ECO Logical - Body SPF 30

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
 ECO Logical - Body SPF 30

3.0

1 review

Active ingredient: Zinc Oxide 22% Inactive ingredients: Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Silicon Dioxide, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Butyrospermum Parkii Seed (Shea) Butter, Euphorbia Antisyphilitica (Candelilla) Wax, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Seed Extract*, Rosa Canina (Rosehips) Seed Oil*, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract*. * = organic

on 10/3/2011 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This review is for the Eco SPF 30+ (Face) version. This is a water based, mineral sunscreen with non nano Zinc Oxide (20%) as an active ingredient which I prefer over chemical sunscreens. I wanted something I can use on my face for casual sun exposure so when I saw this at my local Whole Foods it seemed like a good buy.

The good: Worked really well in preventing me from getting color. I have medium/tan skin tone that tans easily but hardly burns. Most US chemical sunscreens I've used in the past always give me color by the end of the day no matter how much/how often I reapply. I'm in Hawaii where the UV index is high and I wore this on my face in direct sunlight for about an hr and did NOT get darker at all. Also, this sunscreen did not cause me to break out. I have acne prone skin and most ss break me out within 2 days. I wore this for about a week and so far has not caused a single break out. It's very light in texture and did not feel heavy on my face, unlike my other sunscreen (Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion spf60) which I can always feel on my face. It goes on somewhat greasy at first but the greasiness subsides after a few minutes to leave a semi matte, dewy and sort of powdery finish that stayed that way for about 8 hrs. It did not sting my eyes even when worn on my eyelids.

The bad: It left major white cast on my face. As I said above, I have medium/tan skin tone and used the proper amount (about 1/4 teaspoon) for my face but no matter how much I blend or how long I wait for the sunscreen to "sink" in, the white cast is still there and quite visible. The only way I could get it to work somewhat is to apply a dusting of mineral powder to it since I don't wear foundation. Also, it was quite pricey for the actual amount of product you get. On the tube it says 1.8 oz but the tube itself seemed deceptively bigger than it should be for that amount. As a result, it looked as though my brand new tube was less than half full.
Conclusion: Not cosmetically elegant for my tan complexion because of the white cast. It may not be visible on someone with very fair skin but it's definitely noticeable on me. I will use it up around the house when I don't have to be anywhere but I won't be repurchasing mainly because it's unwearable for me and quite expensive for so little product.