Maybelline HyperSharp Liner

Maybelline HyperSharp Liner

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail, no questions asked.

Note, I have incredibly oily eyelids and even without primer this eyeliner goes nowhere the whole day. I mean, the whole day. But personally, I still use UD's Eye Primer Potion and a skin coloured eyeshadow (Nyx Boheme Chic palette, the peachy shade) under it first.

And this stuff goes nowhere. It's not going to move from your eyelid unless you spent your whole day rubbing your eyeball out, but who does that?

I've tried lots of other eyeliners, including high-end ones, but none have managed to surpass the performance of the Hypersharp. It's waterproof and holds up well as advertised, it's black, it's matte, and it comes off easy with makeup remover.

Compared to its siblings in other colours (brown, wing liner, blacker than black, and soft black), this one is the best. The colour is really, really black. Compared to Blacker Than Black, this one still tops it.

It also has a very, very fine tip that lets you conquer those wing liners and cat eyes with ultimate precision.

But note, it's staying power also means that if you mess up, you're going to have to use makeup remover to take it off and if you're already wearing anything under that, it's going to come off too, so if you're not that confident in your skills to apply the perfect eyeliner in one go yet, do your eyeliner first before any other makeup so any mistakes can come off clean.

The packaging also doesn't hold a lot of product for its price, but I'm willing to pay for its performance. I'm currently on my 6th eyeliner, and nothing beats this one when it comes to brush pen eyeliners (or any eyeliner, in fact).

on 10/31/2016 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this eyeliner!!! I have the one with the yellow cap.
    Super pigmented, and capable of very precise application with a skinny tip. It lasts all day on my eyelids even without primer. And I have oily eyelids.
    The eyeliner dries matte, which is another plus. It's waterproof, but easily removable with cleanser/makeup remover without hassle. I find that towards the end of the day, it can rub off if you touch your eyes often.
    One liner lasts a few months for me, and I use eyeliner daily. Doesn't dry out quickly.
    Wish it was more available in the US. I've purchased numerous times and I've recommended it to all my friends!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

4 out of 5 because I have oily skin so this smudges a bit at the outer part of my eyelid throughout the day, even if I put primer on my face.

I do love the brush because you can control how thin or thick you want the line to be. The color is also a solid black that dries matte.

on 9/13/2016 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner is very easy to create wing liners. However, it doesn't last very long and gets very runny.

on 4/7/2016 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I actually own the HyperSharp Wing Liner (with the purple cap) but would assume the only difference between these two products is the brush. Firstly, I've already repurchased this product (along with multiple backups during a recent Priceline 40% off sale), which should, I suppose, give you some sense of my love for this product. Along with my rating for it.

After fatefully running out of my previous HG eyeliner, Stila Stay All Day, I contemplated buying another but really could not justify the price tag. Fortunately one of my most trusted beauty blogs had included this eyeliner in her monthly favourites and, having never steered me wrong, I trusted her enough to go and pick this up.

This is as good, if not better than Stila's Stay All Day. Inky black, perfect tip that allows easy control, and lasts for so long before it even starts to lose its opacity - by long I mean approximately four months (with everyday use); an extremely impressive time considering that my past experience with Maybelline eyeliner (Master Precise) lasted half a year, during which I probably had to repurchase it about 5 times before I relented and realised that I needed something with a bit more longevity.

This is wonderful stuff and I would recommend it to everyone. Will repurchase over and over again.

on 4/1/2016 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i actually own the hypersharp wing liner one, the one with the purple cap, but i couldnt find the review and i think its pretty much similar to the original one so i guess its okay to review it here? i've worn mine through out the day from 5.30 am until 10 pm without any primer underneath and it still stays, the formula is actually easily removed with only water i think but only if you rub it. i rubbed my eyes accidentally a couple times but the eyeliner still looks ok, i mean it scrapped off a little bit but its still ok my wing still looks nice only need a little touchup. so overall i think its a great product, and i think i would buy this product again.

on 3/17/2016 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This was my HG eyeliner for about a year until I suddenly developed eczema from it on my eyelids, so I can't use it anymore, which sucks.
    I absolutely adore the pen style and how it's actually a pen-shaped brush rather than just a straight pen or brush. It's so easy to control and I even love using it for double flicks, a la Lana Del Rey. Definitely not hard to get the hang of.
    My only gripes with it are that it's not super opaque black and you might have to give it an extra swipe for pigment, and I kinda wish it was shorter, but that's a personal preference.
    If I didn't have sensitive eyes I would be repurchasing this forever. 10/10 would recommend.

on 3/13/2016 12:10:00 AM

Based on online reviews being one of the best DS liquid eyeliner, I gave it a shot and purchased it 2 days ago. True to its name, the tip of the eyeliner is sharp and precise line can be drawn on your eyes. One of the cons is that it does not give out the blackest black with one coating. I need to put on like maybe 3 coats to get the desired effect. However, after putting on the eyeliner for several hours, I see minimal smudge, which is a good thing. I will definitely buy this again as it is cheap and perform reasonably well.

on 12/25/2015 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I heard good things about this product through YouTube so I decided to give it a try as I was in need of a liquid liner pen. The packaging seemed ordinary like a typical drugstore product; and the application tip is very innovative and allows you to create extremely thin lines which can be flipped to create a wider tip for filling in your wing. Applying the product was easy for a beginner like me, but throughout the day I noticed it smudged tremendously down onto my lower lash line. By the end of the day all the product originally on my lids had run down creating unappealing dark under eye circles, even though I did not touch my eyes at all. I would definitely not recommend this product due to inability to last and the fact that it is not waterproof.

on 11/18/2015 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

In its sleek packaging and very fine brush. But the capacity is lower compared to other japanese eyeliner brands that I have.

But it's really proven smudge proof and very long lasting. The precision is also amazing. But in local drugstore it sells at SGD21.90. I found some other well known Japanese brands that works the same for SGD18.90. It's quite pricey for a drugstore brand.

I'm 50:50 on buying it again.