Maybelline HyperSharp Liner

Maybelline HyperSharp Liner

4.1

on 4/7/2016 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I actually own the HyperSharp Wing Liner (with the purple cap) but would assume the only difference between these two products is the brush. Firstly, I've already repurchased this product (along with multiple backups during a recent Priceline 40% off sale), which should, I suppose, give you some sense of my love for this product. Along with my rating for it.

After fatefully running out of my previous HG eyeliner, Stila Stay All Day, I contemplated buying another but really could not justify the price tag. Fortunately one of my most trusted beauty blogs had included this eyeliner in her monthly favourites and, having never steered me wrong, I trusted her enough to go and pick this up.

This is as good, if not better than Stila's Stay All Day. Inky black, perfect tip that allows easy control, and lasts for so long before it even starts to lose its opacity - by long I mean approximately four months (and using it everyday); an extremely impressive time considering that my past experience with Maybelline eyeliner (Master Precise) lasted half a year, during which I probably had to repurchase it about 5 times before I relented and realised that I needed something with a bit more longevity.

This is wonderful stuff and I would recommend it to everyone. Will repurchase over and over again.

on 4/1/2016 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i actually own the hypersharp wing liner one, the one with the purple cap, but i couldnt find the review and i think its pretty much similar to the original one so i guess its okay to review it here? i've worn mine through out the day from 5.30 am until 10 pm without any primer underneath and it still stays, the formula is actually easily removed with only water i think but only if you rub it. i rubbed my eyes accidentally a couple times but the eyeliner still looks ok, i mean it scrapped off a little bit but its still ok my wing still looks nice only need a little touchup. so overall i think its a great product, and i think i would buy this product again.

To Read all 47 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/17/2016 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This was my HG eyeliner for about a year until I suddenly developed eczema from it on my eyelids, so I can't use it anymore, which sucks.
I absolutely adore the pen style and how it's actually a pen-shaped brush rather than just a straight pen or brush. It's so easy to control and I even love using it for double flicks, a la Lana Del Rey. Definitely not hard to get the hang of.
My only gripes with it are that it's not super opaque black and you might have to give it an extra swipe for pigment, and I kinda wish it was shorter, but that's a personal preference.
If I didn't have sensitive eyes I would be repurchasing this forever. 10/10 would recommend.

on 3/13/2016 12:10:00 AM

Based on online reviews being one of the best DS liquid eyeliner, I gave it a shot and purchased it 2 days ago. True to its name, the tip of the eyeliner is sharp and precise line can be drawn on your eyes. One of the cons is that it does not give out the blackest black with one coating. I need to put on like maybe 3 coats to get the desired effect. However, after putting on the eyeliner for several hours, I see minimal smudge, which is a good thing. I will definitely buy this again as it is cheap and perform reasonably well.

on 12/25/2015 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I heard good things about this product through YouTube so I decided to give it a try as I was in need of a liquid liner pen. The packaging seemed ordinary like a typical drugstore product; and the application tip is very innovative and allows you to create extremely thin lines which can be flipped to create a wider tip for filling in your wing. Applying the product was easy for a beginner like me, but throughout the day I noticed it smudged tremendously down onto my lower lash line. By the end of the day all the product originally on my lids had run down creating unappealing dark under eye circles, even though I did not touch my eyes at all. I would definitely not recommend this product due to inability to last and the fact that it is not waterproof.

on 11/18/2015 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

In its sleek packaging and very fine brush. But the capacity is lower compared to other japanese eyeliner brands that I have.

But it's really proven smudge proof and very long lasting. The precision is also amazing. But in local drugstore it sells at SGD21.90. I found some other well known Japanese brands that works the same for SGD18.90. It's quite pricey for a drugstore brand.

I'm 50:50 on buying it again.

on 11/16/2015 11:17:00 PM

The one I bought is packaged in black and pink. The best marker liner used so far. The color is intense and doesn't smudge at all.. The color stays all day on top of eyeshadow even without primer. The brush is flattened so that it can be drawn for both think and thin purposes.. it cost me only about $10 at Maybelline counter.

on 10/18/2015 2:28:00 AM

I bought this eyeliner a couple of weeks ago.
I tried it out after buying it and it was fine - nothing special, but it did what it said it would. It has a nice matte finish and I liked the very thin tip, since it worked well with my hooded eyes.
BUT.
I wanted to use it today, and it doesn't work at all! Completely dried out. I can only get the faintest smudge of a disappointing shade of grey out of it. Forget about actually using it to line my eyes, which is kinda the purpose.
I'm disappointed.
(However if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it work again, please let me know and hopefully I will be able to change my review!)

on 10/16/2015 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'll be very straightforward right now and just say that I have almost zero issues with this product.
On the packaging it claims to last 24 hours, that it's smudge proof, waterproof, removing it is easy and it doesn't leave any stains behind. For the most part, all of that is true. It stays put for an entire day out even when my lids get gross and oily, it's really easy to remove and I don't find myself tugging a lot in attempt to get it off, and it's most definitely smudge proof. When it's dry, any attempt I make at smearing it and repeatedly jabbing my finger at it is futile. The liner itself was, as the name states, very thin and precise and I just find it really easy to get nice and sharp winged liner with this product. With other liquid liners that I've tried, I find it rather difficult to get to the inner corner of my eye, but that was not a problem at all with this. It's really pigmented and I didn't find myself having to go over my liner more than once to get intensity. I got the liner in the intense black shade though so I haven't any idea if it's the same with the brown version.
However, I did not find the liner to be waterproof like it claims. It doesn't start running down the sides of your face the second water comes in contact with it, but the very second that any tissue or q-tip or finger touches it, it smudges. In fact, I can literally remove almost all the liner from my eyes with just water, with the exception of slight panda eyes afterwards, which counteracts the whole 'stain-free' claim a bit.
Aside from the vague panda eyes and false waterproof claim, this really is a nice eyeliner. The felt tip can split and fray a bit though if you're too rough with it and just drag it across your lid when connecting the wing tip with the rest of your eyeliner, but it's easy to just slide it across starting from the tip and it comes back together.
(Also just quickly adding that when I was testing this liner I didn't have any eye primer, concealer, eyeshadow, mascara, nothing on my eyelids except this liner.)

I like it.I swatched it on my hand before school and after school it still there!Less pigmented before of course since I wash my hands a lot.It's nice but I won't say it my holy grail