Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

3.3

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sodium Chloride, Stearoyl Inulin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethiconol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethoxycaprylylsilane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

I bought this product because I read so many positive reviews on Dutch make-up blogs, so I was really excited to try it while looking for a nice low-budget eyeshadow primer. The packaging of the product is nice and strong for the price but the product itself - hmm. I kind of disliked the fact that it has a pretty intense colour - so you really have to smudge it properly and I wonder if it will even look good on super pale or darker skins. At the beginning it kind of feels nice but it definitely does not make my eyeshadow stay 'till the end of the day. At the end of the day my eyeshadow is partially gone and creased... I don't have super oily skin so it's not that. I have better experiences with other budgetproof primers (like one from the Dutch store HEMA, Market Deco or the one from Catrice).

on 6/21/2018 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This covers the lid with a tint that seems fine but it has a sheen and it all fades pretty quickly. I have oily lids so when this fades along with my shadow and liner, there's a shiny transparent layer left. Nothing lasts which is the reason for a primer so although I do like other essence products, this is a big flop.

on 4/6/2018 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

At the end of the day, all of my eyeshadow disappeared unfortunately (this does not happen with some other eyeprimers). Good packaging and good price, but the product did not work for me at all.
When I put my eyeshadow on, everything seems fine (my eyes crease), until I look into a mirror few hours later and see that everything is gone already, it makes me look like a hot mess.

on 11/9/2017 9:20:00 PM

I've been using this eyeshadow primer for years and I would not recommend anything else! PROS: Is is VERY inexpensive and provides an amazing base for your eyeshadow. It prevents your shadows from creasing and makes them last all day. It is also a very light consistency. This also has a slight pigment in it to even out your eyelid and set a nice canvas for your eyeshadow. CONS: there is only one shade, and it certainly wont work for every skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Skip it. It doesn't prevent creasing or longevity of eyeshadows.

Get the Wet N' Wild Photofocus Eyeshadow Primer instead :) it's a dupe of UDPP.

on 10/27/2017 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Doesn't work. Eyeshadow definitely looks better on its own rather than over this primer. Way too yellow. I recommend you to skip it. You can go without it.

on 10/16/2017 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because my local Ulta doesn’t sell the ELF eye primer, which I think runs out way too quickly for how often I wear makeup, and because I didn’t want to invest money on a small tube of the Smashbox Photofinish eye primer, which is probably my favorite. I had homecoming in less than a week from this purchase, and I didn’t try it at all until the day if the dance. I have EXTREMELY oily eyelids and I do not buy the best quality shadows, but this worked so well at covering all of my eyelid veins and matching my natural skin tone as well as keeping my eyeshadow in place and vibrant for about 12 hours. I love this so much after one use, especially because a little bit goes a long way.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Nice packaging and cheap product. But it just doesn't work. To start off it's way runnier than other eyeshadow primers so it feels a bit like just using concealer as primer. But that being said - I have the same results not using a primer than this. My holy grails are Too faced shadow insurance and UD Primer potion, both of which are expensive. So when I got this as a gift I wanted to give it a fair shot. I've had it for probably a year and every time I try i'm disappointed. I don't have very oily lids but my shadow looks so awful and creasy with this primer. Do not buy!

on 8/19/2017 3:03:00 AM

I bought this because I saw some good reviews on YouTube, and the low price is appealing. I normally use Smashbox 24 Hour, but I thought this would be good for natural (no shadow) makeup days to even out the tone on my lids and control oil. I tried it for the first time this morning, and my lids felt a bit itchy right after I put it on. Fast forward 2 hours, and the itch was replaced with stinging, burning pain and swelling. I was at the office, so I had to run across the street to buy a package of eye makeup remover wipes to get this stuff OFF. I don't have particularly sensitive skin; I've never had a reaction like this to any other makeup product. It looked nice, so if you don't have an allergic reaction to it, you might like it. I threw my tube in the trash, however.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is pure magic for me. I don't have extremely oily eyelids however I have hooded eyes and therefore I find my eyeshadow is prone to creasing and transferring - especially shimmer or glittery lid shades. I also have quite pigmented lids, which this seemed to help cancel out. I tried this out for the first time yesterday and I love it so much already.
It blended really well onto the eyelid and I find I actually like the applicator for this. You don't need a whole lot, which is nice. Blending shadow over it is fairly easy, but i definitely needed to set the crease before applying a transition. I then applied the shimmer colour to my lid without setting the lid area first, which really held on the colour.
This primer lasted ALL. DAY. I visited the zoo yesterday for 5 hours, walking in 25-30 degree (Celsius) weather in direct sun almost the whole time. My lids never got oily, never creased and the colour on my lids didn't fade or transfer. I'm gonna keep trying it out for the next few weeks at work but for now, I'm totally sold.