Essence Lip Liner

Lip LinerLip LinerLip Liner

4.4

on 3/27/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These are GREAT for a cheap lip liner! If you can find them in stock (Target) - grab 'em! I have them in "In the nude" and "soft berry" and they are beautiful colors, go on easily and last. Going to pick up Satin Mauve next. Only reason I docked a lippie is because I wish these were retractable vs. an actual pencil, but I guess for the cheaper price, it's worth it. Essence does have a retractable, but they are a dollar more.

on 3/23/2017 11:36:00 PM

I have femme fatal and satin mauve. I love these. Femme fatal would be nicely paired with mac ruby woo. They both look good together. The lead glides well and very pigmented. Satin mauve is a muted rose with natural undertone. I love it when I mix satin mauve & bobbi brown lip liner in brownie pink. Natural -nudes-mauve are just so trending now. These babies are so cheap! But they can be a bit drying. I'm resolute in buying affordable make up/ dupes now just to save money. And to this quest ,I discovered some really good quality drugstore brands at par with high end brands & work just as well. I highly recommend.
ps I'm off to buy other shades, honey bun and soft berry! I'm hooked!

on 3/4/2017 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Comparable to MAC lipliners and dirt cheap! Satin Mauve looks absolutely beautiful on the lip. I think it works well with my NC15 complexion as a slightly darker, but still very natural shade. It's not very creamy, but it is nicely pigmented and not rock-hard like other (more expensive) drugstore liners. For the price I really can't complain!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just repurchased and yes, they are a harder than the old formula...but only at the start. After I applied them once, they softened and are pretty close to the old formula. They come in all the basic shades and they are darn good and dirt cheap. I was a M.A.C. girl for decades until I bought my first Essence lip liner.

When you have this product for this price.... I mean.
I just wish they would come out with more colours, but they're just very, very good.

on 1/22/2017 6:42:00 AM

I see there a lot of complaints about the new formula, and I`ve never tried it so I cannot compare, but I rather like these lip liners. I own Satin Mauve, Femme Fatale, Red Blush and Cute Pink. They`re dirt cheap, creamier than other drugstore products I`ve experimented with, and do a damn good job of lining. My lips are finicky and dry and prone to flaking, but I`m not afraid to wear these on their own with a helping of balm or gloss. I would definitely repurchase.

on 1/16/2017 10:55:00 PM

i have a lot of them and i love them!!!

on 1/6/2017 5:57:00 AM

Formula has changed. They are now dry and difficult to apply. Sad.

After the recent formula change I don't think I'm going to purchase another color.
I've had this pencil in the shade "Wish me a rose", (purchased about a year ago). Two weeks ago I accidentally purchased the same shade. The packaging is different- the cap is not silver anymore but same as the liner itself. It's a completely different product! New one is darker and brighter. It's not as creamy- it's hard and actually tugs my lips, I can't wear it on its own (unlike previous one) because it accentuates every fine line on my lips.
I tried to google the ingredients and compare both and from what I've noticed it seems the formula has indeed changed! Why change something if it's not broken?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had the poor judgement to purchase Cute Pink. Worst lipliner I've ever used! It was impossibly dry, ridiculously hard, had very little pigment and skipped even on my very moisturized lips. Even warming it up between my finger tips didn't help this. Utter garbage. I guess this is an example of "you get what you pay for". I'll stick to Jordana, Rimmel, Nyx and MAC.

Popular Lip Liners