L'Oreal Le Gloss - Nude Illusion #164

L'Oreal Le Gloss - Nude Illusion #164

3.0

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this sheer shimmery nude. It's perfect for toning down a too bright lipstick and it's great on its own. Great taste, little to no fragrance and I'm squeezing every last drop out of the tube.
Will have to repurchase soon.

on 10/10/2012 6:31:00 PM

Not impressed...didn't last long at all, couldn't stand the smell and I didn't like the way it felt on my lips.

To Read all 6 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/19/2012 2:13:00 PM

This lipgloss doesn't show up at all.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Personally, I'm not a big fan of glosses in a squeeze tube, but I wanted to try this anyway. This was a so-so gloss. There was pretty shimmer and shine to it, and I love the finish (VERY glossy.) The color wasn't a true nude though, it really did not nude out my lips.
I have to note that the vanilla-y scent in this gloss is borderline overpowering. And I like sweet scents. All in all, for me, this gloss was not great and not horrible. I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I'm going through a serious "nude" phase right now and this fits perfectly. I call this a "topper" because it gives off that perfect sheer, shimmer on top of any nude lipstick. Today I topped it over L'Oreal's Le Balm in "Comfort Caramel" and those two were destined for each other. Alone it's just pretty much a clear gloss with slight shimmer, but on top of a nude lipstick - MAGIC! The scent is pleasing if you like caramel-chocolate. All in all, this gets a thumbs up from me.

on 9/15/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a nude shimmer that looks like it will be opaque in the tube. When you squeeze it out, it's basically nude shimmers in a clear gloss, which I was happy with since I was looking for a shimmery gloss and I swatched it before I bought it. Just don't buy this shade if you want something opaque; try the cream finish shades from this line. It imparts a very sheer nude color to my pale lips and I love wearing it alone or over other lipsticks.

I have two other Le Gloss shades, both of which are the cream finish, and I love them also!

Pros:
Great smell, but fades quickly for those who are sensitive
Subtle taste, but yummy!
Price
Slant tip plastic applicator - hygienic!
Decent lasting time

Cons:
...I suppose that without swatching, you don't know exactly what kind of shade you're getting, and you're technically not supposed to swatch things at the drugstore...but, I do it on the back of my hand if I find one that's already been opened/used before me because I think the companies should provide testers.

I would buy all of these!