Sleek Pout Paint - ALL

Sleek Pout Paint - ALL

Polyisobutane, Polybutene, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Beeswax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Glycol Distearate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcic (Sweet Almond) Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalene, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin and Fragrance. May contain: Titanium dioxide.

on 5/26/2017 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have this in four shades-
158 rosette- a hot pink
154 mauve over- a magenta purple
156 peachy keen- a pastel orange
162 milkshake- a bright coral

The formula feels the same in all of these, and I'm a bit confused by them to be honest!

They're quite clingy and sticky, difficult to move around the lips and take ages to dry. I had to blot them off with a tissue. They dry to a matte finish but the stickiness and wetness means you can only put on a thin layer. if you go on with a second layer you encounter the same problem- there is no such thing as a thin layer with these, yet that is what they seem to require in order to dry.

These paints are pigment rich and opaque. You NEED to use lip liner with these- they bleed all over the edges of the lips otherwise. I think priming the lips definitely helps with these too, otherwise they just smear and don't sit well.

Too much like hard work for me, but the vibrant colours are a bonus.

I use peachy keen I this video-

And mauve over for this makeup look-

Search for Ayish Zone on YouTube x

on 1/11/2015 1:36:00 AM

I bought the pout paint in Port which is a lovely bright fuschia-berry colour. It is incredibly pigmented and has to be applied with a brush. I have dry lips so I need to use a lip balm prior to application or else it will settle in all my lip lines. It is a decently long wearing product though will not be able to last through eating. I do wish it were easier to apply so i can re-apply it throughout the day with less hassle. Overall, I do enjoy the product but would not repurchase because i think I would be able to find a similar colour in a traditional lipstick format.

on 1/26/2014 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am so glad I stumbled upon Pout Paint Lip Tars! Woo-hoo! What a GREAT new alternative to OCC Lip Tars these are!!! Pout Paints (PP's) have great staying power and come in a nice variety of color ranges for either wearing alone or mixing up as you prefer to create some really flattering and lovely shades. Colors are really intense and even the lighter more neutral type shades are heavily pigmented. I have PP's in Pinup, Mauve Over, Port, and also Peek-a-Bloo (bue shade for darkening while mixing) and Cloud 9 (white shade for lightening mixes). And I love them all :-)

In comparison to OCC:

--Packaging: Same packaging, same sizes.

--Color Variety: OCC has more range when it comes to shade and formulation. OCC has 35 Matte tars, 12 metallic tars, and 9 stain tar glosses; PP has 11 Lip Tars. Although OCC appears to be the winner in the "ready to wear" category, truth is the available shades from PP can be mixed and matched to re-create pretty much every color in OCC's rainbow AND there are also some close dupes as well. However, OCC wins when it comes to formulas because PP tars are all pretty much a flat matte on their own. [I have done a lot of mixing with my PP's and when I do I am always asked where I got my lipstick when out and about].

--Staying power: OCC wins hands down. OCC will stay put (to varying degrees) for 8-10 hrs and then some and requires no re-application; PP's I can get a good 4-6 hrs out of before I need to touch them up. While 4-6 hrs is nothing to scoff at, the idea of carrying a brush and liner around and re-touching from such a messy cosmetic is a step I'd rather not deal with.

--Feathering: Although I love OCC, admittedly I don't bust them out as often as I would like simply because they feather like crazy. I have yet to notice feathering with PP's and it doesn't require a liner, so that's a major plus.

--Cost: OCC runs you $18 per tube which is totally nutso IMO; PP's are $7 each. SO basically you can get 2 for the price of 1, which is pretty awesome.

If you like OCC Tars I suggest you give these a try. Ditto for if you have always wanted to try a lip tar out but didn't want to shell out the $$.

on 3/27/2014 9:46:00 AM

Love this! Its kind of a hassle to apply because theyre super pigmented and you need to use a brush. They dont feel drying nor sticky on the lips which is great. However, I dont feel the pigmentation is very long lasting. Overall a very fun product and I am absolutely in love with Mauve Over, but I have Port as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

By far the most pigmented lip product I've ever come near! I don't think this is a bad product but I wouldn't buy it again simply because I don't find the colours are very good for my complexion.

