Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus All-Smooth Makeup

3.8

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 2.90% [] octocrylene 2.00% inactive ingredients: water [] methyl trimethicone [] phenyl trimethicone [] dimethicone [] triethylhexanoin [] butylene glycol [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] peg-10 dimethicone [] lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone [] glycerin [] alumina [] astrocaryum murumuru seed butter [] whey protein\lactis protein\prot?ine du petit-lait [] sigesbeckia orientalis (st. paul's wort) extract [] micrococcus lysate [] acetyl hexapeptide-8 [] sodium hyaluronate [] palmitoyl oligopeptide [] sodium myristoyl sarcosinate [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] sodium chloride [] tocopheryl acetate [] acetyl glucosamine [] glyceryl polymethacrylate [] methicone [] disteardimonium hectorite [] lecithin [] dimethicone crosspolymer-3 [] peg-8 [] laureth-7 [] dipropylene glycol [] disodium edta [] polyaminopropyl biguanide [] phenoxyethanol [] [ /- mica [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163)] (September 2011 - first formulation)

I love this foundation, it's my favourite foundation ever.
I have a very sensitive skin and i break out fast, but this foundation didn't make me break out. I feel like it even makes my skin better.
The finish is also amazing and so is the coverage! The foundation also stays on all day.
The only negative thing is that the colour is a little bit too dark for me in the winter.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

lovr it!! Great long wear formula without drying. Satin finish without the shine

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is probably my favorite winter foundation! (It's a little too dewy on me for summer.) It gives me an even, sheer coverage that doesn't cake, which I adore. The color blends perfectly into my natural skin tone and blurs out any inperfections. The only thing I dislike is that I do have to wear setting powder with it, and i really try avoid as much product layering as possible. I wouldn't recommend if you had oily, problematic skin. But on my 40-something, normal/dry winter skin it is just perfect!

Oh, Clinique, how I love thee, let thy count the ways...
So enough bad run ins with mediocre drug store foundations pushed me to try better quality make up. First I used Kat von d, which is a worthy foundation, just a bit too much for me. So I tried clinique. And I'm in love. And I'm such a foundation junkie, and I'm very picky and snobbish because everything generally looks like crap on my skin after a couple hours. My facial skin is soooo far from perfect. This was the perfect coverage for me- not too thick, but just enough to cover my imperfections without having to use concealer. It lasts me pretty much all day (all day to me is an eight hr work shift). I love that my skin looks glowy when I use it (though not oily). And the price! As far as high end make up goes, I feel that this is more affordable than other brands that do the same thing or less, and when I bought this Clinique hooked me up with a free gift bag that had about five small but awesome make up gifts in it, which to a bargain oriented girl like me is a biggie! I am also paranoid of my aging skin- I just hit 30, never wore sunscreen on my face, can see the wrinkles and age spots coming in, and this hides that well without settling into my wrinkles. It really helps if you're concerned about your agin skin, plus this has a built in spf! Anyways, I'm not one to care if it comes with a pump or not, and this doesn't, but there weren't any probs with the packaging.
Recently I ran out, and was at wal mart and figured I would give drug store foundation another shot. Revlon airbrush photo ready. Big mistake. Revlon 24 hr color stay is the foundation that initially pushed me to try better foundation. Again, another terrible product that doesn't blend at all and just ends up an oily mess. So I went to Macys and got a bunch of samples. I've tried Nars, Estee lauder bb and cc creams so far (the cc was good, just VERY pricey). I have been so disappointed because none of them have worked as well as this product. I still have Mac, a couple other of clinique foundations, Lancôme, smashbox, and MUFE samples to try, but with Cliniques cost being so low and the quality so high, I am almost certain I'm just going to buy this again after my samples run out.
My ONLY complaint is that this foundation is a bit orange for me. The color is close, but just a bit too orange, but It's not so drastic that I'm complaining, just stating the facts.
I apply this with a basic make up sponge on top of either an spf sunblock or a moisturizer (both of which currently are also Clinique products) and finish the application with a basic powder (maybelline fit) to set my foundation and I get an all day lasting effect.
I love this product. I will def buy it again.

The lightest shade was way too orange on me. It was a little too dark but mostly just so so orange. It is unbelievable really why a very fair shade would be so orange. I would say this foundation is a bit hydrating to the skin but it's just not very good at all in my opinion. I totally agreed with everything madeupmary the reviewer just before me said about this foundation. I suggest you skip this one and continue looking. I use to trust clinique products until the superprimer that is nothing but silicone broke me out. Silicone is not good for the skin and I am very disappointed in clinique and I no longer trust their products. I am loving all things nars lately.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hated this foundation. I have been looking for a new foundation and I loved it in the shop. I wanted a long lasting foundation that was good for dry skin, not an easy ask. I was worried that the colour, the lightest shade was too dark but the sales assistant said there were no lighter shades and was quite pushy, saying how nice it looked on my skin. I wish I'd asked for a sample as when I applied it myself it looked very dark for me, especially in natural light. It did last longer than the average foundation but I didn't like the smell of the foundation, it smelt like paint and felt very heavy on my skin, even when blended with a sponge. It just goes to prove that a more expensive foundation isn't always best!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I wore Repair Wear for years before Clinique changed the formula. The "new" Repair Wear, which I tried when it first came out, was a big disappointment.

Did not find a good color match. SA tried a couple of shades closest to my skin tone, and each one oxidized within minutes. Burnt orange looks pretty on a leaf, but not on a face.

Foundation settled into fine lines, didn't feel hydrating, finish looked blotchy (not due to uneven skin tone, but the foundation) and coverage minimal.

Noticed women on MakeupAlley are very pleased with this foundation. Glad when one finds their HG foundation, but it didn't work well on my skin at all.

I am nearing the end of my second bottle of this lovely foundation. I have flirted now and then with others (Mac, Paula Dorf, most recently Boots No. 7), but I always seem to return to Clinique. I started many years ago with their pore-minimizer formula (the original one that was a powder suspension) - great for my then-oily skin. Now, my skin is dry and sun-damaged, and Repairwear makes it look much better.

What I like:
- texture makes it easy to apply with a brush
- blends well, doesn't dry too fast
- compatible with my moisturizer
- medium coverage hides my lines and uneven pigmentation
- the way my skin feels after wearing it all day

What I wish I could change:
- a little pricey
- packaging, wish it had a pump dispenser

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

pros:
- doesnt break me out
- moisturizing
- feels light
- medium coverage
- healthy glow on the skin
- looks natural, does not cake
- easy to apply and remove

cons:
- doesn't last the whole day (which is 7 hours for me)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got a sample of this in my search to find a few foundations I will re buy.I have sooo many just ok okay drugstore foundations that I usually throw away almost ful.they worked fine for a bit but I wanted more so ive now moved on to "higher end" in hopes that I can find something worthy of full use&a repeat buy (2bad the nearest makeup counter is 8hrs away..or it could be good depending on how u look at it)This is gonna be a buy for me&I can actually see myself using it a lot.it covers nicely, the color I was matched to was#4 wich actually was too light when I got the sample but my summer tan faded a lot quicker then usual&now it matches really well not as good a match as nars wich is the only foundation ive gotten a perfect match in(sadley I had 2 return that as it found my pores)but better then most.this leaves a nice glow that I was looking for without being shimmery or too oily looking, just kinda a natural fresh face.it lasted well, all day for me not DW lasting but I still think 6hrs+ is pretty good i didnt set with powder (i hate powder, clings for me)&no primer just sum lotion overall for me this makes a well lasting everyday foundation.it even kept my dry nose corners from poping up midday.i look forward to adding it to my rotation..