Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

This foundation is getting discontinued which is a shame because I only just purchased it this year and I like it! It's a light-medium buildable to medium coverage. Semi matte finish. Texture is perfect, not too thin like water or thick. Is easy to apply and blend. Is more suitable to oily to combo skin. I have dry skin but can get it to work because it's semi matte. The lasting power isn't too bad, about 5-6 hours before it starts to wear. I have it in the shade 20 which is a good match for my nc20 skin, but sometimes I mix it with a bit of 30 if my skin is really red or I have a lot of breakouts. This covers pretty well without looking like a mask. This foundation is really popular with celebrity makeup artists, I always see and read them use this foundation on celebrities. I read this was the foundation that Brie Larson used during the award season shows this year so it must be good. Chanel does this a lot, always discontinues a product to innovate etc but sometimes it's not always a good move. Cost $89 AUD at Myer.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Made me look like an oompa loompa after 30 minutes! That's all I have to say about this product.

To Read all 421 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I always associate elegance and class with Chanel but this foundation has neither. The SA spent quite some time painting this on me and the results weren't that great under the harsh lights of the Chanel store. My pores looked huge and it settled into fine lines and made me look quite old. I figured he went a bit overboard with application and took a sample so I could try it the next day. By the time I got home (15 min later) my face felt like it had been dipped in cement. I desperately tried to wash it off... To no avail. This stuff sticks like glue. I had to wash my face 5 times over to feel like I got rid of most of it.
I tried it again the next morning and it looked even worse. Immediately washed my face and since it was in better lighting I could see how much remained after washing multiple times! It was totally disgusting.
The whole experience was a big no no for me.

As an aside, I went back to Chanel and tried a different foundation with almost the exact same result. Call me crazy but I expected a great deal more from such a high grade brand.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's been a long time since I could rave about a Chanel product. In the past they were my one and only but they became upstaged by much better quality products. This foundation is perfection all the way. I wasn't looking necessarily for a long wearing foundation since I expected too many compromises that also appear with long wearing lip colour. This has a beautiful finish - not dewy but not matte either - but natural. The product becomes one with your skin and is barely detectable. This is a medium coverage foundation and though I don't need to cover anything up using this with a light hand and the bounce of my beauty blender gave me a cover photo look - but real. I recently went to a concert and even after a long summer night my skin looked as great at the end of the evening as it did at the beginning. I wasn't expecting that! My shade is Rose Beige #22 which thank heavens is a nice neutral. Neutrals are hard to find these days as everyone was on a "yellow" kick and that is just very aging. It sells for $58. and for the look and performance I got it's a bargain.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I went to the Chanel boutique and the sales assistant tried different shades and told me I was a 30 Beige so I bought it, after applying it home I realised it made me look orange!! after a while my face got very oily as well even though it's "oil-free". Awful product and very expensive!

This is my very first foundation and I used it when I have oily skin. It only gives light to medium coverage to me. I suggest applying with fingers cause it's dry pretty fast. The most dangerous part here is that if you're too careless and let some parts of it dry onto your skin before blending it well, you won't be able to rub it off unless you use cleanser. Well, the pro that I love and I think most people with oily skin will love is that it controls oil very very great! Even in my T-zone or my cheekbone, I can rarely feel its greasiness at the end of the day. I normally warm it up on the back of my hand before applying it and it lasts me all day long as well. Lightweight but long lasting. Besides, it doesn't get too darker to notice as the time goes by (I believe every foundation oxidizes and gets darker but this one is acceptable. It looks pretty much the same). It looks like my skin when it's settled and gives me a noticeable matte look. To sum up, It has little but acceptable oxidization, matte and long-lasting finish as it claims and don't forget to apply it to each part of your face at a time!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Skin type: 40 years old. I was oily, oily, oily and acne-prone all my life. My skin is still quite greasy, but my acne has mostly subsided. I get one to three pimples per month. While I still have scars and sunspots, this is the best my skin has ever been. Somehow, I have no wrinkles.

With that being said, this foundation is the best I have ever tried for my skin type. It provides light coverage, but I suspect it is buildable. Looks very natural. I like a minimalist look, so I skip powder and concealer. Half a pump is enough to cover my whole face. Speaking of pumps, I love how hygienic this one is!

My favorite part is that it dries to a satin finish at first but, as the day goes by, the oils in my skin mix with the formula and give me a modern, dewy finish. It looks like my own skin, but better. Not gross, rough and greasy like 99% of the other products I have tried. Just dewy and refined. My co-workers have complimented my skin after I started using it, telling me that I "glow".

