Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment

Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment

4.2

Petrolatum; Polybutene; Polydecene; Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2; Octyldodecanol; Microcrystalline Wax; Tocopheryl Acetate; Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate; Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extra; Cholesterol; Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract; Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract; Squalene; Linoleic Acid; Tetinyl Palmitate; Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract; Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate; Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate; Betula Alba (Birch) Extract; Hexylene Glycol; Potassium Sulfate; Caprylyl Glycol; Phenoxyethanol; Red 7 Lake; Yellow 5 Lake

on 11/6/2016 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great product for people with dry chapped lips, however i feel its something you use over night as its a bit sticky and also it transfers a lot. The price of the product is also a bit high for the small tube. The tube application makes it hygienic as i don't have to dip my fingers into it neither it has a wand which is great as i dont need to dip it in the product and put it on my lips and go back and forth with it eventually contaminating the product
I use it at night before i go to sleep and this helps the product to repair my lips overnight. When i use it during the day i find it very inconvenient for the following reasons
1) It looks like a gloss, i personally dont like the shiny glossy look
2) The product transfers a lot and so after a mean i am left with no product on my lips and so have to reapply
3) My hair sticks to my lips just like it does when i apply lip gloss

Overall i feel the product is great, it repairs and moisturises my dry and chapped lips but its something i would use as an overnight treatment

Nourishing, hydrating and protecting for my dry, chap-prone lips. Thick and satisfying.

The best balm I've used in a long time.

I use it before bed or sometime during the day if the old mouth is particularly chappy.

Pricey, but it lasts a while.

on 1/23/2016 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is amazing! I find it at Nordstroms or Neimans. Sephora and Macy's only have color ones....not clear. Smells good, almost nothing really. Lasts pretty good too...fades at a nice pace. $16....little goes a long way though. Great for summer mos to leave in car....unlike ChapStick's that'll melt...this is super!

on 11/2/2015 4:30:00 AM

It's ok, but nothing great. I bought this as I couldn't find my usual product (Biotherm beurre de levres/ lip butter). Superbalm is clear, thick and quite sticky - like sticky Vaseline. It leaves the lips shiny. It is reasonably effective on my easily-chapped lips, but not as effective as the Biotherm. Also, the price is just ridiculous: the cardboard packaging is very deceiving, the tiny plastic tube inside contains only 7ml or product! (Biotherm, which is also cheaper, has 13 ml - almost double the amount). So no, I won't buy this again.

on 10/6/2015 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ran out of my discontinued favourite healing-balm treatment, and tried sooooo many lip treatments, trying to find anything similar. Most of the time, the things I've tried have not been moisturizing enough - good enough if your lips are already in good condition, but not if they're chapped. This actually treats chapped lips effectively! It's a thick, slightly fatty-sticky balm, with no colour. This allows it to stay on the lips for a long time - perfect for those busy people that have no time to reapply every hour. It heals my lips fast, and has no colour or perfumes. The finish of this is glossy, which a man might not like.

Amazing product! I will never buy another chapstick/lip treatment again. This is the ONLY product that will penetrate the surface of my lips and leave them feeling silky smooth. All of the other products I have used (chapstick, nivea, burts bees, vaseline....) sit on the surface of my lips and sometimes leave them feeling even drier. With one application of clinique superbalm, I can feel a different in the moisture and texture of my lips. I like to exfoliate my lips with my damp toothbrush and apply superbalm at night. In the morning, my lips feel soft and moisturized. I also wear a lot of lipstick and this product really helps the color go on smooth with no dry patches. Since this is a balm, the texture is quite thick and you can feel it on the surface of your lips but it's not sticky. If you feel like you've tried a ton of lip products but still have dry/chapped lips, you NEED to go out and buy this stuff. At $15 for a teeny tube, it's expensive, but it is so worth it! I have gone through over 4 tubes and will continue to repurchase it on a regular basis.

on 8/21/2014 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This has to be the thickest "liquid" lip balm ever. It melts on your lips though and goes glossy. No smell, no taste, and I have had cracked, peeling lips for 9 years!! and for the first time they are actually soft and beginning to repair themselves. I have been using this for about 3 days, and I apply once a day. And I have noticed it actually plumps up your lips making them slightly bigger/juicier, very nice! Shame about the price though because i feel like I'm slightly scared to use it because you're eating/drinking during the day it's going to come off and I don't want to reapply 5 times a day! It's too expensive for that

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had purchased 3 tints in these (Curarnt, Raspberry, and Black Honey). I purchased them because I wanted ease of application i.e. apply without a mirror. It is a nice consistency - not too sticky. It feels very pleasant on the lips and keeps my lips hydrated. The colours Currant and Raspberry are my favourite while Black Honey looked awful (the lipstick version is much better).

on 12/30/2013 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Superbalm is an overpriced petroleum jelly (Vaseline). It has all the strengths you would find in a petroleum jelly product, such as a bit of moisture and a shiny look. There is nothing extra that makes it worth the price. It's nothing special and I wouldn't recommend it.

I loved this stuff at first - it's a little glossier than a balm, and I really liked that. But I found that after using it daily for a month or so it started drying my lips out to the point that I stopped using it. Meanwhile, thinking I'd found my HG daily balm, I'd bought some dupes. Boo boooo... :(