essence Lip Liner

essence Lip Liner
Lip LinerLip LinerLip Liner

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I swatched one on my wrist last night while shopping and this morning the swatch is still there! I have washed my hands several times since this. The formula is nice and creamy - not dry. They have some pretty nude colors and the price can't be beat. There is no reason to spend a lot of money on higher end brands of lip liner when these are available. Sometimes I use them as an all over lip color - more like a lipstick -- if I want a matte lip and I get a lot of compliments when I do.

on 9/21/2018 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

My daughter thinks they're great, so something has happened to quality control, because mine is so dry I can't drag it across my bottom lip without a disfiguring movement of the mouth. To the bin.

Target by my house was eliminating Essence from plan-o-gram. I like these liners so much I helped them out by purchasing all of the liners at the sweet clearance price.

I love the formula of these, they glide on the lips beautifully and last a long time. For the price, you can't beat it, they're possibly the best at the drugstore. I only wish they would expand their range and switch to a twist up style pencil instead of a sharpener kind. Definitely a good choice though. The nude shade and the femme fatale shade are amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My favourite is #05 Soft Berry. Soft and so easy to apply. Sometimes I draw the outline and rub it so I don't need to add lipstick. I just add some lipgloss. I always get asked what lipstick colour I'm wearing but it's only lipliner and lipgloss. I couldn't find stock the one time and bought 3 just to make sure I don't run out

on 3/16/2018 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't personally wear lip liners but I tried this one (shades Femme Fatale and In The Nude) and I wasn't impressed. I dislike having to sharpen it. The color range is limited. It's quite dry, definitely not as creamy as I'd like. The only pro is the cost.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought four shades of this the same day this month: 05 Soft Berry, 07 Cute Pink, 11 In The Nude, 12 Wish Me A Rose.

I was looking for lip liners I can use as a lipstick too. I rarely wear make-up and usually my lipsticks expire before I could even use half a tube. I like wearing different colors but don't want to spend money on something I will rarely use, you know. Sometimes I wear a lipstick just to take a selfie or something, so I don't even really need it to stay on my lips for long.

I read couple make-up bloggers saying they use Essence lip liners as a lipstick so I thought I would give it a try. It's cheap after all. In my experience though, it is really not good to use as a lipstick or even a lip liner. Granted I only used a lip liner from two other brands; Golden Rose (the ones that have Emily written on them) and Max Factor (the one that only has Lip Liner written on it). My comparison is only with these two brands but out of the tree, Essence is by far the most difficult to apply. I needed to go through my lips and the corner of my lips multiple times and every part looked in a different shade. Not a dealbreaker with the pinkish ones that is close to my own lip color but no way I can use the darker one again, the difference was too much. It will now be a painting pen.

If you want to try maybe don't do it like me and buy four, instead try with just one I would say.

on 10/27/2017 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My favourite lipliner of all time. I think I own all the shades. Consistently good product. Repurchased it many times. Creamy yet longlasting, lovely shade selection (although I wish there were more nudey-natural shades). Just amazing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

What am I missing here guys? Or has the quality of these gone down lately? I bought two from Ulta last week and I was so surprised that they were so dry and hard especially since they were made in Germany. Germany liners of any kind are usually very good. After buying them based on the reviews on MUA and trying them, I was surprised so I let them sit for a couple days and tried again. I even sharpened them. Erg! My experience is so bad! I don’t know what to say other than there are so many better liners out there.

on 9/22/2017 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm really grateful when I get honest reviews like these because I get to save money on good products like these. A lipliner like this would last me about five years because i wear lipliner maybe a few times a month. I have spent so much time trying to find the right makeup but that will be impossible because many of the reviews are not genuine but for marketing reasons and people have different opinions and preferences so I will only trust my own judgement. YouTube beauty gurus have confused me at times when they rave about certain products and when I try them, It is really not for me. So I decided to graduate out of youtubes and do my own research. In conclusion, we do not need a lot of make up. We do not need to own a lot of make up. Some people own ridiculous amount of make up that would last more than 50 lifetimes to use . There is more to life than shallow makeup. Less is more. There are so many beatu gurus that look best with minimal makeup . All we really need is a good foundation , smudgeproof liner and a good lipstick (although I rarely wear lipstick) My mom gets compliments for her skin. She does not use eyeshadow, not primer nor face powder. She rarely uses eyeliner and hates MASCARA. She owns no highlighter, she doesn't know what a bronzer is, hates lipgloss or glitter. She still has face powder that she had thirty years ago. So I could not learn from her any makeup tricks. The trick is beauty from inside. Less is more. My face can't take all the makeup YouTube beauty gurus say we should put on. Nor I want to spend that much time and money in makeup. It takes me three minutes or less to put make up on and that will not change.
I will keep trying new products because I still want to find the perfect eyeliner.
I still haven't found the right lip colour so I always make my own mix which I don't mind but isn't natural colour the best?
I'm just coming out of depression and I thought makeup would help but really, makeup is just make up. There is no depth in it. Sure it helps with confidence a bit but its limited. Can makeup change the world? Nope. We are helping those companies get more profit who are brainwashing us to spend money on this and that because it will make us more beautiful . But that is not true. I think my mom is beautiful without eyeshadow or, mascara or this and that. People compliment her when she wears minimal makeup. She probably spends less that hundred dollars a year on makeup yet she is so beautiful. She does live a role model lifestyle though. But if everyone would live her lifestyle, world economy will be destroyed starting with fast foods and unhealthy restaurants. Only handful cosmetics company would survive. All scented products from candles, lotions to perfumes, air fresheners would go bankrupt. Essential oils and all healthy natural product selling companies would survive.
Most cleaning products would disappear. We only use vinegar , bleach and dish detergent to clean and disinfect. I guess same thing goes with food. Excess food is a waste to many people which is probably true. I guess we all have different way of distressing.