Jo Malone wild bluebell

3.7

on 6/23/2017 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A lovely, light floral like a meadow or wildflower grove right after a spring rain. There is actually a hint of the scent of wet earth, which I love. Except Jo Malone ruined it with a streak of something generic that you might call "fresh" or "clean" or "nautical." I think this note smells like Heaven by Gap. Really too bad, because the underlying wildflower/rain scent is so nice. I have no idea what bluebells smell like, but there is something modest and unassuming about the floral here that makes bluebell appropriate. I could as easily see crocus, but that doesn't have such a nice ring to it. Point being, it smells like we think those sweet little tokens of Spring should: delicate, rain soaked, evanescent. It's not a big floral. It's not formal. It's girlish and pretty. A cottage garden or a forest grove carpeted with lilies of the valley, edged by damp ferns and moss. Leave it at that, and I would have been so happy. But it's almost like Jo Malone went "oh the rain part is too subtle and a bit dirty, throw on some generic clean!" I see a lot of complaints that the smell fades too quickly. I always spray it on clothing, where I find it lasts really well. Oh and this is is a totally linear scent. It all comes out at once and stays about the same. No opening, middle or closing. It's Gap Heaven drowning a bunch of poor wildflowers. I have two samples which maybe I'll use up, but I won't buy a full bottle of this. Too bad, because this had a lot of potential.

on 5/20/2017 6:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Fragrances are so Your Kilos May Vary. For every besotted consumer swooning over a scent, there is another frantically scrubbing her wrist like Lady Macbeth.

Wild Bluebell did not invoke a need to scrub and scour. It offended me not in the least. It seems incapable offense except to those souls so sensitive to floral fragrance that the mere whiff of a lily, hyacinth or daffodil brings on the throbbing headaches and eye swelling.

It is a very soft wet, fresh floral. I don't get the melon note others have described, but this does have a wet stem and petal element that may come off as Calone.

This is the perfect fragrance for someone looking to prolong her fresh from the shower aura. It is light and almost impossible to overdo. It is a cologne concentration, and thus very sheer. It would work well for those who want "fresh and clean." It fades in a couple of hours.

Would I buy this again? Well, no. Not because it is bad, but because I find it woefully uninteresting. Give me a bitter green, a dusky chypre, a smoky wood. This serves well as a palette cleanser after one of those, though, I do find myself regressing to my childhood when gift sets of Tinkerbell cologne and talc appeared under the Christmas tree.

This is a gift from the clouds to some women. For me, not so much.

on 2/22/2016 12:44:00 PM

I am very picky with perfume. I hate anything strong, vanilla, musky,. Also, many I like on others smell metallic on me.

I tend to do well with light florals mixed with citrus. I am looking for another fresh signature scent, as the one I have worn for the past 8 years either changed....or my PH balance is different.

I literally tried 50 perfumes in the last few weeks.

This one is fresh, light...and lasts!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love the smell! Perfect if layered with english pear and fressia!(would even last longer) smells like aquatic watermelon...just lovely!!!

on 5/12/2015 10:09:00 AM

Love this!!! Smells of watermelon. Great for summer but will look for less expensive alternative.

on 4/24/2015 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A lovely light, natural, sweet, fresh scent that is innocently floral. I like it a lot by itself though I also mix it up with English pear & freesia. I like trying new stuff which is why I won't buy this again but something else.

Love love love this fragrance. It smells so pure and fresh, not at all heavy and not at all artificial. It doesn't change on my skin and it marries wonderfully with other Jo Malone scents.
As with all the colognes I wish they would make the lettering just a wee big larger. I practically have to use a magnifying glass to read the name. I'm a total Jo Malone convert, her's are the only colognes and body lotions I use and I have most of them!

on 3/20/2014 10:27:00 PM

It's gorgeous and playful. It's floral with a fruitiness (sort of a melon note) that makes me want to behave better when I wear it. It's definitely a linear scent. I'm always blown away by the quietly chic packaging, too. I feel like I behave a lot better when wearing this. And no, it doesn't smell like Penhaligon's, but it's great still. And, as a graphic designer, I LOVE the ad campaign they did for this and don't care what anyone says.

on 2/10/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am nursing a sample of Wild Bluebell, it is one of the few perfumes that hasn't triggered my allergies. It's very fresh, softly floral and aquatic, as a few other reviews have said. I detect a melon of some sort and lily. A little watermelon bubble gummy? I think any a woman of any age would like this. It's true...it's not super long lasting but since it's a cologne, I guess you can't expect it to. That can be a good thing if you like to switch fragrances in the evening, though.

I love this scent!!! It reminds me of something in my childhood... It's soft feminine and sweet. The bad thig about this cologne is that it doesn't last for more than 2 hours. I'm pretty disappointed about that because a small bottle of Jo Malone on Canada is 70$ cdn.

Popular Fragrances