ECO Logical - Body SPF 30

Filtered by hair type : Straight
 ECO Logical - Body SPF 30

1.7

Active ingredient: Zinc Oxide 22% Inactive ingredients: Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Silicon Dioxide, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Butyrospermum Parkii Seed (Shea) Butter, Euphorbia Antisyphilitica (Candelilla) Wax, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Seed Extract*, Rosa Canina (Rosehips) Seed Oil*, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract*. * = organic

PROS: I have early rosacea and am very ruddy. Most sunscreens bring out the redness terribly. This actually tones my redness down. I read that zinc could do that. I'm blown away, though. Natural ingredients.

CONS: The smell is odd. It's like a very dusty cardboard scent. But I mean, I put up with Philosophy's wet dog scent in the past. ;) May settle into my lines a bit and getting stuck in my pores somewhat unless I'm SUPER careful in rubbing/patting in. Slightly greasy film left, but I am VERY dry skinned, so it's okay. ****UPDATE: I could not get past that smell. It's one of the least important things to me in skincare, but this time, I couldn't get used to it.

ALTERNATES: Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15 is moisturizing but not greasy at all. When I need 30 or above, I use Hawaiaan Tropic's Silk Hydration or some name like that (but it can clog me if I use it for more than a few days in a row, so I only use it when I'm going to be in the sun a lot that day).

PURCHASING TIPS: I can get this cheaper through places like Vitacost.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My boys hate the smell of this sunscreen and I agree. It does smell pretty bad while you are putting it on. Overall, I think it's expensive for the amount of product you get. I also agree with the other reviewer saying that the tube was filled with a lot of air. I will continue to buy BurnOut again next time.

on 9/14/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

One word: GREASY!!!! This sunscreen is probably among the most disappointing I've tried. There are cheaper and better products out there with ingredients just as safe. It's a very thick sunscreen, so it takes some time to blend in and I have to tug at my skin to apply evenly. It does leave a greasy residue that is HARD TO WASH OFF (I always find myself painfully scrubbing my body with loofah whenever I use this) and whenever I touch any skin parts that have the sunscreen on, I can feel the residue on my hands. However, that is not the reason why I won't repurchase. I'm very disappointed in this particular company because my tube of Body SPF 30 came half full.

When it first arrived, the tube looked brand new and my 3.5 oz tube looked full, until I started squeezing out to test it on my body. When I pressed the tube, air came out instead of the sunscreen itself, and after all the air has been squeezed out of the tube, my brand new sunscreen looked less than half-full. I've only used it once and I'm pretty darn sure there's only about 1 oz of product left. If ECO Logical wants to be an honest company and sell products decently, they better start filling up their tubes with the product instead of air. I feel like I've been ripped off and I will not purchase again.