no images

price range

Reviews

1.0

8 years ago

This product was an absolute dud for me. I own a few other fluidlines and have never had any problems with them drying out. I stored this one in the same way I do my other ones and I made sure the cap was tightly screwed on after every use. Yet, this dried out completely within the first month. The color is absolutely gorgeous but this was really an absolute waste of money for me.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

I bought this on a whim when I saw it was still available on my birthday in October. I hesitated when it first came out because I already have and love BB Indigo Ink. I used it for the first time yesterday and it is amazing! Completely different from Indigo Ink. I wore it as recommended by another lovely MUAer with the Taupe crushed metal pigment and a darker brown e/s to blend the crease. I was very pleasantly surprised to how pretty and different it is, and am so happy I didn't miss out on owning such a fantastic LE product! The only reason I would not repurchase is because Fluidlines last forever and it will take a very long time for me to waste the one I have.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

8 years ago

Love this color! Sets off green eyes very well!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

8 years ago

when i hear the name midnight blues i thought of dark blue, but actually it gave a hint of teal when i wear it. it's a pretty color, and it's easy to apply as it's so creamy. the only thing i doubt about is the staying power, i have oily lid and the only thing that doesn't smudge on me is superslick and liquidlast, but i just have to wear it with UDPP and it'll be okay

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

8 years ago

of all the new shades out with the MMO collection, I picked this one up for my honey coloured eyes -- it looks stunning too. I find it has a lot of depth and gives that pop of colour which makes eyes the focus of the face. It has good coverage and as previously noted the blue is intermixed with hints of teal.. I don't think it looks like Siahi but it is similar. I wish MAC would learn from Armani and put in a small plastic disc which protects the product from exposure to air and thus stays fresher longer.. other than that, I love the colour!

About reviewer (946 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

Wow, this is SUCH a lovely color! In the pot, it looks like a very blackened blue with very fine silver shimmers. What really sets this apart from your usual navy blue eyeliner, however, is the fact that it has a healthy dose of teal thrown in too, for good measure. This makes the color very unique and it looks gorgeous on my brown/black eyes. When applied to my lids, you definitely see more teal. Also, the finish is definitely quite matte and you can't see the fine shimmers at all anymore. It does a really great job of defining the eyes because it is quite pigmented but it is not as harsh looking as black liner. It also makes the whites of my eyes whiter because of the cool color palette. I was able to achieve a very good, solid line without having to go over spots more than twice at most. Dries quickly like the other fluidlines and stays forever. I think this is an excellent liner for brown eyes, but I can also see it being unique and fun for green eyed ladies as well! It's pretty neutral, so it will work for many skin tones. This is right on trend for Fall as well, and I'm super excited to wear this color with my Autumn clothes!

About reviewer (157 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I recently picked this up from Mac. It's a beautiful color. Although the name "midnight blues" would suggest a deep dark navy blue, there is a hint of teal in this. It's a darkened color so you can wear this often. Would I purcahse a back up since it's LE? No, I walked passed Walgreens yesterday and there was the display for the Maybelline Fall 2011 Limited edition line. They had two gel liners in Forest and Sapphire. I picked up Forest (since I passed on Dark envy). Forest also has a hint of teal. I wore Midnight Blues yesterday and Forest today, they practically look the same on my eyes. Do I regret buying Mac Midnight Blues? No, it's gorgeous. But I would suggest others to check out Maybelline's 2 LE gel liners first, since they are cheaper and are just as smooth.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

8 years ago

Its is a very close dupe for MACs Siahi from Mickey Contractor, but slightly blackened. The formula is perfect and budgeproof.

About reviewer (262 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

I was a little worried this would simply be a shimmery dupe of Penned fluidline, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it's a bit lighter and greener than Penned (also a little greener than Bobbi Brown Cobalt Ink and Sapphire shimmer gel liners, and much lighter than Indigo Ink). It's very pretty and unique, and looks great with champagne, grey and blue shadow.

About reviewer (926 reviews)

Age30-35