MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

3.7

(Original formulation - September 2011): ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 3.40%, Titanium Dioxide 1.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Peg-10 Crosspolymer, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Silylate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288)]

on 4/18/2017 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

MY HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION! It applies so good, sets perfectly in my skin and lasts aaaall day! The shade 1.0 is PERFECT to my skin and I think it looks natural on me. I have nothing bad to say about this foundation! I did a makeup look in my aunt a few days ago (she is about 50 years) and she looked 10 years younger with it, but still natural!

on 1/27/2017 3:03:00 PM

So I decided to try this foundation on the rec of the MUA at the MAC counter instead of my usual SFF because she said it mimics undertones (I've been wearing NC30) to provide the perfect color for you, oxidation is minimal, if any, and it's full coverage. Well I found none of those claims to be true and in all my years of using MAC I have to say I absolutely HATE IT and will most likely return. I have combination skin, with semi-oily forehead and cheeks...An hour after I put it on my skin is orange - this is the issue I had with SFF - I would look like an oompa loompa by day's end - who was mortified was me...perhaps I am not being matched correctly...I have strong yellow and pinkish undertones (if that makes sense). I wanted to try NC25, figuring it would oxidize to a nearly correct shade. To aggravate matters I have Melasma on my forehead and cheeks. This foundation does nothing to conceal leaving me very self conscious. My skin is changing as I age (mid 40's) I need something full coverage but not masklike (tried ELDW Maximum Cover Camo and DW in bottle - I prefer Camo but it leaves my face looking really dry) - Anyhoo, sorry to ramble but this foundation just does not do it for me. I think it's best for younger skin with very minimal flaws

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have a tonne of foundations..thanks to my product ADHD syndrome....but if I could ever afford one..this is the one that gets my vote. I reach for this more than any other... as it can transform me into semi decent...even even I am my most troll like.

I love the consistency, finish and wear time on my 41 year old combination skin. I get great coverage with just 1 pump.

For reference.. I am an NC42 in the Prolongwear...and use 5.0 in the Matchmaster.

I have combination/oily skin, and i really hope this foundation will work beautifully, but.....not really.
Great coverage and gives a nice glow in initial application, but at the end it will dry your skin, cling to dry patches, makes pores look bigger, flaky, just not beautiful at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have dry/combination skin and was recommended this foundation by the girl at the MAC counter. this foundation gains its name as it is supposed to adapt to your undertone, hence the removal of the letters N, W, C and simply using numbers to classify the shade. I have a neutral undertone anyways and it did appear to match well but I am not the best candidate to test this for the undertone properties.

This foundation when first applied, has good medium coverage and leaves a nice matte finish. Unfortunately, as the day went on, it started to cling to my dry patches and lose its coverage. I tried various primers and powders with no luck. This foundation also felt like it was clogging my pores and just looked awful by the end of the day.

on 7/12/2016 1:11:00 PM

In my 26 years of existing I have not found one liquid foundation that makes me look like Snooki from Jersey Shore with all the yellow until I found this. I love this foundation I really do. My skin is so pale and the 1.0 fits perfectly with my complexion. There is one problem I do have.... I am acne prone so I do worry about that sometimes. So what do I do.. Look like I am from Jersey Shore? Or Maybe break out?

on 7/10/2016 7:35:00 AM

I have this foundation in shade 03 and hoo boy it looked scary dark in the bottle! I purchased it for the summer months when I tan (imperceptively, but it does happen!) slightly and my other foundations (Nars, MAC Waterweight and AlimaPure) are too pale. However, the foundation really lives up to its promise. It does blend wonderfully in with my neutral/cool ivory skin shade and now that I have acquired a bit of sun, my skin has a lovely pale golden shade with this foundation.
I have a combination skin, oily t-zone + dry cheeks + "normal" chin and temples. This foundation lasts all day on my chin, cheeks and temples and requires two touch-ups for the t-zone. The overall finish is matte, slightly luminous and semi-full coverage.The colour does not change during the day and impressively, it stays on in relatively good condition even through a 10 km jog. Respect.
The reason why I won't give it full points is in the blending. I use a Real Techniques foundation brush and have tried a BeautyBlender, too. However, it takes some serious, unhurried effort on my cheeks to get an even surface as it tends to suck itself in to the drier skin the moment I touch my brush to my cheek. It seems to cling to every dry bit of flaking skin, no matter how small, so I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin. But with the right moisturizer and a bit of concentrated effort, the results are worth the trouble.

on 6/14/2016 7:40:00 PM

2 years ago I took a class with a mac makeup artist. she gave me great advices and ending up following her routine. Just had a few days ago, a make-up class to brush up my skill. and of course happened what had to happened and was offered to follow a totally new routine. oh la la - we love Mac make-up artist! saying that I do love all the new advices and following with great pleasure my new routine. this foundation is doing well to my skin indeed but I am also using a Mac primer and the adequate brush which I think help the routine but not my wallet 😉

on 5/31/2016 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It does not really cover all your face imperfections. Not really good for everyday use as this foundation will clog your pores that might start skin breakout.
At first it will give you a nice glow, for the long run it will dry and make your skin dull.
It's pricey and disappointing, I will never re-purchase again.
For Oily and acidic skin like mine, I will not recommend this.

on 5/25/2016 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Went to the Mac stand in a store looking for a concealer to test... the prolongwear, NC50 is too ashy, NW45 too red it was like goldilocks.
The lovely Jess (best experience I've had at Mac) suggested I didn't need a concealer, more of a foundation....and suggested 7.5 in Matchmaster, she gave me a little sample.
I tried today. No I didn't use a primer, because I haven't found one that doesnt break me out. So I let my SS dry down and tried out this afternoon. I sprayed my clean real techniques expert face brush with a rose water glycerin mix, dabbed in the lid of the sample pot and then applied to my face. It blended in nicely, no streaks or anything. I really liked how light it went on. Colour was spot on. Afterwards I went in with a concealer brush to areas of need. The coverage is like a tinted moisturiser but is quite matte. It did dry down a little tight...but ok. I had a phone call, after 20mins I looked in the mirror and I was greeted by a light orange version of myself. Fail.
I liked the Matte look, I liked the coverage, but the colour was a fail for me.