Clean Skin EDP

3.8

on 12/6/2015 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

o love this so much that sometimes I wear it TO BED. Yeah. It's so good. I love Clean perfumes-I have this, Warm Cotton, and Cashmere but this is my favorite. I adore it. Simple scents are sometimes the best and this is an example.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was an immediate migraine trigger for me. I mean, that happens sometimes, and it's a personal thing, so I wouldn't have included it in my review, except that it also triggered a migraine in a friend that was with me when I was wearing it. If you're prone to migraines, I would stay away from this one.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/7/2015 11:12:00 PM

Love it. It is sweet, clean, floral & feminine. Like many other reviewers have noted however, zero lasting power :( I will just continue to use the rollerball obsessively between spritzes continued >>

on 7/6/2015 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm a big fan of CLEAN scents, and fresh scents in general, so CLEAN Skin has been in my wish list for a while. It's not too fresh, it's a bit on the musky side, kind of light powdery (though at the end of the day, the end scent really depends on your genetic makeup, it could be different for you).

It's a really refreshing, yet warm scent. Think Bulgari Omnia Amethyste, but less acidic and less overpowering. The scents are very similar, and I found that the longevity was around 5-6 hours. The nice thing about it is that you could spray it on your pulse points, then you won't smell anything (but people around you can).

Got tons of compliments on this, great to wear in colder weather, definitely. Would repurchase for the colder months, for sure.

on 5/24/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very pretty perfume but I find it doesn't last very long as with most of this brand's scents unfortunately. This is just musk and flowers. I can't even identify which flowers, they are so mixed.

It's soft flowers though; maybe white. It starts off very flowery and dries down to a nice mix of both. It will last about 3 hours before it just vanishes.

on 5/2/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

LOVE! Definitely a white-musk type scent, to my nose (I love musks!). I seems to have all musks and musk oils, and this one is fabulous IMHO. Just about the perfect white musk, and at EDP strength, it lasts well.

No scratchiness in the base, which some white musks seem to have -- it's just very well-rounded, clean, sensuous, and nice. Not too strong, not too weak, no animalic notes, not powdery (yay, I don't like powderiness), not baby wipey or lotiony, not sweet -- and I like that it's a spray, rather than an oil.

Low-key, PC, has sensuous drydown, and I keep getting whiffs for quite a long time. It's the only Clean perfume (out of their approx. 25 scents) that I've bought -- or ever been tempted to buy. I've never favored "clean" scents, so because of the name "Clean" I've never really tested many from the Clean brand -- but when I spotted and tested this Skin, it had to be mine! It's right up my alley, and I hope they never discontinue it. Could easily be an HG or a signature. I think I might buy a backup .... or more ...

on 4/4/2015 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just got this off Ulta's clearance shelf for under $30 dollars. Apparently, they're only going to carry it online now. This was a blind buy for me, but I wasn't disappointed. I wanted a fresh skin scent and this delivers. According to Ulta's website, Clean Skin includes the following notes:

Top Notes: Sheer Honeydew, Lotus Blossom & Fresh Air Accord
Mid Notes: Dewy Petals, Aquatic Notes & Blue Rose
Base Notes: White Musks, Amber Wood & Creamy Vanilla

Personally, I really can't detect many of these separate notes. It does starts with a burst of clean freshness, which lasts quite a while for top notes. There is also a salty tang that reminds me of skin. It mellows down to a very light clean musk.

I should warn you that Clean Skin is really subtle. It makes Green Tea and Cashmere Mist seem bold in comparison. It's basically a fragrance meant to enhance your own scent and impart a sense of freshness and cleanliness. The sillage is very intimate. It's good for people who like quiet fragrances. But please don't over apply in an effort to make it a bolder fragrance. That just makes it smell cheap. Two or three sprays is enough. If you want to wear a bolder fragrance, it's better and easier just to pick a bolder fragrance.

on 2/23/2015 4:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

From what I can achieve with a rollerball application of this, it actually attempts to capture the scent of skin just recently washed with a floral scented soap.

Initially there is a generic smell of flowers and something vaguely flesh-like in aroma; sniffing more closely, I also detect a slight smell of the liquid hand soap frequently found in public restrooms.

After its been on the skin a while, the fragrance becomes slightly sweeter and more musky in scent, though it doesn't seem to project much from this point onward.

The drydown hours later is a distinctive ambery aroma which reminds me of "Adrienne Vittadini" (the eponymous / signature fragrance; NOT "AV"), a rather subdued fragrance with mild notes of citrus, barely discernible floral notes, and a pronounced note of amber -- a fragrance that always made me think of the smell of clean warm skin.

As I have Adrienne Vittadini and can still find it (its been discontinued) at bargain prices online, I doubt that I will bother making any more purchases of Clean Skin.

on 11/5/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

100 for scent, -100 for longevity :( Yet, I will buy again I love so much. Smells like an ethereal creature standing at the golden gates of a pure clean white heaven. Sillage sucks and scent lasts 20 minutes. Worth carrying around in my purse though. It's that good. Very different from my 2 Guerlain faves: petite robe noir & shalimar. This is my NON-gothic outrageous loud love it or hate it scent. This is universally loved and great daily scent - works with a nice outfit or sweats.

on 10/26/2014 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wish I was better at reviewing fragrances because this is so beautiful. I have no idea how to describe it, it was only okay in the bottle and when I applied it it became heavenly! It's such a soft clean, beautiful scent. Not too strong but it lasts all day, not offensive/overpowering at all. I get compliments every time I wear this. It is easy to wear with other scented lotions as well, seems to blend quite well with many other fragrances.
Adore this and would repurchase.

Popular Fragrances