MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

3.7

(Original formulation - September 2011): ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 3.40%, Titanium Dioxide 1.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Peg-10 Crosspolymer, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Silylate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288)]

I have combination/oily skin, and i really hope this foundation will work beautifully, but.....not really.
Great coverage and gives a nice glow in initial application, but at the end it will dry your skin, cling to dry patches, makes pores look bigger, flaky, just not beautiful at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have dry/combination skin and was recommended this foundation by the girl at the MAC counter. this foundation gains its name as it is supposed to adapt to your undertone, hence the removal of the letters N, W, C and simply using numbers to classify the shade. I have a neutral undertone anyways and it did appear to match well but I am not the best candidate to test this for the undertone properties.

This foundation when first applied, has good medium coverage and leaves a nice matte finish. Unfortunately, as the day went on, it started to cling to my dry patches and lose its coverage. I tried various primers and powders with no luck. This foundation also felt like it was clogging my pores and just looked awful by the end of the day.

To Read all 463 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/12/2016 1:11:00 PM

In my 26 years of existing I have not found one liquid foundation that makes me look like Snooki from Jersey Shore with all the yellow until I found this. I love this foundation I really do. My skin is so pale and the 1.0 fits perfectly with my complexion. There is one problem I do have.... I am acne prone so I do worry about that sometimes. So what do I do.. Look like I am from Jersey Shore? Or Maybe break out?

on 7/10/2016 7:35:00 AM

I have this foundation in shade 03 and hoo boy it looked scary dark in the bottle! I purchased it for the summer months when I tan (imperceptively, but it does happen!) slightly and my other foundations (Nars, MAC Waterweight and AlimaPure) are too pale. However, the foundation really lives up to its promise. It does blend wonderfully in with my neutral/cool ivory skin shade and now that I have acquired a bit of sun, my skin has a lovely pale golden shade with this foundation.
I have a combination skin, oily t-zone + dry cheeks + "normal" chin and temples. This foundation lasts all day on my chin, cheeks and temples and requires two touch-ups for the t-zone. The overall finish is matte, slightly luminous and semi-full coverage.The colour does not change during the day and impressively, it stays on in relatively good condition even through a 10 km jog. Respect.
The reason why I won't give it full points is in the blending. I use a Real Techniques foundation brush and have tried a BeautyBlender, too. However, it takes some serious, unhurried effort on my cheeks to get an even surface as it tends to suck itself in to the drier skin the moment I touch my brush to my cheek. It seems to cling to every dry bit of flaking skin, no matter how small, so I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin. But with the right moisturizer and a bit of concentrated effort, the results are worth the trouble.

on 6/14/2016 7:40:00 PM

2 years ago I took a class with a mac makeup artist. she gave me great advices and ending up following her routine. Just had a few days ago, a make-up class to brush up my skill. and of course happened what had to happened and was offered to follow a totally new routine. oh la la - we love Mac make-up artist! saying that I do love all the new advices and following with great pleasure my new routine. this foundation is doing well to my skin indeed but I am also using a Mac primer and the adequate brush which I think help the routine but not my wallet 😉

on 5/31/2016 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It does not really cover all your face imperfections. Not really good for everyday use as this foundation will clog your pores that might start skin breakout.
At first it will give you a nice glow, for the long run it will dry and make your skin dull.
It's pricey and disappointing, I will never re-purchase again.
For Oily and acidic skin like mine, I will not recommend this.

on 5/25/2016 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Went to the Mac stand in a store looking for a concealer to test... the prolongwear, NC50 is too ashy, NW45 too red it was like goldilocks.
The lovely Jess (best experience I've had at Mac) suggested I didn't need a concealer, more of a foundation....and suggested 7.5 in Matchmaster, she gave me a little sample.
I tried today. No I didn't use a primer, because I haven't found one that doesnt break me out. So I let my SS dry down and tried out this afternoon. I sprayed my clean real techniques expert face brush with a rose water glycerin mix, dabbed in the lid of the sample pot and then applied to my face. It blended in nicely, no streaks or anything. I really liked how light it went on. Colour was spot on. Afterwards I went in with a concealer brush to areas of need. The coverage is like a tinted moisturiser but is quite matte. It did dry down a little tight...but ok. I had a phone call, after 20mins I looked in the mirror and I was greeted by a light orange version of myself. Fail.
I liked the Matte look, I liked the coverage, but the colour was a fail for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The matchmaster foundation is one of my go-to foundations as i find that is works best with my skin. This foundation is non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic so i know that my skin can breathe through this foundation and that it wont break me out. my skin type is oily in my T-zone, i used to have acne so i still have a lot of redness and find that this foundation gives me the coverage i need. I wear this foundation basically everyday from 6:30am till 7:30pm and find that is stays on my face for the entire time. This foundation is a medium, build-able coverage and looks very natural on the skin if applied properly. The foundation does have a chemically/paint smell but can not be smelt when on the skin. I find that my foundation shade (1.5) is quite orange when applied but matches my skin when i blend it in. My skin tone has a yellow undertone. I use a beauty blender to apply this foundation as this is my preferred choice, but a brush does work well too. This definitely my favorite foundation. Will definitely be purchasing again

on 5/14/2016 4:45:00 PM

Did not work for me.
My main problem was with the colour. Looked great at first but in a couple of hours it got very yellow!
Then the consistency..the coverage is decent but the foundation can get quite cakey. Also, it failed to offer a matte finish. Quite the opposite. So while it's way heavier than my other foundations, it's less matte!
A no-no for me.

on 5/4/2016 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ehhhh.. not a fan of this MAC foundation. To me, it was very watery and did not create the look I was going for. I have oily skin, so it also did not last long before I was pulling out the blotting papers and pressed powder. I wish I would have skipped out on this one for sure.