergic reaction to a Body Shop product about 6 months ago. It reacts and becomes red when I use makeup removers, so I now normally only use warm water to remove my eye makeup.

After receiving this, I've used it after I've removed my eye makeup with warm water. I get a small allergic reaction under one eye, but it calms itself down as soon as I wash it off. I find that it does a really good job removing makeup. It probably won't remove waterproof mascara and heavy makeup though. It feels moisturising and quite nice on the skin. I tend to not leave it on the skin though; I wash it off with my Kiehl's cleanser.

I will use it up but I won't buy the full bottle. Obviously, a product that causes redness won't be part of my everyday collection. It is a really nice product though. I just wish they would remove the perfume from it.

on 4/2/2016 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this everyday. After removing my make up with a cleansing oil I use this just the remove any left over make up and follow up with the lancome toner. It's great for my oily skin and doesn't break me out. Leave my skin feeling hydrated but not oily of greasy.

on 6/1/2015 8:22:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I received this and the toner in good sample sizes. I use this a step 1 cleanser prior to my foaming cleanser, and then the matching tonique douceur.

I like the feel of this on my face, and have not had any negative reactions.
Removes sunscreen and face makeup well. My mascara hardly budges though. I like this enough that I will finish it, it could even be a rebuy if there weren't some better products out there at a lower price.

on 11/2/2014 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I received a 50ml sample of this when purchasing some Lancome make up. I'vet been using a make up wipe and then Lancome Galateis Douceur, followed by La Roche Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel, Lancome Tonique Douceur toner and then my moisturiser and eye cream. I realise this sounds like a lengthy routine but I use Double Wear Light foundation which is a pain to properly remove! I find that even when I miss out washing my face with the La Roche Posay gel, my skin is still thoroughly cleansed by the Lancome cleanser.

I have incredibly oily skin which is actually caused by it being dehydrated. This cleanser is light and leaves my skin feeling hydrated, soft and glowing but without any greasiness. It has a very slight scent but this doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The strong fragrance in Lancome serums and moisturisers makes me break out with those horribly painful under-the-skin spots. In fact, this happens with lots of products and I was pleasantly surprised when my skins behaved after four weeks of using this cleanser!

My sample is coming to an end after four weeks of use so today I bought a full size one. At 22 for 200ml i do think it's overpriced but I did still (begrudgingly) hand over my money! I'm expecting the 200ml to last well over 3 months.

This has become my daily cleanser which I use twice a day. Wipes off any excess makeup which my makeup remover didn't pick up, leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean. Has a lovely smell too and never fails to wipe off any excess dirt on my skin. Only down-side is that you can't see how much is left as the bottle is white. Very handy that it's tissue off (can use a cotton pad) and don't need to wash off, makes it easier to use when in a rush.

on 4/7/2013 9:22:00 AM

An incredibly disappointing product. I found that when I remove the product with a cotton make up removal pad as directed, it doesn't even remove my tinted moisturizer properly, let alone my foundation. It's slightly more effective when rinsed off with water, however I definitely will not be purchasing this product again.

on 3/26/2013 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My favorite cleansing lotion! I don't use this every day, only on days that I wear BB cream, TM or foundation. Works like a charm! Cleans very well, doesn't dry the skin but also isn't too greasy. Highly recommended!

on 3/18/2013 7:30:00 AM

I visited the Lancome counter at Myer as I was looking for a new skin care routine. I enjoyed my previous purchases but couldn't justify forking out for my beloved Chanel again. I've tried all of the following over the years: Estee Lauder, Clinique, Shiseido, Chanel as well as a number of lower end brands and nothing has made my skin feel like this one.
Pros:
Fluid that smoothes on well and doesn't leave that astringent feeling to the skin (I'm looking at you Clinique)
Wipes off easily with a tissue
My skin feels soft and smooth after use and I don't feel any greasy residue left behind.
Light pleasant fragrance
Removes make up from the skin (I usually cleanse twice to remove a full face of make up and still use a separate eye make up remover)

Cons:
More expensive than drugstore brands and some higher end brands, but nowhere near the most expensive