Jouer Lip Enhancer - Conditioning Lip Treatment

3.4

POLYISOBUTENE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, OZOKERITE, BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, TRIBEHENIN, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, FLAVOR (AROMA). MAY CONTAIN ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)

I have to say I was surprised by this product as it did plump up my lips slightly, most plumper balms don't do anything for me. It doesn't have any smell to it, which I don't mind and it doesn't give you that intense stinging/tingling feeling when applied on the lips, which I hate. I'm not crazy about the tube packaging, but overall a good product. It feels slightly sticky on the lips, which is my least favourite part of it and it is hard to find in the UK, therefore pricey when ordering it overseas.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this in my birchbox and couldn't wait to try it, but it has an overpowering floral fragrance that made me nauseated as soon as I put it on. Avoid this product if you are sensitive to fragrance!

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

I read the reviews and I wondered if we were all reviewing the same product. I have been on the prowl for a lip treatment for my mature, dry lips. Hourglass was a bust. Dr. Dennis was a fail. Plus a list of others too long to mention. This was purchased on a whim. I was beyond thrilled with it. It is hydrating and makes my lips feel GOOD! A lip treatment is a TREAT. For daily use, my go to is Nivea Kiss Moisture. Even still, if money were not a concern, I would only use this.

Ew. This is a sticky lip treatment. There is nothing appealing about this product- not the texture, color, packaging, or price. I am so disappointed that I got this in my ipsy bag. What a waste.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think I'm younger than most reviewers on this product are??? Anywho, onto the review!

A very kind Nordstrom employee (rare, I know) gave me a generous sample of this conditioning balm when they'd run out. The consistency is very thick, milky, and looks like a watered down sugar scrub with the grains still poking out. Don't worry, it's not a scrub! It just looks like one.

During the winter, I'd combine a layer of the original Jack Black lip balm (which by the way, ladies and gents, works magnificently to wick up long-dead layers of chapped lips), and then once I have my very newly bare lips, I'd use a tiny FINGERTIP DAB of this and smear it on my bottom lip only. I'd then purse and rub my lips together.

Now, IT IS a tad barely-sticky in texture, but definitely not an uncomfortable lipgloss sort of sticky. (Remember I'm not using a lot of it per use.) I don't quite know how to describe it, but it feels like a nice, healthy sticky. Unlike certain drugstore brands (coughcoughEOScough), this doesn't make my lips itch like a mother. It also gives back a little elasticity to your lips when you apply them on it-hurts-to-smile chapped lips--you don't even have to exfoliate first, which is a mega-plus.

For the pricetag... this baby is $14, last time I checked and that was during the holidays. Though I like it, I wouldn't shell out $14 for a new tube unless it was the aforementioned holidays, or unless it was my HG gotta-have-it lip conditioner. It's not. Jack Black's lip balm is sold at half the price and does about the same job (except, JB has a tinly, menthol sensation).

I've used a variety of lip balms and hydration solutions, and I found this one to be sub-par. It felt heavy on my lips, and didn't seem to sink in like other treatments. It also felt sticky. After about half an hour I ended up wiping this off, because it felt like it just sat on my lips. As far as moisturizing lip treatments go, I'll stick to Fresh's Sugar line. It's more expensive, but works so much better. This also had no fragrance, which will appeal to some, but I appreciate a bit of a scent (which, again, sends me back to Fresh).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not overly impressed with this lip treatment. Applies smoothly and works ok under lipstick. Odd scent--like old lady dusting powder scent. Does not last a long time. Does not work any better than drugstore lip balms.

This stuff is seriously amazing; an awesome hydrator for dry lips + not sticky.

As a lipstick addict, I'm always looking for great lip treatments. Like so many reviewers, I received this in my monthly BirchBox. While it does give lips a temporarily glossy shine, the staying power was very limited. I didn't notice any major conditioning effects; in fact, this seemed less moisturizing than many of the under $5 drugstore products.

I initially had received a mini of this from Jouer customer service when I inquired about a lipgloss color that was sold out. I was quite impressed by it, so decided to purchase the full-size for $15.

As others have mentioned, this is rather sticky. It has a bit of a clear lipgloss consistency, though not as tacky, and the viscosity is slicker. There is a shiny finish, and the slight pink tint doesn't really show up on the lips. It actually reminds me a bit of a similar product by Nivea, except without the fragrance. The Nivea also comes in a squeeze tube with a slanted tip.

Jouer claims that if applied 3X a day for 29 days, it will plump up the lips. I've not tried it that way, as I use other lip products during the day,. I use this at night before bed, and when I wake up and wipe off the excess, my lips are very soft, and though they don't feel plumper persay, the lines are definitely smoothed ou (which gives the illusion of plumper lips.)

Overall, I do really like the Conditiioning Lip Treatment, and will likely purchase when I run out. continued >>