Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

3.5

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sodium Chloride, Stearoyl Inulin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethiconol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethoxycaprylylsilane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the price point of Essence cosmetics however find them hit or miss. This eyeshadow primer falls in the miss category for me. It is too drying on my mature skin and dries into a patchy weirdness on my lids. I think if you have extremely oily lids this might be a good option to try out. I am used to squeeze tube packaging for this type of product so the doe foot applicator was not as easy for me to get used to. It's been my experience that you really need the tiniest amount to get the job done. Shade is neutral and provide a nice even base to apply shadow on. All in all, I think this is a good product, it just didn't perform well on my skin. For a couple bucks this is definitely worth giving it a shot.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to like this primer, and tried to apply it in all different ways, sadly, it is just useless. First I tried it when it was still hot, and was willing to cut it some slack because this primer is inexpensive, but when my eyeshadow creased in the middle of a nice cool and slow day, I realized it will never work. I'm surprised to see all the good reviews for this primer, I honestly don't know how people make it work. My eyelids aren't oily, I don't workout in makeup, and the creasing with this primer is ridiculous. If you need a cheap decent primer, just buy elf, yeah, the packaging is not as nice, but at least it makes eyeshadows last all day...
Will not repurchase.

on 10/1/2016 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is actually a pretty decent eye primer for the price. Its a little more fluid and doesn't accentuate dryness as much as other tinted eye primers. It colour corrects extremely well, and provides a lightly tacky base. The only downfall is that it may crease, it's longevity isn't as superb as other mid end options, but overall this is a wonderful priming option for normal-dry skins or those who struggle with dryness when using tinted eyeshadow primers.

I use this product every day and it works amazing

This is the only eyeshadow base that I have used, so there might be something better out there, but I love this one.

I have very oily hooded eyelids, and shadow typically creases on me within a couple of hours. Once I started using this product, I can get most shadows to last 10-12 hours before it melts into my crease.

The product is a peachy colour - I swipe a small amount on with the doe-foot applicator, and then blend it out with my finger. My eyeilds do appear a little bight lighter, so this probably won't work for all skin tones because of the colouring - it's probably best on medium skin tones, but will look orange if you've got a very cool undertone.

I got this and used it on and off for six months and unfortunately I never noticed the difference between the days I did wear it and the days I didn't.
It also is quite dark so if you're pale like me it won't blend in and look like your own skin but for deeper skin tones it should be fine. I would only really recommend to people who have deeper skin tones and who don't have problems with eye shadows sliding off to purchase this.

on 9/7/2016 8:09:00 AM

This is my first eyeshadow base and ot's pretty good.
I don't really mind the color since it's basically the same shade as my concealer. I actually like that it's tinted since I have some visible veins on my eyelids and it helps cancelling them out.
It's fairly water resistant. I washed my face while forgetting I still had it on, and lo and behold my eye makeup was still on (but very smudged)
Very good staying power. I've had eyeshadows stay on for 9-10 hours and still be as vibrant as when I've applied them. If I get really hot and sweaty, it creases but only slightly. It's not really noticeable unless you look really close. (I have hooded eyes so it's inevitable that eyeshadow will crease on me :P)
One gripe I have is the doe foot applicator. I really don't like containers like that since the product gets contaminated every time you use it but what can you do.
Overall, it does its job as an eyeshadow base. I'll probably buy this again since it's so cheap compared to other brands.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product isn't discontinued, so I'm not sure why it says it is. O__o
Anyway, on to my review.

So the only reason I had to throw it away was because it was at its 6 month period. But it was a pretty good product.
I can't really say it had any flaws, except that it was a little hard to blend at first (because I'm not so great with liquid products).
The positive things about this product were that it wasn't too expensive, I got my money's worth out of it, it smelled nice, and my makeup stayed on for the most part.

In my opinion, I really like this product, I would buy this again, and I recommend this product :)
I do love the brand Essence in general, it's just too bad they don't sell it at too many places around where I live.

on 5/8/2016 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my first ever eyeshadow primer/base I've ever tried and I really like it! It only cost me about $3.00 and it works well. My eyeshadow blends nicely on there and it looks just as fresh as when I applied it in the morning after a long day. I have oily skin and get oily eyelids and this seemed to work well for me, so I'm happy.

Will repurchase!

on 5/1/2016 6:53:00 PM

This primer is amazing, it cancels out any discolouration that you have on your eyelids plus it acts like a concealer in which it gives you a nice clean canvas to work on. it also helps when applying eyeshadow because the colours come out more vibrant, the price point is awesome because its so cheap for the quality it is, and the packaging is good as well but i wish it was in a squeeze tube so that i can get the most out of it especially now that its discontinued.