MAC Cosmetics Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

3.7

(Original formulation - September 2011): ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 3.40%, Titanium Dioxide 1.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Peg-10 Crosspolymer, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Silylate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288)]

on 9/24/2018 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was very sceptical to try this one as the Studio Fix was a nightmare on my skin. This foundation stays put all day, I still need to blot, but it still looks good at the end of the day. The shading is good as well. Good foundation for combination to oily skin types.

on 2/18/2018 1:24:00 AM

If u have dry and sensitive skin,please.dun ever buy this foundation. Is a total wastage of money. Makes my pores look bigger and accentuate my dry area. Look horrible !no matter how I apply,using sponge or brush give the same awful effect

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This used to be my favourite foundation, but I’ve realised that it’s not sweat proof at all. This foundation is awful if it’s raining, no matter if I use high end primers and setting sprays, this foundation will run off my face in thick chunks when water touches it - I live in the UK, where it rains a lot, so this is not ideal. I have a problem with my forehead sweating quite a bit also, and this foundation is terrible for that.

What I will say though is that if it’s not raining and I’m having a good day where I’m not sweating, the foundation is long lasting without me having to touch up. The finish is nice, but not amazing. You can tell you have foundation on when you wear this so it’s not strongly recommended if you prefer that more natural finish. Sometimes it can be a little chalky. I have 2 bottles left, so I will finish those but I don’t think I will run out to buy this again, given my needed criteria.

on 10/31/2017 4:04:00 AM

I have combination skin and even though this has a matte finish, it doesn't accentuate the dryness or cling onto any patches.
This line of foundations, especially the lighter shades are more neutral so if you're having trouble finding something in studio fix or prolongwear, this is a good one to try.

The only con with this is it smells of paint, disappears after some hours but that is the only downside I face with this particular foundation. It's not as strong of a scent as Studio Fix Fluid though, which I appreciate. It is a safe choice of foundation when I don't feel like conducting an experiment on my face. I like it, however, it doesn't make me go "wow, my skin looks beautiful". That being said, I still like it for lasting till the end of the day and giving me medium coverage, which I like, just to even out my skintone. I can appreciate a foundation that doesn't give me a shock when I catch myself in the mirror during or at the end of the day, it's very reliable.

on 8/12/2017 1:46:00 PM

Doesn't work on my combo skin.In the middle of the day my nose used to be totally naked, the same around my lips, even with primer.I noticed this foundation made my skin so dry..awfull aspect..This is the only foundation that perfect fits in my shade all over the year (I'm NC 30 and use number 4.0).Accentuates fine lines.Not a super coverage.

Another great foundation from MAC in my opinion. As a makeup junkie and a foundation hoarder (LOL) I am always on the hunt for the next foundation to try. I recently purchased the Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth Infusing Serum foundation which is also great. However, I kinda love Matchmaster more and I'll tell you why:

Shade: I am a MAC NC 20-25 depending on the season. Shade 2.0 matches me perfectly and it really does have an ability to match your skin tone quite well. I think this is where this foundation outshines some of my faves in my collection. It matches me 100%. (enough said)

Texture: It has a very creamy texture which makes it a dream to blend. I always a beauty sponge with this and the application is always flawless.

Finish: It is a demi matte finish. It is not a flat matte. However, if you have dry skin make sure you prep your skin very well (exfoliate, moisturize and prime)

Coverage: This is a notch down from Studio Fix Fluid. It is a nice medium buildable foundation that covers enough of my uneven texture and redness.

Overall, I think this is becoming my HG. I have every single MAC foundation except for Studio Tech and Nourishing Waterproof. For me, this is best!

Hope this review helps!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Well I will admit i would never consider trying any MAC face product again because ive tried a concealer and hated it. I wasn't that into the brand to begin with. the formula of these products just makes my sinuses act up.

Anyway, i was actually given a bottle of this foundation in shade 4.0. ..Great, a free full size foundation, i was thankful! So i went on to try it later. I strongly believed the shade itself was going to match my.skin well just by looking at the product. At that time, my skintone was at its lightest, im in between the light (not fair) & medium category, im also neutral undertone. Being hopeful, it didnt turn out to be the one....so close !!! Ended up looking a bit orange/red-ish even in sun light. I was a bit bummed out but i figured i could MAYBE blend in it better just by tanning a bit more.

The smell is also too much to handle. My eyes water, get red, and i start sniffling. I really like the feel of it though, its creamy, blendable.. which means a little goes a long way to apply, doesnt dry out my skin, its non cakey, i noticed my pores disappeared, too! It definitely doesnt make me oily either. Feels very supple.

on 4/30/2017 1:33:00 PM

My first MAC foundation ever. Bought the shade no. 3.0 and it is a wrong color for me, I could do 2.0 but the MAC girl insisted that I'm a 3.0(they don't carry 2.5 in my country) it turns out a tad bit too orangey on me but once applied, the foundation kinda adapt to my skin tone but you can still tell at around my neck area that I'm wearing foundation. It's like fake tan effect.

Love the consistency-very gel like, love the nice semi-matte finish, for me this is a solid medium-coverage, long lasting, the glass packaging comes with a pump like Fix+... nothing really bad to say about this foundation except for the blending part. I have to work fast with this foundation as it sets quite rapidly and if you are a sloppy blender you will find streaks on your face, so it requires attention.

I use both RT sponge and round kabuki brush to apply this foundation, both methods work fine but with the brush I get more refined finish. Just buff it in in circular motion.fast.

I think this foundation is suitable for combo-oily skin, i usually finish my makeup at 8.30 AM and by 10 AM I have to blot my T-zone already, but with this foundation I do my first blotting at around 12-12.30. I don't really need mattifying primers to use in combination with this foundation.

A dupe for this foundation would be Maybelline Dream Satin Skin, both have similar consistency and veeeery similar finish, but MAC feels lighter on the skin.

Would purchase it again and get the correct shade this time.

on 4/18/2017 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

MY HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION! It applies so good, sets perfectly in my skin and lasts aaaall day! The shade 1.0 is PERFECT to my skin and I think it looks natural on me. I have nothing bad to say about this foundation! I did a makeup look in my aunt a few days ago (she is about 50 years) and she looked 10 years younger with it, but still natural!

on 1/27/2017 3:03:00 PM

So I decided to try this foundation on the rec of the MUA at the MAC counter instead of my usual SFF because she said it mimics undertones (I've been wearing NC30) to provide the perfect color for you, oxidation is minimal, if any, and it's full coverage. Well I found none of those claims to be true and in all my years of using MAC I have to say I absolutely HATE IT and will most likely return. I have combination skin, with semi-oily forehead and cheeks...An hour after I put it on my skin is orange - this is the issue I had with SFF - I would look like an oompa loompa by day's end - who was mortified was me...perhaps I am not being matched correctly...I have strong yellow and pinkish undertones (if that makes sense). I wanted to try NC25, figuring it would oxidize to a nearly correct shade. To aggravate matters I have Melasma on my forehead and cheeks. This foundation does nothing to conceal leaving me very self conscious. My skin is changing as I age (mid 40's) I need something full coverage but not masklike (tried ELDW Maximum Cover Camo and DW in bottle - I prefer Camo but it leaves my face looking really dry) - Anyhoo, sorry to ramble but this foundation just does not do it for me. I think it's best for younger skin with very minimal flaws