Paula's Choice Moisture Boost One Step Face Cleanser

Paula's Choice Moisture Boost One Step Face Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (gentle cleansing agent), Methyl Gluceth-20 (skin-conditioning agent), Glycol Stearate (moisturizing thickener), Glyceryl Stearate (moisturizing thickener), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (soothing agent, anti-inflammatory), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (very mild cleansing/lather agent), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate (cleansing agents), Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA (skin-identical ingredients), Hydroxyethylcellulose (thickener), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Citric Acid (pH balancer), Phytic Acid (chelating agent to soften hard water), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Great for dry skin

- Leaves your skin feeling very comfortable with no dry/tight/stripped feeling
- Smells pleasant for something fragrance-free
- A little goes a long way! Great value!
- Leaves my combo skin feeling super fresh, even my slightly oily t zone
- Comes to a light lather, pretty easy to spread across the face
- Super gentle. Doesn't even sting blemishes or sunburnt areas. Would be great for sensitive/inflamed skin.

on 2/9/2016 1:14:00 PM

Pros :
-Moisturizes
-Doesnt strip skin at all
-great for skin types that need hydration and arent BREAKOUT PRONE AT ALL!

Cons :
-Feels too softening for my skin
-Skin feels kind of filmed by a layer of tackiness
-causes breakouts

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/27/2016 4:35:00 PM

Fyi, this product is also sold as Calm Redness Relief Cleanser (read the FAQ's for either product on PC's site and you will see). I've been using it for a day on my irritated skin and so far, it isn't causing my skin distress. It seems similar to PC's Skin Recovery cleanser before it was reformulated. I gave one lippy for packaging because it doesn't come w/ a pump nor does PC sell pumps (although they used to).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this cleanser! I initially tried a sample of it in conjunction with the Paula's Choice Toner and Moisturiser and I loved it straight away. It does exactly what it says. It removes all of my make up quickly and easily, makes my skin feel smoother and softer than I ever remember it feeling before, and doesn't dry out my normal to dry skin. If you're used to buying drugstore brands, you will find this product expensive, but I think it's worth it as it's easily the best cleanser I've ever used.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

UPDATE 7/19: I believe this has caused quite a few clogs on my chin/jaw/cheek area. I'm going to stop use for now and see if things clear up. Pretty disappointed since I had finally found something that didn't dry me out! Changing my rating for now, but may reevaluate in a few months.

I've been using this for about a month in rotation with a few other cleansers. This works well for me no matter what is going on with my skin and I can't say that for anything else I've tried. My skin is typically extremely oily, sensitive, and clog-prone, but it's also easily dehydrated and gets occasional inflammatory spots. So far I've had no issues with this cleanser and I like the fact that it rinses completely clean without causing dryness. I've also noticed that any redness is toned down quite a bit after use. I can't use most non-foaming cleansers like Cerave or Cetaphil because they clog the crap out of my skin, but this doesn't have any of my triggers so I've got my fingers crossed!

on 3/29/2015 7:23:00 PM

This is one of the best cleansers I've ever used. First off, the value is incredible, and the fact that it comes from Paula's Choice means, to me, that I can be confident that the claims made by the product are backed by its ingredients. I like that this cleanser foams slightly (most of theirs do not foam at all, but I like foam). It does not leave my face too dry/tight, but I definitely need to follow it with moisture. It is my HG cleanser, I only wish it came in a pump!

on 3/10/2015 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

To be fair, it could just be a case of using the wrong product for my skin type - the Moisture Boost line is targeted to those with normal-dry skin. I'm sensitive-dry. However, I did order samples first - and all was good so I ordered the full-size. I tried to use it four or five times but each time - my skin heated up and flushed bright red. I returned it and was refunded - PC has an excellent refund policy - so no complaints there. But if you're sensitive, tread carefully.

on 3/3/2015 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I had always felt I needed a foaming cleanser to get my skin clean; I use foundation (though not heavy) and believe strongly in thoroughly cleansing my face (don't get me started on the one time I used a makeup towelette!).

This cleanser changed my mind; it cleanses beautifully without (maybe a teensy bit) of foaming action, and rinses off completely, no residue as with any other creamy cleanser. Yet it does get you clean, much more so than Cetaphil. However, since I have ridiculously sensitive eyes, I do use a separate eye makeup remover. (Not willing to risk swollen shut eyes again!)

My skin is very finicky; I have a few patches of seborrheic dermatitis and this doesn't irritate those, nor does it make my oilier spots greasy. I gave my sister a small amount from my large bottle, then asked her several weeks later if she was going to order it. She said, she likes it just fine, but she doesn't need much and thinks that the couple of ounces I gave her will last for awhile (she doesn't use makeup).

If you have skin that reacts poorly to creamy cleansers that leave a film, and/or foaming ones that make your skin feel tight and dry, try this!

on 7/27/2014 10:34:00 AM

I HAD THE SAMPLE
This does offer moisture and it is a great option for dry skin. I did not have any problems using it.

on 2/5/2014 2:19:00 PM

This an excellent cleanser which I can't fault. Really silky ,cleanses well,no perfumes ,dyes or other unnecessary irritants.Safe for use around eyes and does not dry out my mature skin.However a cleanser is something that is off and on the skin in minutes. That's not to say use any old thing. But I can get the same effects with my Simple cleansing gel or L'oreals skin perfection cleanser at a fraction of the price.I'd rather splash out on a serum or moisturiser.Here in the UK, PC products are not cheap like for you American ladies and gents. However this is an excellent cleanser which I would highly recommend.