Dior Iconic Mascara in Chestnut Brown

Dior Iconic Mascara in Chestnut Brown

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unfortunately, I can share the hype.
I have short thin sparse lashes and this mascara doesn't do anything special for me.

Pros:
- love the color, very natural for my skin/hair type
- doesn't clump if applied in two layers
- doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes
- doesn't smudges, doesn't flake, doesn't transfer (I live in dry climate)
- comes off easily with a makeup remover

Cons:
- it's weird but I feel like way less mascara is on my lashes by the end of the day
- it doesn't make my poor eyelashes look longer, only more voluminous
- it doesn't hold the curl
- the wand it too large for short lashes

I've bought several tubes at one time. Counting the price I've paid and the fact that there is nothing terrible about it, I'll go through all of them, but I won't repurchase ever.
It's a fantastic mascara if you have lashes to begin with, and looking for a very natural result. Otherwise, do not bother.

on 6/8/2014 8:46:00 AM

This is a great mascara. The colour is perfect for fair-haired and lashed people, or those who want a more natural look. If you apply a single coat it is almost more like an eyelash tint, and it builds nicely if you want a more dramatic (yet still natural) lash.
It is the perfect brown as well, rich and not reddish or greyish.
I really like the tube too; it has a luxe feel but isn't ostentatious.

on 5/26/2014 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this. Wish I didn't as I do not like spending on mascara. Had the black a few times and saw this in brown. I love a brown that is brown, not just a brown/black. I am brunette and it brown looks more natural. I have short sparse lashes, so I am not trying for a dramatic effect. This is not a mascara that gives crazy thick or long lashes. So why pay for it?? Because, does not clump or flake and goes on comfortably. Never irritates my eyes. Can still build up a dramatic look. It looks really nice on. The brush is medium sized. It goes on wet, but not too wet. But it is over priced. . I have tried some other Diors too, as there are so many and they can look alike. This is my favorite. I can't say I have tried a ton of mascara, but I do wear it daily. I couldn't make it work till I found this. My eyes are sensitive. If it feels dry it hurts. My eyes water and this doesn't run, though I never buy waterproof, as it's sooo hard to remove.

Update: I am not a mascara freek so not the best judge, but this is one the few mascaras that never irritates my eyes. It's not too dry, which can bother my eyes. No allergies to it. It's not very wet either, so not messy. It does not flake or clump. I like chestnut. It's better than a brown/black. It is brown. It stays on. I don't have much lashes but I don't look right if they are too elongated. I re-purchased many times. Says a lot

on 10/31/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Ugh, I love this mascara so much. I say ugh because it is currently out of my budget (the one downside, for me, is the price). When I put this on, people ask me if I have false eyelashes. My lashes look thick and long. The color is perfect for fair skin and hair, it is natural looking yet accentuates the eyes. Someday when my circumstances change I will have room for this in my budget again and all will be well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Best mascara in the world! Doesn't dry out or clump onto lashes. Light enough for day wear, but buildable for evening. Seems to last for ages so well worth the price. The colour is great for pinky pale skin which black is too harsh for.

Love this mascara...afraid to read the ingrediants since I am phasing out all parabens....this stuff goes on great, doesnt clump, comes off with ease and looks natural....even on the bottom lashes. Its my favorite mascara and I have been buying different ones for 25 years....this is number one in my book