Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

3.4

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sodium Chloride, Stearoyl Inulin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethiconol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethoxycaprylylsilane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

on 3/5/2017 11:49:00 AM

For the price, I cannot complain about this product. In terms of longevity I cannot really provide an insight because I am the type of person who takes off their makeup as soon at they get home, but the base it provides for eyeshadow application is phenomenal. The product blends into a manageable but not dry finish which is excellent for my dry skin and the colour creates a lovely blank canvas to see the true colour of eyeshadows and liners. Unless another brand releases a truly groundbreaking product then I cannot see myself purchasing another eyeshadow base anytime soon.

Total bomb for me. Love most Essence products , but this does nothing for the longevity of my shadows. It creases horribly and is a weird, darker color. Definitely not repurchasing.

on 1/20/2017 11:31:00 AM

For about $3 this shadow primer outperforms any highend eyeshadow primer I have used, and I have very oily lids. Ulta always has Essence products buy one get one 1/2 off, and a lot of their products are underrated. They make great single eye shadows, brow gel, lip liners, and some great blushes, that I enjoy as much as many of my high end products.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the price point of Essence cosmetics however find them hit or miss. This eyeshadow primer falls in the miss category for me. It is too drying on my mature skin and dries into a patchy weirdness on my lids. I think if you have extremely oily lids this might be a good option to try out. I am used to squeeze tube packaging for this type of product so the doe foot applicator was not as easy for me to get used to. It's been my experience that you really need the tiniest amount to get the job done. Shade is neutral and provide a nice even base to apply shadow on. All in all, I think this is a good product, it just didn't perform well on my skin. For a couple bucks this is definitely worth giving it a shot.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to like this primer, and tried to apply it in all different ways, sadly, it is just useless. First I tried it when it was still hot, and was willing to cut it some slack because this primer is inexpensive, but when my eyeshadow creased in the middle of a nice cool and slow day, I realized it will never work. I'm surprised to see all the good reviews for this primer, I honestly don't know how people make it work. My eyelids aren't oily, I don't workout in makeup, and the creasing with this primer is ridiculous. If you need a cheap decent primer, just buy elf, yeah, the packaging is not as nice, but at least it makes eyeshadows last all day...
Will not repurchase.

on 10/1/2016 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is actually a pretty decent eye primer for the price. Its a little more fluid and doesn't accentuate dryness as much as other tinted eye primers. It colour corrects extremely well, and provides a lightly tacky base. The only downfall is that it may crease, it's longevity isn't as superb as other mid end options, but overall this is a wonderful priming option for normal-dry skins or those who struggle with dryness when using tinted eyeshadow primers.

I use this product every day and it works amazing

This is the only eyeshadow base that I have used, so there might be something better out there, but I love this one.

I have very oily hooded eyelids, and shadow typically creases on me within a couple of hours. Once I started using this product, I can get most shadows to last 10-12 hours before it melts into my crease.

The product is a peachy colour - I swipe a small amount on with the doe-foot applicator, and then blend it out with my finger. My eyeilds do appear a little bight lighter, so this probably won't work for all skin tones because of the colouring - it's probably best on medium skin tones, but will look orange if you've got a very cool undertone.

I got this and used it on and off for six months and unfortunately I never noticed the difference between the days I did wear it and the days I didn't.
It also is quite dark so if you're pale like me it won't blend in and look like your own skin but for deeper skin tones it should be fine. I would only really recommend to people who have deeper skin tones and who don't have problems with eye shadows sliding off to purchase this.

on 9/7/2016 8:09:00 AM

This is my first eyeshadow base and ot's pretty good.
I don't really mind the color since it's basically the same shade as my concealer. I actually like that it's tinted since I have some visible veins on my eyelids and it helps cancelling them out.
It's fairly water resistant. I washed my face while forgetting I still had it on, and lo and behold my eye makeup was still on (but very smudged)
Very good staying power. I've had eyeshadows stay on for 9-10 hours and still be as vibrant as when I've applied them. If I get really hot and sweaty, it creases but only slightly. It's not really noticeable unless you look really close. (I have hooded eyes so it's inevitable that eyeshadow will crease on me :P)
One gripe I have is the doe foot applicator. I really don't like containers like that since the product gets contaminated every time you use it but what can you do.
Overall, it does its job as an eyeshadow base. I'll probably buy this again since it's so cheap compared to other brands.