Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Who's the twat who discontinued this masterpiece? WHO? How can you discontinue this holy grail of foundations? If you've got oily skin and pale skin, this is your go-to product. Scour every shop and mall for the remaining bottles of this beauty. It's too good to miss. With this foundation, you don't need powder. Apply it very quickly and watch it transform into a pearly and powdery finish. It's utterly gorgeous. I'm very disappointed in Chanel for discontinuing it.

This foundation is really awesome, perfect for combination oily skin (moderately oily T-zone). I can get at least 10 hours with this, though there is still a little wear, however nothing I'd worry about. Shine will come through about 6 hours in, but again nothing major. A quick blot sorts it out. I've read that people have broken out with it, but I've never found this and I have always had a sensitive skin. Really puzzling to read. Also, that people say its tough to remove. Yes its long lasting which is what it claims and what you want, but again I just use my normal cleanser and its all gone. I don't use primers, but I do lightly powder over top, T-zone only. The colour range is good for lighter skin tones particularly yellow and warmer, but there are also rose beige and darker shades depending on the region you're in. You do need to work fairly quickly because it dries quickly, not mask like though. If you're looking for something natural looking but with staying power and you have a moderately combo oily skin, then you should really like this!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was sadly disappointed by this product. On the pros side, it is indeed matte and stays on well all day (I’m not the kind of person who would expect their foundation to stay immaculate from morning to night, at the same eliminating oil production – in fact, I would be too scared to use such a thing on my skin if it ever existed). Unfortunately, Perfection Lumiere oxidized on me, plus it broke me out. I tried various methods of application; matters got worse when I used primers underneath. I was very sorry to have to throw it away finally, lamenting for the money and time I wasted on it.

This foundation is getting discontinued which is a shame because I only just purchased it this year and I like it! It's a light-medium buildable to medium coverage. Semi matte finish. Texture is perfect, not too thin like water or thick. Is easy to apply and blend. Is more suitable to oily to combo skin. I have dry skin but can get it to work because it's semi matte. The lasting power isn't too bad, about 5-6 hours before it starts to wear. I have it in the shade 20 which is a good match for my nc20 skin, but sometimes I mix it with a bit of 30 if my skin is really red or I have a lot of breakouts. This covers pretty well without looking like a mask. This foundation is really popular with celebrity makeup artists, I always see and read them use this foundation on celebrities. I read this was the foundation that Brie Larson used during the award season shows this year so it must be good. Chanel does this a lot, always discontinues a product to innovate etc but sometimes it's not always a good move. Cost $89 AUD at Myer.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Made me look like an oompa loompa after 30 minutes! That's all I have to say about this product.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I always associate elegance and class with Chanel but this foundation has neither. The SA spent quite some time painting this on me and the results weren't that great under the harsh lights of the Chanel store. My pores looked huge and it settled into fine lines and made me look quite old. I figured he went a bit overboard with application and took a sample so I could try it the next day. By the time I got home (15 min later) my face felt like it had been dipped in cement. I desperately tried to wash it off... To no avail. This stuff sticks like glue. I had to wash my face 5 times over to feel like I got rid of most of it.
I tried it again the next morning and it looked even worse. Immediately washed my face and since it was in better lighting I could see how much remained after washing multiple times! It was totally disgusting.
The whole experience was a big no no for me.

As an aside, I went back to Chanel and tried a different foundation with almost the exact same result. Call me crazy but I expected a great deal more from such a high grade brand.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's been a long time since I could rave about a Chanel product. In the past they were my one and only but they became upstaged by much better quality products. This foundation is perfection all the way. I wasn't looking necessarily for a long wearing foundation since I expected too many compromises that also appear with long wearing lip colour. This has a beautiful finish - not dewy but not matte either - but natural. The product becomes one with your skin and is barely detectable. This is a medium coverage foundation and though I don't need to cover anything up using this with a light hand and the bounce of my beauty blender gave me a cover photo look - but real. I recently went to a concert and even after a long summer night my skin looked as great at the end of the evening as it did at the beginning. I wasn't expecting that! My shade is Rose Beige #22 which thank heavens is a nice neutral. Neutrals are hard to find these days as everyone was on a "yellow" kick and that is just very aging. It sells for $58. and for the look and performance I got it's a bargain.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I went to the Chanel boutique and the sales assistant tried different shades and told me I was a 30 Beige so I bought it, after applying it home I realised it made me look orange!! after a while my face got very oily as well even though it's "oil-free". Awful product and very expensive!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Skin type: 40 years old. I was oily, oily, oily and acne-prone all my life. My skin is still quite greasy, but my acne has mostly subsided. I get one to three pimples per month. While I still have scars and sunspots, this is the best my skin has ever been. Somehow, I have no wrinkles.

With that being said, this foundation is the best I have ever tried for my skin type. It provides light coverage, but I suspect it is buildable. Looks very natural. I like a minimalist look, so I skip powder and concealer. Half a pump is enough to cover my whole face. Speaking of pumps, I love how hygienic this one is!

My favorite part is that it dries to a satin finish at first but, as the day goes by, the oils in my skin mix with the formula and give me a modern, dewy finish. It looks like my own skin, but better. Not gross, rough and greasy like 99% of the other products I have tried. Just dewy and refined. My co-workers have complimented my skin after I started using it, telling me that I "glow".

One annoying thing: poor color selection!!! The shade Beige 30 is perfect for me most the year. I'm Latin with neutral-warm skin, and my MAC shade is NC30 for reference. I remember going to a resort in Mexico on vacation last year and, when I came back, this was too light for me. I went to my nearest Chanel counter for a darker shade and was dismayed to find out the the shade Beige 40 was PINK. The Beige 50 one was too dark. With that being said, users with yellow undertones around NC42-NC44 may have a hard time finding a match in this formula.

EDIT: I've had this foundation for two years, and I am still a fan. It is whisper-light and so natural it looks like my own skin. In addition, the shade Beige 30 is the most perfect match I have ever found for my skin tone. By far the best foundation I have ever owned!

I still have an issue with the color selection, though. This line has two color families: one with cool/ pink undertones called "Beige Rose", and another geared to customers with yellow/ warm undertones, called "Beige". My complaint is that a lot (if not most) of the shades in the Beige line are still pink, leaving customers with warm undertones with no options.

This is my very first foundation and I used it when I have oily skin. It only gives light to medium coverage to me. I suggest applying with fingers cause it's dry pretty fast. The most dangerous part here is that if you're too careless and let some parts of it dry onto your skin before blending it well, you won't be able to rub it off unless you use cleanser. Well, the pro that I love and I think most people with oily skin will love is that it controls oil very very great! Even in my T-zone or my cheekbone, I can rarely feel its greasiness at the end of the day. I normally warm it up on the back of my hand before applying it and it lasts me all day long as well. Lightweight but long lasting. Besides, it doesn't get too darker to notice as the time goes by (I believe every foundation oxidizes and gets darker but this one is acceptable. It looks pretty much the same). It looks like my skin when it's settled and gives me a noticeable matte look. To sum up, It has little but acceptable oxidization, matte and long-lasting finish as it claims and don't forget to apply it to each part of your face at a time!