Essence Lip Liner

Essence Lip Liner
Lip LinerLip LinerLip Liner

4.4

on 4/29/2017 3:02:00 PM

These can't be beat for the price...In the late 90's, early 2000's I must have accumulated at least 50 MAC lip liners, and swore by them, they are still great, but for $3 or less on sale, Essence is a great option...Today I'm older and wiser, and while I still love high-end makeup, now I know when spending the extra $ is really necessary ..With liners from Essence, NYX and Rimmel, it's not necessary on liners anymore...I always stock up on Essence liners when Ulta has them BOGO half off...Definitely recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have perpetually flaky lips (wonderful, I know), no matter how much I moisturize or exfoliate. I had given up on lip liners as I'd always thought they would just accentuate the dryness and the ones I had tried had sadly confirmed this. But, as the make up addict I am, I decided it wouldn't hurt to try these, especially given the low price. I have In the Nude and it is the only nude lip liner I will EVER buy.
It's comfortable, has great pigmentation while still soft and good for layering under lipsticks. It suits my fair skin and doesn't make me look like a dried up ghost.
As long as they make this, I will buy it.

on 3/27/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These are GREAT for a cheap lip liner! If you can find them in stock (Target) - grab 'em! I have them in "In the nude" and "soft berry" and they are beautiful colors, go on easily and last. Going to pick up Satin Mauve next. Only reason I docked a lippie is because I wish these were retractable vs. an actual pencil, but I guess for the cheaper price, it's worth it. Essence does have a retractable, but they are a dollar more.

on 3/23/2017 11:36:00 PM

I have femme fatal and satin mauve. I love these. Femme fatal would be nicely paired with mac ruby woo. They both look good together. The lead glides well and very pigmented. Satin mauve is a muted rose with natural undertone. I love it when I mix satin mauve & bobbi brown lip liner in brownie pink. Natural -nudes-mauve are just so trending now. These babies are so cheap! But they can be a bit drying. I'm resolute in buying affordable make up/ dupes now just to save money. And to this quest ,I discovered some really good quality drugstore brands at par with high end brands & work just as well. I highly recommend.
ps I'm off to buy other shades, honey bun and soft berry! I'm hooked!

on 3/4/2017 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Comparable to MAC lipliners and dirt cheap! Satin Mauve looks absolutely beautiful on the lip. I think it works well with my NC15 complexion as a slightly darker, but still very natural shade. It's not very creamy, but it is nicely pigmented and not rock-hard like other (more expensive) drugstore liners. For the price I really can't complain!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just repurchased and yes, they are a harder than the old formula...but only at the start. After I applied them once, they softened and are pretty close to the old formula. They come in all the basic shades and they are darn good and dirt cheap. I was a M.A.C. girl for decades until I bought my first Essence lip liner.

When you have this product for this price.... I mean.
I just wish they would come out with more colours, but they're just very, very good.

on 1/22/2017 6:42:00 AM

I see there a lot of complaints about the new formula, and I`ve never tried it so I cannot compare, but I rather like these lip liners. I own Satin Mauve, Femme Fatale, Red Blush and Cute Pink. They`re dirt cheap, creamier than other drugstore products I`ve experimented with, and do a damn good job of lining. My lips are finicky and dry and prone to flaking, but I`m not afraid to wear these on their own with a helping of balm or gloss. I would definitely repurchase.

on 1/16/2017 10:55:00 PM

i have a lot of them and i love them!!!

on 1/6/2017 5:57:00 AM

Formula has changed. They are now dry and difficult to apply. Sad.