CLINIQUE Superbalm Lip Treatment

CLINIQUE Superbalm Lip Treatment

4.2

Petrolatum; Polybutene; Polydecene; Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2; Octyldodecanol; Microcrystalline Wax; Tocopheryl Acetate; Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate; Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extra; Cholesterol; Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract; Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract; Squalene; Linoleic Acid; Tetinyl Palmitate; Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract; Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate; Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate; Betula Alba (Birch) Extract; Hexylene Glycol; Potassium Sulfate; Caprylyl Glycol; Phenoxyethanol; Red 7 Lake; Yellow 5 Lake

on 2/16/2019 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have extremely dry and chapped lips that bleed very easily. I’ve tried everything.
There are three things that help me to keep my lips healthy:
- Clinique Repairwear (the silver stick, definitely not this green tube!))
- Biotherm Beurre de Levres
- And good old Vaseline, especially the Lip therapy with aloe vera and this pink version.
I have been using these three products for a year now and my lips look and feel fabulous.

This superbalm is very sticky, I don’t like it at all. It doesn’t repair my lips when they are chapped and it doesn’t prevent them from cracking. The silver Repairwear is WAY better.

I was hesitant to spend so much on what is essentially a lip balm, but unlike other balms this absorbs quickly and hydrates deeply without leaving a slick or oily film on my lips. I feel that my lips have gotten smoother after using this for a couple of weeks. It is a great primer under lip color, and particularly helps mattes glide on more easily. I don't think it prolongs wear, but it doesn't seem to make lip color wear off more quickly either. It does provide a smooth, moisturized surface for you lip color.

on 6/16/2018 2:18:00 PM

I wasn't particularly fond of this lip balm Bc I found it a bit too gooey & sticky & it was expensive & I bought this along with something else just to get the free bonus gift only! It's fragrance free which I appreciate but it was a bit too tacky for me! It does moisturize well for the coldest of winters!

on 1/27/2017 1:04:00 PM

Three words and trust me: Great, Great, Great. I had super dry chopped bleeding lips and this have done a miracle within one hour only.

on 11/6/2016 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great product for people with dry chapped lips, however i feel its something you use over night as its a bit sticky and also it transfers a lot. The price of the product is also a bit high for the small tube. The tube application makes it hygienic as i don't have to dip my fingers into it neither it has a wand which is great as i dont need to dip it in the product and put it on my lips and go back and forth with it eventually contaminating the product
I use it at night before i go to sleep and this helps the product to repair my lips overnight. When i use it during the day i find it very inconvenient for the following reasons
1) It looks like a gloss, i personally dont like the shiny glossy look
2) The product transfers a lot and so after a mean i am left with no product on my lips and so have to reapply
3) My hair sticks to my lips just like it does when i apply lip gloss

Overall i feel the product is great, it repairs and moisturises my dry and chapped lips but its something i would use as an overnight treatment

Nourishing, hydrating and protecting for my dry, chap-prone lips. Thick and satisfying.

The best balm I've used in a long time.

I use it before bed or sometime during the day if the old mouth is particularly chappy.

Pricey, but it lasts a while.

on 1/23/2016 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is amazing! I find it at Nordstroms or Neimans. Sephora and Macy's only have color ones....not clear. Smells good, almost nothing really. Lasts pretty good too...fades at a nice pace. $16....little goes a long way though. Great for summer mos to leave in car....unlike ChapStick's that'll melt...this is super!

on 11/2/2015 4:30:00 AM

It's ok, but nothing great. I bought this as I couldn't find my usual product (Biotherm beurre de levres/ lip butter). Superbalm is clear, thick and quite sticky - like sticky Vaseline. It leaves the lips shiny. It is reasonably effective on my easily-chapped lips, but not as effective as the Biotherm. Also, the price is just ridiculous: the cardboard packaging is very deceiving, the tiny plastic tube inside contains only 7ml or product! (Biotherm, which is also cheaper, has 13 ml - almost double the amount). So no, I won't buy this again.

on 10/6/2015 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ran out of my discontinued favourite healing-balm treatment, and tried sooooo many lip treatments, trying to find anything similar. Most of the time, the things I've tried have not been moisturizing enough - good enough if your lips are already in good condition, but not if they're chapped. This actually treats chapped lips effectively! It's a thick, slightly fatty-sticky balm, with no colour. This allows it to stay on the lips for a long time - perfect for those busy people that have no time to reapply every hour. It heals my lips fast, and has no colour or perfumes. The finish of this is glossy, which a man might not like.

Amazing product! I will never buy another chapstick/lip treatment again. This is the ONLY product that will penetrate the surface of my lips and leave them feeling silky smooth. All of the other products I have used (chapstick, nivea, burts bees, vaseline....) sit on the surface of my lips and sometimes leave them feeling even drier. With one application of clinique superbalm, I can feel a different in the moisture and texture of my lips. I like to exfoliate my lips with my damp toothbrush and apply superbalm at night. In the morning, my lips feel soft and moisturized. I also wear a lot of lipstick and this product really helps the color go on smooth with no dry patches. Since this is a balm, the texture is quite thick and you can feel it on the surface of your lips but it's not sticky. If you feel like you've tried a ton of lip products but still have dry/chapped lips, you NEED to go out and buy this stuff. At $15 for a teeny tube, it's expensive, but it is so worth it! I have gone through over 4 tubes and will continue to repurchase it on a regular basis.

Top Rated Lip Treatments