Essence Brow Designer

Essence Brow Designer

4.3

on 8/15/2017 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was suprised to see everyone loves this eyebrow pen since I dislike mine. The colour is good, but it's very breakable and if I sharpen it to a fine point I can be sure it will break when I touch my brow. Therefore, I could never have a fine tip and would always have problems with doing the narrow end of my brow, couldn't get right into the tip because the pencil was too thick. And I think it fades pretty fast, not sure about that though, I didn't pay that much attention to that part. So yeah all in all pretty breakable and it gets used up faster because it keeps breaking that much,

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Essence's brow pencil is a nice, affordable option, especially for those on a tight budget or if you're new to filling in your brows. It is a wooden pencil with a plastic cap (which also has a small brush attached.) Wooden pencils are nice because you can sharpen it to a fine point to get more detailed strokes. The formula is pretty creamy, so it isn't quite as long-lasting as a stiffer formula, but again, it is a very affordable option and it is easy enough to touch up in case it does fade. The main downside is that they do not offer a wide range of shades, but it does cover the most common brow/hair colors. Otherwise, this is a solid buy if you have medium or dark hair/brows, especially given the price.

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Im sorry but this is a terrible pencil. Go save up and buy a decent one like mac spiked or smashbox Rimmel and Nyx do better ones. Its not waxy at all and it does not twist up its like using an eye pencil. On the upside the price is fabulous and i guess thats the reason why it isnt so awesome. My final thoughts....ok pencil if you are not used to better ones i strongly suggest saving and getting a better one tho

on 7/7/2016 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this in 02 dark brown, which is a slightly cool toned deep brown, though it could actually be a bit cooler to be a better match for me. It is definitely not red, but does lean just a touch red in comparison to other ashier brow products. The pencil is somewhat creamy and has great pigmentation. That being said, I'd recommend starting with a light hand to see how it works because the color payoff is pretty intense. This isn't the greatest pencil if you need to draw fine individual hairs, but if you're looking to fill in sparse areas or add definition to improve overall shape, this would work fine.
The longevity has been good, getting me through at least a working day with no touchups on my very oily skin. I like the convenience of the brush on the cap. The brush won't win any awards, but it is handy.
I've tried many other pencils, and they are often too red, or too hard and dry, or slide off my oily face during the day. This one works great.
Let's not forget the price either! I believe I paid 99 euro cents for this pencil, and it quickly became my go to brow product for everyday wear.
I highly recommend to try this. It comes in 4 shades with varying tones from cooler to warmer. And if it doesn't work out, it was 99 cents.

on 6/19/2016 12:12:00 PM

Great product, fills in brows perfectly. I have the light blonde and blonde pencils which I bounce between and I shape with the Essence Me Brow eyebrow brush. I will repurchase for as long as possible.

on 6/22/2016 1:37:00 PM

Very nice, the blonde shade goes perfectly with my brows. Well pigmented and is easy to draw with. The brush on the cap is a bit unnecessary in my opinion, but overall this pencil is great for the price.

on 12/12/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good, basic eyebrow pencil that does the job. I have the lightest shade and it works great for me. Would recommend.

on 3/25/2016 4:50:00 AM

Just a basic eyebrow pencil here! No complaints!

For $2AUD you can't go wrong. Well pigmented and smooth in application I use this pencil everyday and keep it in my hand bag so I can apply it anywhere (I'm notorious for running late and applying makeup in my car). My only complaint would be that they only have two colours.

on 5/11/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's a very standard eyebrow pencil, nothing really makes it stand out.
I've used it for about 3 years now and I still stick with it since I can't find a better pencil.

I have it in the shade 02 brown and it suits me quite well. It has a spoolie on the cap which you can use to blend out the harsh lines.

Now unfortunately it DOES NOT last well on oily skin at all and it's not waterproof. Since I have a very oily forehead I can't really go through a whole day without touch ups, otherwise I would walk around with a blotchy uneven mess above my eyes.

There's not much else to say about this product. I'd recommend this for folks with dry and normal skin on their forehead, but for us oilies out there this is a no-no. But hey, it's dirt cheap so it could be worth a shot for oily skins too.

Popular Brows Products