One annoying thing: poor color selection!!! The shade Beige 30 is perfect for me most the year. I'm Latin with neutral-warm skin, and my MAC shade is NC30 for reference. I remember going to a resort in Mexico on vacation last year and, when I came back, this was too light for me. I went to my nearest Chanel counter for a darker shade and was dismayed to find out the the shade Beige 40 was PINK. The Beige 50 one was too dark. With that being said, users with yellow undertones around NC42-NC44 may have a hard time finding a match in this formula.

EDIT: I've had this foundation for two years, and I am still a fan. It is whisper-light and so natural it looks like my own skin. In addition, the shade Beige 30 is the most perfect match I have ever found for my skin tone. By far the best foundation I have ever owned!

I still have an issue with the color selection, though. This line has two color families: one with cool/ pink undertones called "Beige Rose", and another geared to customers with yellow/ warm undertones, called "Beige". My complaint is that a lot (if not most) of the shades in the Beige line are still pink, leaving customers with warm undertones with no options.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First off, the counter person gave me the wrong shade - they sold me a pink overtone and I'm a yellow. (Unfortunate thing in the country I bought it in is that we cannot return any products we buy.)
Second, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT - IT BROKE ME OUT. Very bad. The saddest thing is I spent so much on it, and I only applied it once or twice, and now it's rotting somewhere in my makeup bag along with 10 other foundations and powders and what-nots that break me out and that I can never use again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Awful, ESPECIALLY for the price.

I used the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, applied this with my beauty blender, and set it with MAC's Prep and Prime pressed powder.

Application was awful. It was difficult to blend and patchy. The coverage was sheer and couldn't be built upon. My pores still looked big.

30 minutes later, my face was already getting shiny. I kept having to retouch and blot during work. It separated and faded on my cheeks and chin. It cracked around my nostrils. It started turning orange due to how oily I was getting. Just awful.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was much too prompt in my effusive praise of this foundation. Why? On the second day of use it was much too tight and constrictive...not quite as bad as the LancĂ´me Teint Idole that I commented on earlier but anecdotally still unsatisfactory for my skin type.

My skin is normal with a very slight oily "T" zone. Plus, I'm almost 70 years old...Jutta Hermine Hildegard Harden, San Diego, CA

Pros: Applies evenly, but it sits in fine lines despite the fact that according to others I have very fine almost flawless alabaster skin...does have a light-weight texture as advertised...price is relatively fair and reasonable

Cons: Quote the raven...never more at least for me...Why?

On the second day of application [The first day seemed to be fine but realistically not quite as good of a feel as the Sisley Transmat Beige Clair 0 that has been discontinued] I wanted to take it off because it was too tight/far too constrictive almost like plaster...Really!

Previously, I've been an haute couture fashion model and TV spokesperson. Thus, I'm not a make-up expert, but I just didn't fall-off a turnip truck either!

For the purposes of transparency and clarity, however, I need to divulge that I previously used for over 15+ years Sisley Transmat Beige Clair 0 [virtually all botanical] before it was unfortunately discontinued by Sisley. The superseding Sisley make-up unfortunately isn't the correct color for my skin tone.

Plus, to be fair and balanced again anecdotally I just don't think that a long lasting make-up is optimal for someone with very fair and sensitive skin.

Before one purchases this make-up I constructively suggest that one test this make-up for a few days. Bottom line: I don't think that someone especially my age needs a long-lasting make-up. Moreover, I'd like to hear from others as to why they actually prefer a long-lasting make-up/foundation. I'm probably "old school" and I prefer/like to apply a quality make-up and then set it with [control the level of finish with] face powder. My next make-up samples in my new make-up quest will be Armani and La Prairie...Please stay tuned...

Upfront I'm fussy, but when I like a product I like I'm extremely loyal. For example, I previously used for over 15+ years Sisley Transmat Beige Clair 0 [virtually all botanical] before it was unfortunately discontinued by Sisley. The superseding Sisley make-up unfortunately isn't the correct color for my skin tone.

I tried/sampled a considerable number of other make-ups/foundations, but none seemed to compare to my former Sisley foundation. Fortunately, I recently found one that came close. Chanel Perfection Lumiere #12 Beige Rose simply put is "purrfect" for my skin and complexion. At first, I was somewhat reluctant/skeptical to use a Chanel make-up because previously I encountered problems with the fact that the Chanel make-ups had yellow undertones. Fortunately, Chanel seems to have corrected the problem for people with my type of skin and complexion and at least for the time-being I've very satisfied with this Chanel make-up...not too much coverage just right for my alabaster complexion...I'm almost 70 and recently I was carded at a San Diego Nightclub with my husband! Really! "You were born in what year?" I blurted out "Watch your tongue buster!" I haven't had a facelift, I've never used Botox or fillers just perfection personified enhanced by Prussian/Viking genetics/DNA and augmented with an outstanding Chanel make-up...

Jutta Hermine Hildegard Harden