Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

3.4

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sodium Chloride, Stearoyl Inulin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethiconol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethoxycaprylylsilane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

This product isn't discontinued, so I'm not sure why it says it is. O__o
Anyway, on to my review.

So the only reason I had to throw it away was because it was at its 6 month period. But it was a pretty good product.
I can't really say it had any flaws, except that it was a little hard to blend at first (because I'm not so great with liquid products).
The positive things about this product were that it wasn't too expensive, I got my money's worth out of it, it smelled nice, and my makeup stayed on for the most part.

In my opinion, I really like this product, I would buy this again, and I recommend this product :)
I do love the brand Essence in general, it's just too bad they don't sell it at too many places around where I live.

on 5/8/2016 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my first ever eyeshadow primer/base I've ever tried and I really like it! It only cost me about $3.00 and it works well. My eyeshadow blends nicely on there and it looks just as fresh as when I applied it in the morning after a long day. I have oily skin and get oily eyelids and this seemed to work well for me, so I'm happy.

Will repurchase!

To Read all 104 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/1/2016 6:53:00 PM

This primer is amazing, it cancels out any discolouration that you have on your eyelids plus it acts like a concealer in which it gives you a nice clean canvas to work on. it also helps when applying eyeshadow because the colours come out more vibrant, the price point is awesome because its so cheap for the quality it is, and the packaging is good as well but i wish it was in a squeeze tube so that i can get the most out of it especially now that its discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Its not the best eye shadow primer. i dont like how its tinted really dark so if i wanted to wear this alone i would look crazy! I fell like im wearing no eye shadow primer when i put this on and i could use no eye shadow base and still have the same results

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It's a very cheap alternative to start out with make up, but it's nothing out of this world by any means. It was very orange for my fair skin and it really dried out my eyelids sometimes even when i put moisturizer on them. Regarding its function, it did a decent job; i didn't notice that it made my eye shadows stand out more, but it did a fair job at keeping them on place for a decent period of time. Don't expect it to make them stay the whole day or the whole night if you're going to stay up for a long time, but it does a fair job.

Price really unbeatable so If you're starting out with make up, don't mind the orangy tone, and just want to start trying products I would give it a shot.

Packing very convenient but it's hard do get everything out of the tube once it gets to the end.

I had high hope for this primer but ended up disappointed. My oily eyelids were too much for this primer to handle. I liked that it was tinted to cancel out any discolouration, but I had it creasing even before I applied shadow thought it was a fluke, smoothed it out applied my shadow only to find it creasing all over again . Been using this for 3weeks just cause I have it but would not repurchase. Back on the search I go...

on 4/15/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Looking to try out some new primers and for $4 CAD this seemed like a good one to play around with. A little goes a long way and basically once you tap the doe foot on your lid, it spreads pretty nicely and the colour fades out on my skin till its barely/not noticeable so i didnt have a lot of troubles with the colour or texture like i thought i would on my tan skin.
Eyeshadows applied nicely over top but did crease throughout the day (though it wasn't too terrible and i do have incredibly oily skin so to be expected) but my liner didn't bleed out on my outer corner and lower lash line like it usually does until i hit my 8hour mark. It's not great for oily skin but it wasn't as bad for me like others such as the UD Primer potion.
I still prefer NYX Proof it for my oily skin (which creases less for me) but this one is still a pretty good alternative and half the price which is pretty great :)

note: I haven't used this yet without eyeshadow and just my liner so the colour of the primer could still have some impact throughout the day but I personally noticed none with eyeshadow on my skin tone.

on 1/31/2016 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG eyeshadow primer. I absolutely love this stuff! I've put this under my eyeshadow and gone out to the bar and have been too alcohol-influenced to care to take my makeup off when I've gone home, so I've gone to sleep and when I have woken up my eyeshadow hasn't budged. My eyeshadow has never once creased with this primer. It brings out the colours very well. It lasts through sweat with no problems. I literally have no complaints about this other than if you have darker skin then you might not like the colour of it, but if you're putting eyeshadow on top of it anyways it won't really make a difference.
And the best part about this is that it's $3!
I reach for this more than my Lise Watier primer and my Urban Decay eye primer - no joke. I almost never use those anymore and instead I'll use this because it actually works better. I'm on the fourth bottle of this stuff. I can't believe for the quality of the product you get that it's only $3.

on 1/3/2016 10:10:00 PM

HG eyeshadow primer. It has a colour so it cancels out any veins on my eye lids. It has a nice doe foot applicator. A bottle lasts a long time and it makes my shadow stay all day. I will repurchase

on 1/3/2016 5:46:00 PM

Very orange, and performed very poorly. I have oily lids, and am still looking for a primer that will work. This had a pretty good rating, and was cheap, so I gave it a try. If you are fair, this is not going to be a good color. The orangeness really was a problem. If it worked, I would work it out somehow, but it did nothing for me. My eyeshadow creased very quickly.