Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex

Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex

2.5

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, POLYETHYLENE, NIACINAMIDE*, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PANTHENOL**, DIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, PALMITOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-4***, CARNOSINE***, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE^, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT^^, YEAST EXTRACT, ALLANTOIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, PEG-100 STEARATE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, LAURETH-4, LAURETH-7, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLATE, CITRIC ACID, FRAGRANCE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE. *VITAMIN B3, **PROVITAMIN B5, ***AMINO-PEPTIDE, ^VITAMIN E, ^^GREEN TEA

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

In UK this Olay's gimmick is known as 'Super 10 minute miracle' and is a thick, very silicony cream-gel that does not do ANYTHING, despite being exorbitantly expensive (£30). I was hoping that with a high concentrate of niacinamide and plumping up ingredients it will be able to do some mentioned in the name miracles but I might have as well saved the money and effort (it took a while to track this one in Boots).

It is supposed to plump up the skin but I have not noticed any action of that sort. The amount of silicones made me hope that it will help my sunscreen absorb better but no chance. it makes my skin look dry, dull, flat (it has no sheen to it) and it destroys the look of any foundation put on top - they all are suddenly difficult to spread evenly and as the day goes, gradually gather in pores.

God forbid you forget a moisturiser underneath! your face will shrivel like a dried prune by the end of the day while your pores will become ginormous and hoover all the foundation that you've put on top.

It is highly perfumed as well (a bit like a good washing powder), luckily I did not have any reaction to the fragrance.

The good points of this useless product (apart from a brilliant marketing - I've heard about it via a very well known British blogger in her 50s who was a perfect person to road test it - SHE WAS IMPRESSED! So I run out to buy it...) are the airless pump packaging (the pump is really good! Luckily my favourite night cream from Simple has exactly the same one) and an ability to never end (I've been using it on and off most mornings this year and there is still a full pump left each time I hope this monster has finally run out!).

I really like this moisture, it clears away bleak lines in just a snap of the finger. But for a permanent relief you have to wait for some time to get to see the results. Read its detailed review here Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex Review I have oily skin so it seemed to fare well without causing any oiliness or flaky effect ! continued >>

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/17/2013 6:55:00 AM

I have purchased this product after red a review of Paula Begoun on Beautypedia where it is qualified as one of the BEST products.

I was lucky and pump worked well. I liked smooth feeling after application and never used it in the morning, because it was qualified as a night moisturizer. Wow is to me!!! it might be a good primer, thus it reminded me discontinued Clinique's serum Turn around.

For my combination skin it was a bit drying on cheeks. I had no skin irritation or brake outs. Maybe I need to try it again now as a primer?

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just picked this up 2 days ago at Walmart for $22. I'm in the process of battling fine lines around my mouth that just recently made their presence known. It's like...you hit 30 and BAM! Wrinkles in places you didn't even know existed. So, because of that I've been trying everything I can afford to combat these bad boys. My mom had purchased this about a year ago and I tried it then and thought it was pretty decent, so I decided to give it a shot.

Unfortunately after 2 days of use (before bed) I now have a ton of tiny zits all over my forehead, reminiscent of age 15. So...back it goes tomorrow. This is the 4th Olay product I've tried in the past 6 months and all of them have caused me to breakout in different ways. This product definitely wins at being the quickest to do so.

At this point I'm really over purchasing Olay products. They used to be a leader in the industry and now it seems like their ingredients cause more problems than not (for my skin anyway). For their cost, their performance is mediocre at best, breakouts aside. I'd much rather spend more on higher end brands that actually do work (ie Caudalie) instead of constantly wasting money on Olay.

This dried the heck outta my combination skin. Their regenerist serum is WAY more moisturizing with no greasiness. Even if you're oily, try that one because this one will leave you flaky and oily at the same time!

on 6/3/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't really know what to think about this product. I got it as a sample in a Glossybox a while ago.

I thought it was a serum, so to put in on at night after cleansing and toner, but before the hydrating cream and that's what I did, but everyone here say that you can use it as a primer. Maybe I used it incorrectly and that's why it didn't really worked ?

Oh well.. I did find it silky to apply and nice and refreshing, but there's a lot of fragrance in it so it's quite irritating. Also, I don't know why, but in it there was little sand-like balls. I don't know how to really describe it, but it felt like I was scrubbing my face with this product. I felt refreshed but not hydrated enough, so I had to add a hydrating cream after it also.

I will not purchase the full size, because I didn't really saw any improvement or anything better on my skin.

on 4/10/2013 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This seems as if it's going to be incredibly hydrating but just ends up being sticky, tacky and eventually balling up. Gross.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wasn't sure if I wanted to try the Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex. So, I called Olay's customer service line and asked some questions. I was skeptical about the packaging because of the negative reviews. I had no issue with the pump at all. However, I did not like that the cover can not be unscrewed. As noted in the discription on the Olay website, this product works well as a primer under foundation. Also, the skin should feel velvety-smooth. Upon applying, I was expecting a nice silky feeling. That was not the case. I think it made my skin feel more dry. I wanted to give it a chance so, I finished the entire jar (if that's what it should be called). I will not be repurchasing. Although, the amount (1.7 oz) is the same amount as the Micro-Sculpting Cream, it just does not have the same richness or texture. The Regenerist line has so many products. I will not miss this one if it's discontinured.

I'm a bit torn about this product because I think it's probably very good, but just not right for me. It does have a lovely silky texture and lots of great ingredients, but it also has a very heavy fragrance and can look very matte/dry. I have combo skin and after applying this, I felt like I needed to slap on a layer of moisturiser. It's a bit of a disconnect between the fact that the product should be very moisturising based on the label, but instead makes my face feel very dry.

I also didn't find it to be a great primer -- my makeup tended to sit on top of this stuff or rub off of it. That could be because I was often using powder foundation; maybe it works better with liquid. The pump worked well enough -- it had a kind of smushy, slushy action, but I didn't have problems getting the product out. Some folks like the look of the bottle, but it's very squat and wide and really quite huge for travel. Additionally, this stuff is at the high end for a drugstore product, $30+ depending on where you live. For me, it feels too drying and the fragrance is just too strong to justify repurchase.

on 12/28/2012 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks and have noticed slight improvement in appearance of fine lines but nothing major. I have a dark spot that did peel and become less noticeable. I assumed you could use this in the eye area although I'm not sure now because it tends to sting and make my eyelids puffy. After the swelling goes down my eyelids are flakey. Does anyone know if this is part of the treatment ? Or should I not be using this around the eyes?