Essie Power Clutch

Essie Power Clutch

4.3

on 7/11/2016 9:44:00 AM

To me, this is a darkish gray that can look almost olive in some lights. It's a very unique color that is surprisingly flattering and while dark and rather severe, isn't too harsh looking on my hands. The gray makes it perfect for fall, yet that warm olive undertone looks amazing with tan summer skin.

I agree that the formula is runny, but not to the point where it's not workable, and 2-3 thin coats give me the perfect glossy opaque finish. For some reason, Power Clutch is a nail polish that I *really* enjoy applying - watching the transformation from 1 coat to 3 is very satisfying lol. This one lasts very well, is prone to tip wear vs. outright chipping, but I'm having a full-on love affair with Essie Gel Setter top coat, so it lasts a full week for me.

on 11/18/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I LOVE this colour! Beautiful grey shade with undertones of green. I get compliments every time I wear it. Great formula, opaque with 1-2 coats and lasts really well with a top coat. Definitely recommended.

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/12/2012 2:41:00 PM

Power Clutch is a dark, grey-green color. The formula is on the thin side, as it took me 3 coats to apply opaquely. It wore for 4 days before I had to remove it because of tip wear. While the color is beautiful and perfect for fall/winter, the formula leaves a lot to be desired.

on 4/6/2012 4:47:00 AM

Stunner!

Really edgy shade, a deep dark gray with hints of both green and blue in various lights, compliments my pale medium-yellow toned skin extremely well, I got it in mini size but since it's using up fast I'll probably get a full size bottle soon. Loving the Essie quality, very shiny, opaque, slightly thick formula but easy to work with, one of my recent favorite polishes!

on 2/27/2012 9:16:00 AM

Power Clutch is a nice dark grey with a bit of green undertones on my NW15-20 skin. It's a creme that applies nicely and wears nicely. About 3 days until I have visible tip wear but I'm also rough on my hands. It's definitely a unique shade in my stash. I'm glad I got it.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Another nice polish from Essie. I agree with the very first reviewer, who said that she doesn't notice any green in this, just a nice medium gray. I don't find the formula runny and two coats makes it completely opaque. I only wouldn't repurchase because I have other grays and a truckload of polish overall.

on 12/20/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first Essie nail polish, and I can't say that I'm disappointed. I love grayish colors for the fall, and this color is beautiful. It was a tiny bit runnier that I expected it to be, but I didn't have a lot of the issues that other reviewers have had with running. It's also glossy and comes in a really cute bottle. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is that I want to try other colors in the Essie line as well, and I don't think I'm going to finish this bottle any time soon. ( I own a lot of nail polish lol.)

on 12/16/2011 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I will admit I bought this based on all good reviews on here and the name Power Clutch seemed so cute to me! I was excited to use it and I planned on wearing it to a x-mas party tomorrow evening! This was surprisingly RUNNY. When I applied this I had to put a piece of paper underneath to catch the fast drips so then I applied with a much lighter hand and had to build it up. But after I did that I realized that I did not care for the color since it just looked dirty like wet clay on me and I removed it quickly.

on 11/29/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a dark murky gray color. It looks lighter in the bottle than when dried on nails. My skintone brings out a very steel gray color rather than a greenish cast ( dark gunmetal color). I took a star off because out of the fall 2011 collection I found this to be a bit thinner than the others and although it didn't run into my cuticles, I had to pay much more attention when applying it to make sure it didn't. Also, the first coat streaked pretty bad, this definately takes 2 coats.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Really nice fall color. Easy to apply, glossy finish and lasting power. Plus, it's really flattering on me

Popular Polishes