Paula's Choice Moisture Boost One Step Face Cleanser

Paula's Choice Moisture Boost One Step Face Cleanser
Moisture Boost One Step Face Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (gentle cleansing agent), Methyl Gluceth-20 (skin-conditioning agent), Glycol Stearate (moisturizing thickener), Glyceryl Stearate (moisturizing thickener), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (soothing agent, anti-inflammatory), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (very mild cleansing/lather agent), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate (cleansing agents), Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA (skin-identical ingredients), Hydroxyethylcellulose (thickener), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Citric Acid (pH balancer), Phytic Acid (chelating agent to soften hard water), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

on 2/24/2018 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Disappointed in this product... I bought the samples first and used them one night and decided to buy full size! It removed light makeup, produced a slight lather, absolutely no scent, and did not dry out my skin!! I was sold.
Unfortunately, the second night of use (still samples), I realized it was irritating my skin. Small to medium size bumps are forming already and there’s some under the skin redness on certain part of my face. I’m disappointed because I was looking for a cleanser that wasn’t as drying as the one I’m using now :( I wonder which ingredient irritates my skin...
I’ll have to return the full size once I receive it!
Also it’s drying! Moisture boost? I think not

on 5/13/2017 1:39:00 AM

The quality/price ratio is good especially if you buy the 16 fl oz bottle. It is a very gentle cleanser and doesn't strip you skin but it is not so effective removing heavy or waterproof make up so I usually use makeup remover before and use this cleanser with a clarisonic brush. Recommend to a friend. For $10 off follow this link https://goo.gl/byQqpB

on 2/3/2017 6:38:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is a good product which I tried instead of my usual PC Skin Recovery Cleanser. No particular reason, just wanted to try something different.This is the reformulated product I think. It's fine, cleans well and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. However, not to be too picky, this has a fragrance. It's faint and pleasant sort of like Christmas tree smell. Perhaps it is a natural smell from one of the ingredients but none of the other products I have used have it and PC states that all their products are fragrance free. I'll probably go back to the Skin Recovery line when it is gone. That's the only reason I said I wouldn't rebuy. I wish all these cleansers came with a pump. I saved one from another bottle which fits it and this makes it much easier to use.

Great for dry skin

- Leaves your skin feeling very comfortable with no dry/tight/stripped feeling
- Smells pleasant for something fragrance-free
- A little goes a long way! Great value!
- Leaves my combo skin feeling super fresh, even my slightly oily t zone
- Comes to a light lather, pretty easy to spread across the face
- Super gentle. Doesn't even sting blemishes or sunburnt areas. Would be great for sensitive/inflamed skin.

on 2/9/2016 1:14:00 PM

Pros :
-Moisturizes
-Doesnt strip skin at all
-great for skin types that need hydration and arent BREAKOUT PRONE AT ALL!

Cons :
-Feels too softening for my skin
-Skin feels kind of filmed by a layer of tackiness
-causes breakouts

on 1/27/2016 4:35:00 PM

Fyi, this product is also sold as Calm Redness Relief Cleanser (read the FAQ's for either product on PC's site and you will see). I've been using it for a day on my irritated skin and so far, it isn't causing my skin distress. It seems similar to PC's Skin Recovery cleanser before it was reformulated. I gave one lippy for packaging because it doesn't come w/ a pump nor does PC sell pumps (although they used to).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this cleanser! I initially tried a sample of it in conjunction with the Paula's Choice Toner and Moisturiser and I loved it straight away. It does exactly what it says. It removes all of my make up quickly and easily, makes my skin feel smoother and softer than I ever remember it feeling before, and doesn't dry out my normal to dry skin. If you're used to buying drugstore brands, you will find this product expensive, but I think it's worth it as it's easily the best cleanser I've ever used.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE 7/19: I believe this has caused quite a few clogs on my chin/jaw/cheek area. I'm going to stop use for now and see if things clear up. Pretty disappointed since I had finally found something that didn't dry me out! Changing my rating for now, but may reevaluate in a few months.

I've been using this for about a month in rotation with a few other cleansers. This works well for me no matter what is going on with my skin and I can't say that for anything else I've tried. My skin is typically extremely oily, sensitive, and clog-prone, but it's also easily dehydrated and gets occasional inflammatory spots. So far I've had no issues with this cleanser and I like the fact that it rinses completely clean without causing dryness. I've also noticed that any redness is toned down quite a bit after use. I can't use most non-foaming cleansers like Cerave or Cetaphil because they clog the crap out of my skin, but this doesn't have any of my triggers so I've got my fingers crossed!

on 3/29/2015 7:23:00 PM

This is one of the best cleansers I've ever used. First off, the value is incredible, and the fact that it comes from Paula's Choice means, to me, that I can be confident that the claims made by the product are backed by its ingredients. I like that this cleanser foams slightly (most of theirs do not foam at all, but I like foam). It does not leave my face too dry/tight, but I definitely need to follow it with moisture. It is my HG cleanser, I only wish it came in a pump!

on 3/10/2015 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

To be fair, it could just be a case of using the wrong product for my skin type - the Moisture Boost line is targeted to those with normal-dry skin. I'm sensitive-dry. However, I did order samples first - and all was good so I ordered the full-size. I tried to use it four or five times but each time - my skin heated up and flushed bright red. I returned it and was refunded - PC has an excellent refund policy - so no complaints there. But if you're sensitive, tread carefully.