Essence Lip Liner

Lip LinerLip LinerLip Liner

4.3

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

What am I missing here guys? Or has the quality of these gone down lately? I bought two from Ulta last week and I was so surprised that they were so dry and hard especially since they were made in Germany. Germany liners of any kind are usually very good. After buying them based on the reviews on MUA and trying them, I was surprised so I let them sit for a couple days and tried again. I even sharpened them. Erg! My experience is so bad! I don’t know what to say other than there are so many better liners out there.

on 9/22/2017 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm really grateful when I get honest reviews like these because I get to save money on good products like these. A lipliner like this would last me about five years because i wear lipliner maybe a few times a month. I have spent so much time trying to find the right makeup but that will be impossible because many of the reviews are not genuine but for marketing reasons and people have different opinions and preferences so I will only trust my own judgement. YouTube beauty gurus have confused me at times when they rave about certain products and when I try them, It is really not for me. So I decided to graduate out of youtubes and do my own research. In conclusion, we do not need a lot of make up. We do not need to own a lot of make up. Some people own ridiculous amount of make up that would last more than 50 lifetimes to use . There is more to life than shallow makeup. Less is more. There are so many beatu gurus that look best with minimal makeup . All we really need is a good foundation , smudgeproof liner and a good lipstick (although I rarely wear lipstick) My mom gets compliments for her skin. She does not use eyeshadow, not primer nor face powder. She rarely uses eyeliner and hates MASCARA. She owns no highlighter, she doesn't know what a bronzer is, hates lipgloss or glitter. She still has face powder that she had thirty years ago. So I could not learn from her any makeup tricks. The trick is beauty from inside. Less is more. My face can't take all the makeup YouTube beauty gurus say we should put on. Nor I want to spend that much time and money in makeup. It takes me three minutes or less to put make up on and that will not change.
I will keep trying new products because I still want to find the perfect eyeliner.
I still haven't found the right lip colour so I always make my own mix which I don't mind but isn't natural colour the best?
I'm just coming out of depression and I thought makeup would help but really, makeup is just make up. There is no depth in it. Sure it helps with confidence a bit but its limited. Can makeup change the world? Nope. We are helping those companies get more profit who are brainwashing us to spend money on this and that because it will make us more beautiful . But that is not true. I think my mom is beautiful without eyeshadow or, mascara or this and that. People compliment her when she wears minimal makeup. She probably spends less that hundred dollars a year on makeup yet she is so beautiful. She does live a role model lifestyle though. But if everyone would live her lifestyle, world economy will be destroyed starting with fast foods and unhealthy restaurants. Only handful cosmetics company would survive. All scented products from candles, lotions to perfumes, air fresheners would go bankrupt. Essential oils and all healthy natural product selling companies would survive.
Most cleaning products would disappear. We only use vinegar , bleach and dish detergent to clean and disinfect. I guess same thing goes with food. Excess food is a waste to many people which is probably true. I guess we all have different way of distressing.

on 7/19/2017 4:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have searched for a nude long lasting lip liner,because I ran out of my old one and it is everyday use product for me.
I found this one has a nice nude colour in 11 shade and find out it is sooo cheap. I was amazed with the quality of it - it glides on smoothly, smudge-proof, beautiful shade range ad is quite long lasting.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have perpetually flaky lips (wonderful, I know), no matter how much I moisturize or exfoliate. I had given up on lip liners as I'd always thought they would just accentuate the dryness and the ones I had tried had sadly confirmed this. But, as the make up addict I am, I decided it wouldn't hurt to try these, especially given the low price. I have In the Nude and it is the only nude lip liner I will EVER buy.
It's comfortable, has great pigmentation while still soft and good for layering under lipsticks. It suits my fair skin and doesn't make me look like a dried up ghost.
As long as they make this, I will buy it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried these in the colour Honey Berry, Satin Mauve and In The Nude. Honey Berry is a beautiful berry red with purple and is really flattering. Satin mauve is a more cool purple which can make some skin tones look a bit grey. In The Nude is a nude colour which is a little bit lighter than my actual lips. I love these. I think they're so pigmented and really buttery. I love to wear Satin Mauve and Honey Berry on their own without putting over a lipstick or gloss. In The Nude is wearable on its own, but works well under any other lipstick and makes that lipstick more radiant. Because of the creamy texture they mix well with the lipstick you'd put on top, it almost mixes the pencil and the lipstick together. Which is fun to make new colour combinations. However they do not stay on at all. It seems like that's the price you have to pay for the creamy texture. Be prepared to leave stains on glasses and lose all of the colour while eating. You have to re-apply this all the time. However the colour of these, just makes it all worth it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

These lipliners are very nice. They aren't too soft, too dry, or too stiff, and they wear really well. I do wish that the shade range were wider, but that's my only major complaint. The cap is just grey/silvery plastic, so they don't feel super-nice in terms of the packaging, but it is okay for the price. All in all, these are good staple lipliners that are super-affordable and fairly easy to access in the US due to the line being available at Ulta.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just repurchased and yes, they are a harder than the old formula...but only at the start. After I applied them once, they softened and are pretty close to the old formula. They come in all the basic shades and they are darn good and dirt cheap. I was a M.A.C. girl for decades until I bought my first Essence lip liner.

on 3/27/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These are GREAT for a cheap lip liner! If you can find them in stock (Target) - grab 'em! I have them in "In the nude" and "soft berry" and they are beautiful colors, go on easily and last. Going to pick up Satin Mauve next. Only reason I docked a lippie is because I wish these were retractable vs. an actual pencil, but I guess for the cheaper price, it's worth it. Essence does have a retractable, but they are a dollar more.

on 3/23/2017 11:36:00 PM

I have femme fatal and satin mauve. I love these. Femme fatal would be nicely paired with mac ruby woo. They both look good together. The lead glides well and very pigmented. Satin mauve is a muted rose with natural undertone. I love it when I mix satin mauve & bobbi brown lip liner in brownie pink. Natural -nudes-mauve are just so trending now. These babies are so cheap! But they can be a bit drying. I'm resolute in buying affordable make up/ dupes now just to save money. And to this quest ,I discovered some really good quality drugstore brands at par with high end brands & work just as well. I highly recommend.
ps I'm off to buy other shades, honey bun and soft berry! I'm hooked!

on 3/4/2017 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Comparable to MAC lipliners and dirt cheap! Satin Mauve looks absolutely beautiful on the lip. I think it works well with my NC15 complexion as a slightly darker, but still very natural shade. It's not very creamy, but it is nicely pigmented and not rock-hard like other (more expensive) drugstore liners. For the price I really can't complain!

Popular Lip Liners