This product would be amazing for those with dark skins and lips

on 6/22/2014 10:02:00 PM

I'm not impressed with my pout paint. I may have a faulty tube but it seems the pigment have separated from the actual gloss. So it transfers on to the lips patchy. The actual formula is very smooth and the smell isn't unpleasant at all. I have two colours, milkshake and lava. Milkshake is the worse of the two for the separation. All that comes out is a clear liquid and blobs of the pigment. I've applied with my finger and a brush and the result is the same. May try a different colour. I really like the milkshake colour, but the lava is too warm toned for my skin, it comes off as a really dark orange, kind of burnt, I want to say brown but it's like the shade just before it turns brown. Anyway, I shall try this again maybe sometime soon as it's relatively inexpensive. But as it stands, I don't like it all that much and haven't worn it out of the house yet.

on 11/4/2012 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in Minx when I bit the bullet and made a Sleek order. The colour is very nice, it lasts quite a while, and you only need the smallest amount, but there are so many bad points that I just couldn't like it. Like other people said, you need to use a brush if you don't want it to smear all over the place (fingers work, but you have to be very careful). For me, it wasn't very drying, but it really emphasized all the lines and dry skin on my lips. Exfoliating is a must! Also, I can't seem to get it to work with balm under/over it or gloss. If I wear a balm underneath, all the colour would just settle in the lines of my lips or smear all over the place. Very gross looking! The product separates pretty easily too. I didn't use it for about two weeks, and when I tried it next, this yellowish oil came out. No amount of shaking would mix the colours back, either. Pretty disappointed!

on 12/4/2012 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I love love love this product! I now own 3 colours, Mink ( a mauve pink), Port ( a dark fuschia) and Pin Up (a deep red.) I love the formula, you need the tiniest amount on your lip brush and its so pigmented that you can cover all your lips with such little product. I love the small size, it fits easily inside my handbag if I need a touch up but usually it lasts all day. I sometimes mix the red and fuschia to make a darker colour, there so easy to mix and apply. I am definitely going to buy all the other colours, I don't know how good of a dupe they are for the Lip tars but as far as I'm concerned these are great. And sleek is bringing out such great products!

I have a few problems with this product and considering the good stuff I had heard I'm disappointed! I will list the pro's and con's going into detail there.

Pro's:
Alternative to OCC lip tars, but in no way are a dupe.

They do seem to stain my lips which I guess is a plus even though the actual product soon disappears!

Con's:
Such small tubes, why not make a bigger tube and charge more, I know it only takes a small amount but II'd prefer a bigger amount, I mean its not exactly a purse friendly product anyway!.

Colour range in store is awful, they have about 3 different colors in Superdrug and often they are sold out, I cannot seem to find the white one online and I don't want to pay postage just for that when I got the others in store!

You have to have the white one if you're planning on mixing colors because they will always go darker, I went to Superdrug hoping to get the plum color but it was sold out so I bought the blue and red colors because that's all they had and I thought they would mix into a nice plum but they didn't even when I made it mostly red or mostly blue the color was always a murky dark purple!

Over all I would not bother buying these again, they are a waste of time when there is already a great product which fills the void of a gloss-matte lipstick.

on 7/31/2013 10:30:00 PM

I am addicted to Sleek products and since they are not readily available in the US I usually put together a sizable order every few months and will throw all sorts of items in my basket to try out. I purchased three tubes of Pout Paint and love all of them. Minx is my favorite color and shows up as a pale pink on my lips. I like that I don't need to coat my lips in concealer if the color is lighter than my natural pigment, it covers well on its own. I too experienced the product separating in the tubes but had no issues remixing by shaking the tubes before applying, I usually apply with either my fingers or a brush. I don't know if I would say they are a dupe to OCC lip tars but are a great product with a more natural color selection.

Popular Lips Products