Bare Escentuals BareMinerals foundation #2.3 Medium Beige

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals foundation #2.3 Medium Beige

3.5

on 4/15/2017 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I used to love this at one time, until i got irritation etc from the bismuth in it. It covers well and hides redness and it lasts. However i did find it to be very over priced considering you can get barefaced beauty mineral foundation for half of what you pay for this and it lasts better. The bareminerals brushes are harsh too, i ended up throwing them away and using eco tools brushes to apply.

on 4/30/2016 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I cannot live without this. It's a great value since it lasts for months. One container will last me about 6 months. This is one of the best products ever. Whether I have a cyst-like pimple or just want a nice even glow, this is my solution, the difference is what tool I use. Personally, if I have a red zit, I'll tap a little into my clean palm, and dip my fingertip in and dap directly onto the offensive bump - GONE! Then a light dusting all over to blend with a brush and I'm gorgeous. I also use Tan for shading, Warmth for bronzer year round. I love Tinted Mineral Veil, too.

on 2/15/2013 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a HORRIBLE product, avoid Bare Minerals at ALL COSTS!!

Got this for myself on a splurge (this is Expensive with a capital E) and am regretting it terribly. When I first used it, I loved the effect the powder gave. It was really powder-cream as the write-up promised. And the blush that the starter kit came with gave my face nice definition.

But after using it twice, I noticed that my skin began to itch slightly. The itch got so bad on my fourth wear that I felt like I had to scratch my entire face off. It was so unbearable that I popped into the first drugstore I saw, bought a pack of make-up remover wipes and wiped the whole thing off before I put my nails to my face. Never used it since.

I discovered later that some of my friends had the same problem using this and she put it down to perspiration. She said that when she used it and did not perspire, her face did not itch.My research online said that the itch was due to bismuth oxychloride in the product. This is DEFINITELY NOT a pure-minerals product. I would give this a minus rating on MUA but unfortunately MUA does not allow that so I had to give it a 1.

DO NOT BUY!!!

on 2/6/2013 11:06:00 PM

I give this product a 4/5 because for the following reasons:

- it provides wonderful matte coverage (i have acne/acne scars)

-lasts almost all day

-easy to apply (tap, swirl, buff!)

-lasts for a few months

Cons:

-can sometimes cause a slight irritation (possibly allergic to one of the ingredients)

-somewhat expensive

-can only purchase at a bare escentuals location

I've made the mistake of not completely tightening the top and the powder went EVERYWHERE. it was not a pretty sight (or easy clean up).

I have used BareMinerals products for the past 7 years due to the fact that it provides great coverage and does not break my skin out. While I have to admit that my skin is not crystal clear,this makeup does help hide any trace of imperfection and gives me more confidence. I would suggest purchasing a BareMinerals kit with a full set of brushes and mineral veil. It's a perfect starter kit!

on 2/6/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I used to wear BE original formula when it first came to stores. I quit usuing it a couple years ago becuase it would make me oily. I just recently started using it again. I think it will be my winter foundation only. I love the coverage and glow it gives me...but I will hate that "glow" once my Arizona summer is in full force. It's weird because without makeup, I am not oily at all. But with this foundation and extremely hot temps, I get oil in my Tzone.During the winter, this is amazing. So, I highly recommend it for my skin type in the not-so-warm months. When summer comes around, I will try the matte version again.

Also, just an FYI- I use this over Hardy Candy Skin Perfecting Primer. I like BE's Primetime, but not as much as Hardy Candy.

on 11/3/2012 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I dont like the sticky (silky as they claim) feeling of BE minerals. It is buildable, but it looks really dry on my skin. and the color is not a perfect match, I looks pink with this shade, and switch to golden medium

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I actually can't decide if I would buy this again or not, because while it did make me look flawless and I always received compliments while wearing it, it also made me break out from time to time and it does settle in to creases and wht not , doesn't work great for dry ski I guess.

on 6/25/2012 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

When BE was new to the market, I tried this shade and I loved it. I was not happy with the short duration that it lasted on my skin but the shade was exactly my shade. I am supposedly NC30 but I am not that yellow. My skin is mostly beige than yellow. In fact, yellow shades make me look sick. The other thing that I do not care for in BE is their mineral veils. The original veil does not have a tint but it creates an ashy shade on the mmu. So I do not apply the mineral veil on this. When I apply this over my beloved Palladio Primer, it stays on for a long time. I also like the fact that this foundation truly makes my skin look and feel better. My test is always to see how my skin looks and feels when I wash off my foundation and indeed, this makes my skin look and feel good. I guess I am hooked on BE now. Last, but not least, I am not happy about the price on these products and that is why I only use their foundation.

this makes good skin better and since i can't claim that privilege, this foundation gets 2.5 lippies.

ITCHY: it makes my skin itch once i sweat a little which is shocking to me since reacting to makeup is almost unheard of for my tough, big pored, combination skin.

PORE-EMPHASISING: in day light, this foundation insists on highlighting the unevenness of my skin and on darkening my pores. even prime time's magic cannot save this. and prime time can save a lot.

AWESOME GLOW: i still use this sometimes cos of the incredible (im so happy and healthy) glow it gives although i restrict its glory to when there'll be cool air and dimmer lights. and since i don't lead a blanche dubois like existence, it's not very useful to me :(

on 4/20/2012 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I used to use this alone, but recently I've been using this foundation as a setting powder over liquid foundation. I prefer using this product over pressed powders. It gives a great flawless finish that's so light and pretty hard to look cakey. Another product I buy over and over again with this, is their foundation in Dark. It's by far the best contour/bronzer ever. Bare essentuals is great for a natural, flawless look.