Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

3.4

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sodium Chloride, Stearoyl Inulin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethiconol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethoxycaprylylsilane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

on 11/9/2017 9:20:00 PM

I've been using this eyeshadow primer for years and I would not recommend anything else! PROS: Is is VERY inexpensive and provides an amazing base for your eyeshadow. It prevents your shadows from creasing and makes them last all day. It is also a very light consistency. This also has a slight pigment in it to even out your eyelid and set a nice canvas for your eyeshadow. CONS: there is only one shade, and it certainly wont work for every skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Skip it. It doesn't prevent creasing or longevity of eyeshadows.

Get the Wet N' Wild Photofocus Eyeshadow Primer instead :) it's a dupe of UDPP.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Nice packaging and cheap product. But it just doesn't work. To start off it's way runnier than other eyeshadow primers so it feels a bit like just using concealer as primer. But that being said - I have the same results not using a primer than this. My holy grails are Too faced shadow insurance and UD Primer potion, both of which are expensive. So when I got this as a gift I wanted to give it a fair shot. I've had it for probably a year and every time I try i'm disappointed. I don't have very oily lids but my shadow looks so awful and creasy with this primer. Do not buy!

on 10/16/2017 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because my local Ulta doesn’t sell the ELF eye primer, which I think runs out way too quickly for how often I wear makeup, and because I didn’t want to invest money on a small tube of the Smashbox Photofinish eye primer, which is probably my favorite. I had homecoming in less than a week from this purchase, and I didn’t try it at all until the day if the dance. I have EXTREMELY oily eyelids and I do not buy the best quality shadows, but this worked so well at covering all of my eyelid veins and matching my natural skin tone as well as keeping my eyeshadow in place and vibrant for about 12 hours. I love this so much after one use, especially because a little bit goes a long way.

on 8/19/2017 3:03:00 AM

I bought this because I saw some good reviews on YouTube, and the low price is appealing. I normally use Smashbox 24 Hour, but I thought this would be good for natural (no shadow) makeup days to even out the tone on my lids and control oil. I tried it for the first time this morning, and my lids felt a bit itchy right after I put it on. Fast forward 2 hours, and the itch was replaced with stinging, burning pain and swelling. I was at the office, so I had to run across the street to buy a package of eye makeup remover wipes to get this stuff OFF. I don't have particularly sensitive skin; I've never had a reaction like this to any other makeup product. It looked nice, so if you don't have an allergic reaction to it, you might like it. I threw my tube in the trash, however.

on 10/27/2017 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Doesn't work. Eyeshadow definitely looks better on its own rather than over this primer. Way too yellow. I recommend you to skip it. You can go without it.

on 4/25/2017 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It isn't even 9am and my shadow is already creased. Yes, I have very oily lids, but shouldn't my eye shadow be crease-free longer than three hours? Obviously, this isn't working for me. I like the price....$4 at SDM. I like the dough-foot applicator though I did find the primer itself to be a bit thick. I dab it on my eyelid and then blend with my fingertip. It leaves my lid with a little bit of colour but it gets covered with a dusting of powder and shadow. Won't be repurchasing. Next .....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a great, inexpensive eyeshadow primer. It's colored and darker than my skin. On it's own it gives me orange eyelids. But I always put eyeshadow on top and the orange is covered up. It's fairly liquid so the doe foot applicator is nice. I swipe it on my eyelid and blend with a finger. I dock a lippie because this does not hold up as well as some other primers. It does well for most shadows but some it creases with (like my Chanel eyeshadow). Also, you get a very small amount. It's still far cheaper than something like Too Faced shadow insurance, but the price is much closer than you'd think if you pay attention to price per ounce. Essence contains 0.13 fl oz/4 ml. My Urban Decay Primer Potion has .37 fl oz/11 ml (mine must be old. Online urban decay has 0.33 fl oz). That makes Essence $26.9/ounce and Urban Decay (at .33 fl oz) $60/ounce. I can often find Urban Decay on sale for $10, which makes it only $30/ounce. And that holds up with anything. I still think, for my very oily lids, Too Faced is my favorite but This is quite good and so cheap.
Edit: 4/5/2017 so this stuff gave me a bunch of milia on my browbone. Lol. Going the the garbage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is pure magic for me. I don't have extremely oily eyelids however I have hooded eyes and therefore I find my eyeshadow is prone to creasing and transferring - especially shimmer or glittery lid shades. I also have quite pigmented lids, which this seemed to help cancel out. I tried this out for the first time yesterday and I love it so much already.
It blended really well onto the eyelid and I find I actually like the applicator for this. You don't need a whole lot, which is nice. Blending shadow over it is fairly easy, but i definitely needed to set the crease before applying a transition. I then applied the shimmer colour to my lid without setting the lid area first, which really held on the colour.
This primer lasted ALL. DAY. I visited the zoo yesterday for 5 hours, walking in 25-30 degree (Celsius) weather in direct sun almost the whole time. My lids never got oily, never creased and the colour on my lids didn't fade or transfer. I'm gonna keep trying it out for the next few weeks at work but for now, I'm totally sold.

on 4/25/2017 9:21:00 AM

I basically bought it because I didn't have any primer but I didn't want to spend a lot of money for that... Beginner issues!
This product makes my eyelids patchy and orange, although I think the shadows last a little longer than not using an eye-primer, so it's not useless.
Anyway, I won't repurchase again, probably trying Milani's one, or just go high end with the TF's Hangover. Don't waste your well earned money!!