Trader Joe's Tea tree oil facial cleansing wipes

4.3

on 10/1/2017 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

What a steal! These little guys are so multipurpose. The ingredient list is super clean/natural and I don't feel bad about using them to freshen up my chest/back after a sweaty gym session. The smell is very "spa like", if you will, but also somewhat herbal and medicinal - and this dissipates. These take a while to dry, and sometimes I don't wait and continue to apply serums but most of the time I have to wait until it dries. They're cheap, just abrasive enough to get extra gunk/oil off your face that you may have missed, and when they dry out I use them to get dead skin off of my lips (a little bit easier than lip scrubs). Overall I will most definitely repurchase - my oily/combo skin loves the freshness these give! And for less than $5 is the cherry on top.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I use this after my shower and follow with argan oil! My skin is baby soft.

on 5/7/2014 2:28:00 AM

These are so good. Every toner I try on my skin (alcohol or no alcohol) leaves my face less attractive than before I used it. I've tried them all. I have mature-ish skin but still need to fight oil and breakouts. This is a do it all brilliant cleanser/beautifier. It will dry out skin if used too frequently but every other day is fine. I love these so much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

HG acne product. Will repurchase forever. I have had acne for 19 years. Have used every possible prescription medicine for it: retin-A and all its siblings, clindamycin, minocycline, azelex, aczone, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, birth control pills. Had varied success with all of these, but would always have at least 1-2 active pimples (and these were always inflammatory.) Started using these pads after washing my face morning and night, but I don't rinse them off. The fabric is rough, so I don't scrub, just sweep lightly. I have had not one pimple in that whole month, and I had even quit the retin-A, aczone and clindamycin. Now I'm just using the Trader Joe's pads and benzoyl peroxide and AHA and BHA, and might even try dropping the BPO (like the skin-smoothing effects of the acids too much to drop those.). Not a single pimple. Not one. I have beautiful perfect skin, and all for just $4 a jar, which lasts me 25 days. Did I mention I have not had a single pimple?

A friend brought me a jar of these after her and I were discussing the frequent breakouts of acne I have on my chin. I've been battling with acne my whole adult life and have not found anything other than antibiotics that keeps it in check until now. The jar comes with 50 pads and costs about $4 which is CHEAP. They smell pretty bad, but once your skin dries you can't smell it anymore and since my face has cleared up 100% I really could care less what it smells like. I am assuming the strong smell is the tea tree oil, which is also what has healed my skin, so again I am not bothered by the scent. The first time I used the cleansing pads, I noticed how clean my face felt and I could literally wipe blackheads off my face. The acne I had battled for so long was cleared up in about two weeks and even though I get the occasional zit right before my period, the condition of my skin since using these is like night and day compared to before. My skin is healthy and glowing and for once in my life I feel proud of it. Everytime I see this friend of mine, I thank her. I'm interested in trying some of the other TJ spa products since this one has worked so well for me.

Amazing product!!! I've had acne since I was 11 years old and I've tried every medication out there but accutane, as well as so many over the counter products. This is by far the most effective product I have ever found. It's cleared up my skin!!! I've not had skin this clear since I was 10! Whoever says this product isn't good probably doesn't have very oily very acne prone skin. I don't think people with dry and sensitive skin should use this too much - maybe once in a while but not daily. For people with a lot of acne and with oily skin, this product is heaven sent. Check it out!

on 7/25/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Update: Other things these are awesome for:

*Wiping your back/chest after a workout (when you don't have a shower right there at your gym and have to head home a bit sweaty - but fear odor and acne)
*Wiping your underarms throughout the day (I wear natural deodorant and sometimes when it's especially hot, I swipe one on and then reapply my deo)
*Cleaning your feet to help avoid foot odor (I wipe these between my toes before bed) *Wiping behind neck and ears (those spots that we don't always scrub "enough"...these things clean those up in a jiffy)

Original Review: These little pads saved my skin from a War of the Worlds-style attack on my face after I went off the pill after 15 years. I've never suffered from wild random bumps and little pimples until I discontinued BCP.

One thing worth mentioning is how I use them: I do not rinse afterwards.
So, night time routine I use two after cleansing and before treatment products, and morning I use two after my shower before makeup. Another thing I like is that these pads seem to provide a smooth surface for makeup application.

I also fly a lot for work and feel like these pads are a great pre-landing freshen up step. They feel pretty good, too. I don't have a problem with burning, it's more of a pleasant tingle.

Another worthy note: I'm about 99% natural, organic with my skin and makeup products now due to a sensitivity to synthetic ingredients. These do not seem to irritate me at all.

And hello, they're like 4 bucks! I buy two and put them in one container for travel and one on my nightstand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Bought these after browsing my local TJ store. I am a fan of tea tree oil, and thought this might work as a good toner.

These pads are really great. They remove all of the left over dirt and grime my cleanser didn't, and they leave my face feeling refreshed. I also like how the pads provide a little exfoliation, and oil control to my T zone.

I usually wash my face and then use a pad to provide extra cleansing. I let dry for about 30-45 min and then rinse with cool water. I sometimes skip the rinsing part, just depends on my mood. I do not use everyday, just when I feel I need to tone, or want to feel extra clean.

I will warn that they smell very strong, and can sting your nose and eyes. The tea tree oil tingles the skin, not burn, just a strong tingle, but you get used to it.

I think the price point is good. You get a fair amt of pads for the price. Very good value.

These are great for me to use in the summer b/c of my super oily skin, but don't know if I will use in the winter. I feel they may make my winter dry skin worse, I will have to experiment.

Overall these are a worth a try.

on 1/11/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have mixed feelings about this product. It works wonderfully for my significant other, who is outside all day sweating and being active at work. However, for me it seems mediocore. It can be really astringent if used several days in a row yet at the same time...it gives me blackheads! How is that possible?

on 10/19/2013 11:20:00 PM

This is fantastic product, especially considering the low price. It made a HUGE impact on my acne after only two uses. I use them as a toner after I've washed my face and I DO NOT RINSE afterwards. I then wait a good 10-15 minutes before applying moisturizer. So far my face looks and feels great!

The reason I'm giving it a 4 out of 5 is that this product gives off very strong fumes. It makes my eyes and nose water like crazy for a few seconds. It's temporary and not too terrible, but it was a unpleasant surprise the first time I used it.

Eve with the weird eye-burning and nose-running, I'd definitely recommend this product.