Essence Brow Designer

Essence Brow Designer

4.4

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Im sorry but this is a terrible pencil. Go save up and buy a decent one like mac spiked or smashbox Rimmel and Nyx do better ones. Its not waxy at all and it does not twist up its like using an eye pencil. On the upside the price is fabulous and i guess thats the reason why it isnt so awesome. My final thoughts....ok pencil if you are not used to better ones i strongly suggest saving and getting a better one tho

on 7/7/2016 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this in 02 dark brown, which is a slightly cool toned deep brown, though it could actually be a bit cooler to be a better match for me. It is definitely not red, but does lean just a touch red in comparison to other ashier brow products. The pencil is somewhat creamy and has great pigmentation. That being said, I'd recommend starting with a light hand to see how it works because the color payoff is pretty intense. This isn't the greatest pencil if you need to draw fine individual hairs, but if you're looking to fill in sparse areas or add definition to improve overall shape, this would work fine.
The longevity has been good, getting me through at least a working day with no touchups on my very oily skin. I like the convenience of the brush on the cap. The brush won't win any awards, but it is handy.
I've tried many other pencils, and they are often too red, or too hard and dry, or slide off my oily face during the day. This one works great.
Let's not forget the price either! I believe I paid 99 euro cents for this pencil, and it quickly became my go to brow product for everyday wear.
I highly recommend to try this. It comes in 4 shades with varying tones from cooler to warmer. And if it doesn't work out, it was 99 cents.

To Read all 64 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/22/2016 1:37:00 PM

Very nice, the blonde shade goes perfectly with my brows. Well pigmented and is easy to draw with. The brush on the cap is a bit unnecessary in my opinion, but overall this pencil is great for the price.

on 6/19/2016 12:12:00 PM

Great product, fills in brows perfectly. I have the light blonde and blonde pencils which I bounce between and I shape with the Essence Me Brow eyebrow brush. I will repurchase for as long as possible.

on 5/11/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's a very standard eyebrow pencil, nothing really makes it stand out.
I've used it for about 3 years now and I still stick with it since I can't find a better pencil.

I have it in the shade 02 brown and it suits me quite well. It has a spoolie on the cap which you can use to blend out the harsh lines.

Now unfortunately it DOES NOT last well on oily skin at all and it's not waterproof. Since I have a very oily forehead I can't really go through a whole day without touch ups, otherwise I would walk around with a blotchy uneven mess above my eyes.

There's not much else to say about this product. I'd recommend this for folks with dry and normal skin on their forehead, but for us oilies out there this is a no-no. But hey, it's dirt cheap so it could be worth a shot for oily skins too.

For $2AUD you can't go wrong. Well pigmented and smooth in application I use this pencil everyday and keep it in my hand bag so I can apply it anywhere (I'm notorious for running late and applying makeup in my car). My only complaint would be that they only have two colours.

on 3/25/2016 4:50:00 AM

Just a basic eyebrow pencil here! No complaints!

on 12/12/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good, basic eyebrow pencil that does the job. I have the lightest shade and it works great for me. Would recommend.

on 11/12/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my go to eyebrow pencil since I bought it! I have used it every single day. It does a great job at filling in my eyebrows and shaping them a bit. It's great for everyday use! I bought a few products from essence at ulta and I am so pleased with all of them! I am so pleased with this product and essence overall. Seriously BUY THISSS!

on 10/31/2015 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product is perfect for me. I've been using the NYX Eyebrow cake powder for a while and to be honest, I've gotten quite bored with it. So since I wanted to try more
Essence makeup, I picked this pencil up (in the shade 04 Blonde) and gave it a whirl.
Perfect shade for me and my light brown hair, my eyebrows look like my eyebrows, but better. It's easy to just quickly fill my brows in with light strokes and it looks natural (which I love rocking the natural look). I love the little brush on the cap of the pencil, it gets those hairs in order the way you want them. I like how it's also a pencil you have to sharpen, too. I find that twistable pencils break easier when applying too much pressure, or even using it at a wrong angle. So for under $5 CDN, I'd say I found my HG brow pencil. I am absolutely loving Essence products right now, so this is a big win for me.

Popular Brows Products