Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop

Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop

3.0

on 1/22/2016 8:01:00 PM

Hated this one. So pretty in the bottle but looks terrible on my nails.

Candy Shop is basically the same thing as Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday. But instead of multi-glitter in a clear base, the base is a gunky, sheer, pastel pink mess.

The formula is awful- so difficult to work with! And the end results are not pretty or flattering. Just looks busy and junky and teenybopper-ish.

This shade supposedly has a bunch of lower-priced dupes, but I don't why anyone would want to make a copy of a polish that sucks so badly.

Absolutely wouldn't buy this one again.

on 3/27/2013 2:04:00 PM

Loved the look in the bottle. It's too sheer for me. I usually add it over a base. I think you can find something similar for less. It did hold up well but won't repurchase.

To Read all 6 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/8/2013 10:45:00 AM

I love this color. Very fun and matches everything because of the various colors in it. When applying found it better to dab the polish on rather than brush to get a higher concentration of glitter. I also own Let's get the Party Started and Happy Birthday, however this is my fav! Def. a little hard to take off but that is to be expected.

on 12/31/2012 8:03:00 PM

Some Debra Lippmann polishes with glitter galore are great, others just don't look good enough for the pain in the rear they are to take off. This one is in that category. I tried it alone and over several base colors trying to like the texture and look of it, but I just didn't. I am sure this is just personal preference but for me, the colors weren't as impressive as they looked in the bottle and the glitter too chunky. I gave mine to a very young friend who will find it much more to her taste.

on 12/10/2012 2:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Super cute. I love DL's glitter polishes because they are so unique.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I got this polish in the Nordstrom's Anniversary set of three. I LOVED it in the bottle but it was such a sad let down. It doesn't look good on, very hard to work with, and is SOOOO hard to remove. It wasn't worth it at all to me- I would take these all back if my husband hadn't thrown out my receipt LOL

Popular Polishes