Annabelle Le Big Show

Annabelle Le Big Show

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the revamped Big Show mascara.

Annabelle mascaras seem to disagree with my eyes and I suspect that the formula for their revamped mascaras is the same; just different brushes and names.
Big Show is a very good mascara for building length and volume without clumping but the formula irritates my eye (my left one in particular) and flakes badly.
I had an even worse experience with the Outlash mascara (I wrote a review about that disaster) so I'll be avoiding Annabelle mascaras from now on, which is unfortunate.

If you have sensitive eyes (I have ocular rosacea), I suggest avoiding Annabelle mascaras.

on 1/3/2017 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

LOVE this mascara. I have very thin lashes and this product makes them thick and full. My one negative is that I purchased the waterproof mascara, and it is impossible to get completely off when I remove my makeup. I have tried oil and water-based removers and nothing works. I will definitely buy again, just not the waterproof.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I actually bought this mascara at a little local discount store & the owner only charged me $2.80 when it's around $11-12 at Shoppers Drug Mart. I'm usually a Maybelline & CG mascara user, but since this was so cheap I had to try it. So glad I finally did. The wand on it is the perfect size. Not too big, nor small and there are a lot of bristles on a natural (not plastic) bristle brush. It really gets right at the root and thickens up my skimpy fine lashes. I absolutely LOVE this mascara! It's just as good as some Lancome ones I've had in the past. I have naturally long lashes so need the volume / thickness this mascara provides. However, if it's length you desire, I cannot say if you ll get that as I find the formula kinda dry, so it does not travel from root to tip. Note: mine might be drier though, as who knows how long it's sat at the discount store? lol. At any rate, I'd certainly suggest this & will re-purchase.

on 12/1/2016 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's hard not to give this a try when you've got a $3 coupon and it's only $7.49 at Walmart (Canada) so I got it for under $5. The reviews totally swayed me though, not gonna lie. I usually don't buy Annabelle. They're good but I wouldn't normally put them into the spectacular category. Just your basic affordable line that will "do" when you don't want to spend. This mascara, however, is a hidden gem. Several previous reviews have already stated that this is nice right from the start, as in you don't need to hate it for 2 weeks before you love it. (Too many mascaras do fall into that category...). I live for volume and this one delivers. The formula isn't too wet or dry. It's *black*. It gives both volume and separation. The brush looks pretty run of the mill as far as mascara brushes go, but it gives such a nice, full, fanned out look to my lashes with so little effort. With all the funky new brushes we see these days, sometimes it just goes to show you that you don't need to fix what ain't broken. The old style brushes are not on the way out any time soon. I hesitate to give this a *5* only because I typically have several mascaras "on the go" at once, and it's hard to pick a favorite BUT the fact that this has been my #1 for the past several weeks says something.

on 10/27/2016 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Annabelle is such an overlooked brand, but they really do make many lovely products. I started using this for two reasons: I was in the process of phasing animal-tested products out of my routine, so I stopped buying my previous HG, L’Oreal Voluminous (Annabelle is cruelty free, yay!), and the reviews on MakeupAlley were so awesome. I am not disappointed, this mascara is better than any I’ve ever tried, whether it be drugstore OR high end. It’s hard for me to even articulate how great this is, so I’m just going to fire off some of the many things that I love about it in point form.

-The formula is amazing. It is neither super wet, nor dry, but nice and creamy
-It is extremely buildable, allowing you to get either a subtle, or very dramatic look. I love this on my lower lashes
-Rich black color
-Gives nice separation and definition to the lashes
-The (nylon) brush is nice and big, but has tiny bristles, allowing the mascara to coat every lash.
-Gives great length, but the real beauty of this baby is in the superior volume it gives. Wow!
-Affordable and easy to find (in Canada, at least)
-Does not flake
-Easy to take off with remover, cleansing pads, or oil
-Great for sensitive eyes (although it does have a bit of a fragrance, so keep that in mind)
-The packaging is actually cute (it comes in a hot pink and black tube)
-Doesn’t make your lashes “crispy” when it dries. They remain soft, but it still holds a curl nicely throughout the day

I don’t think I’ll ever revert to anything else after using this. Thanks MakeupAlley for putting me on to such an awesome product!

on 9/2/2016 4:17:00 PM

I bought this blind because there was a display with a coupon at Shoppers Drug Mart and am pleasantly surprised. This mascara is easy to apply. It is not too wet and doesn't clump. It doesn't flake or irritate my eyes. The effect is dark, full, nicely defined eyelashes. I am very impressed and am likely to repurchase.

Update 12/16: Bought another tube, still like this a lot! :)
Second Update: Second tube dried out really fast :( Too bad - dropped a lippie.

on 3/7/2015 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried this mascara thanks to the reviews of you fantastic MakeupAlley ladies after I ran out of my HG pur Minerals impact+ mascara. PROS: easy to find, affordable, great application brush, formula is a little on the dry side to start with but I like that (I HATE wet mascara), makes my eyes look amazing with just one application! DON'T LOVE SO MUCH: I feel like it dries out faster so the tube doesn't last quite as long as some other brands, and it does flake a bit. While the flaking annoys me, it's not enough to top me from buying this again. So glad all you other Canadian gals raved about this or I never would have tried it!

on 2/4/2015 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Annabelle mascaras are the best mascaras at the drugstore and in my case the only ones don't irritated my eyes and I can wear all day without the urge to take it off. This only is another great mascara. Gives volume and defines. Will defintely repurchase.

on 8/23/2014 1:42:00 PM

This is a great drugstore mascara for volume. It doesn't clump, separate the lashes really well and gives a very dramatic look because it's buildable. What i like about it is that it's a great mascara FROM THE START you don't have to wait for days for it to dry. Some mascaras are sooo wet for the first weeks.....even high-end ones. Honestly i really love it, it's better than MAC and LANCME, and so cheap! I have tried a lot of mascaras, and this is one of the best for volume.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral