Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Conditioner

Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Conditioner

3.4

on 4/15/2017 4:21:00 PM

I like this, I have dry damaged hair and this helps it and it smells good, $9 and I get the bonus size so not bad price I wouldn't use it every time I wash my hair though as I have a feeling I still need more moisture but it's a nice conditioner for using on occasion

I liked this better than the shampoo but still nothing special. Conditioner felt moisturizing and smooth but after my hair dried it made no difference. I dislike these containers....hard to get all the product out

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am super impressed and a bit amazed by this conditioner! My hair is fine, a bit damaged from constant color changes, and wavy/frizzy if I let it airdry but easily straightened with a blowout/iron.

My HG conditioner of all time used to be the old (pre 2013) Redken All Soft with avocado oil (cannot use the newer formula with argan, very drying). I have been on a mission for years to find a replacement and decided to try this because it contains avocado oil and it had some solid reviews online. I never buy drugstore products but was intrigued, especially for the price.

I have to say, this is seriously a very close 2nd place to the old Redken All Soft. In fact, the closest thing I have found in years and I buy/try/return a LOT of hair products. It's one of those conditioners that as soon as you put it in your hair, you can instantly run your fingers through effortlessly - and the smell is delicious!!

Afterwards, my hair is SUPER shiny, doesn't feel coated, looks very healthy/manageable and doesn't frizz when airdried. I use this with the Enjoy Luxury Shampoo (sulfate-free and gentle). Afterwards I use the AG Hair Moisture Conditioning Mist Detangling Spray + 1 pump of Redken Heat Glide mixed with 1 pump of Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum and blow out with a Sportnette Italian Round Boar bristle brush.

Will definitely try more products from company soon!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have very dry frizz-prone damaged looking hair. It is also quite thin. So I was looking for a product that would help condition my hair and help cope with bad hair days. Unfortunately, this only seemed to work for me in the initial few applications after which it did nothing for my hair. It smells good, but that's not what conditioners are meant for. Left my hair feeling rather dry and dull. Could be just the way my hair is and might need more work. Overall, would not re purchase once I'm through with my current supply. Rather disappointing!

on 2/22/2016 8:41:00 AM

This has always been one of my favorite drugstore conditioners. Works well to moisturize my hair and leave it smooth and soft. Smells very good too! Can't beat the price and this is my go-to at CVS when I'm on a budget.

on 2/2/2016 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

LOVE this! The shampoo is ridiculously thick - you only need the tiniest bit and mix it with water. My scalp is oily and prone to itchy, painful bumps which have totally gone since I have been using this shampoo and conditioner (alternating with the Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil products from OGX as well). My hair is damaged, baby fine and very porous. Normally I need at least twice as much conditioner as I do shampoo. Not the case with this stuff. If you can imagine it's more like a body butter than a body lotion, you're getting the idea of how thick and creamy it is. I really didn't think this was going to be great with my hair. Meanwhile, I use about half a teaspoon of the conditioner and it is more than enough to massage through from my ears down to the tips. (I never do my roots) Because it's so thick, it stays on your hands, which gives more control of application. I'm not crazy about the smell - it's sweet and nutty - almost chocolatey. I'm sure lots of people would love that, though. The end result is hair that is surprisingly full, soft and silky. I'm hooked.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I actually love this conditioner as it always leaves my hair feeling softer, moisturized, and more manageable. It is very thick due to the silicone content and cocoa butter. My hair LOVES silicone. Additionally, this actually has more keratin than a lot of the higher end brands I've bought from. My hair feels healthy after using this, although I do not believe it permanently undoes damage because it doesn't repair broken bonds in hair (only olaplex can do that). But nevertheless, on a regular basis, this conditioner is in my top 5 for conditioning masques.

My ONLY gripe is that fragrance is so high up in the ingredient list: Deionized Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycol Stearate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Parfum, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Theobroma Cacao Extract (Cocoa Butter), Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract (Aloe Leaf), Panthenol, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 40, Yellow 5

Tip: You can actually buy a CVS knock off for a few bucks cheaper. I reviewed this one a while back because the Organix was out of stock (looked up ingredients online on my cell while in store to compare). Here is the CVS Keratin Straightening Conditioner ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycol Stearate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydrolyzed Keratin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 40 (CI 16035), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 12/18/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My hair has never felt so soft! I have dry, damaged, thick hair and using just a bit of this conditioner works wonders.

on 9/21/2014 4:30:00 PM

I have longer than shoulder lengh naturally dark brown hair, thick, and is wavy but tamable.
It has been highlighted and lowlighted for the past 6 years, whenever I get bored so I need moisture for my hair.

The first time I used this product it did not do anything regarding straightening abilities, and did not smooth it out. I used it a few more times and alternated conditioners and this one left the least amount of moisture.

None, if anything. I know it is sulfate-free, but I use Aveda leave in which is also sulfate free and it does an amazing job leaving my hair smooth. I was looking for an alternative leave in as the aformentioned one costs 120$/500ml.

I decided to write a review because yesterday after I used the Organix product it left my hair knotty, unmanagable, rough, and I used 3 pumps of moroccan oil and it still felt rough. My hair was clumping, and I was scared to wash it today.

Despite that, I used an old bottle of l'oreal mask which I know has a lot of sulfates and it feels amazing at this moment.

This conditioner smells amazing, but does nothing for moisture or straightening my hair. I would get the same result if I did not use the conditioner. I know it is not because it is sulfate free because the AVEDA one does wonders, but crazy expensive. I will keep on looking.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This product is straight down the middle of average for me. I absolutely adored the scent, and the texture of the conditioner was nice and creamy, but I didn't find it was anything close to a "therapy" for my hair. It did the job of a conditioner, but didn't stand out as any better than cheapie Palmolive or Tresseme types. For the price, which I paid AUD $20, there are much better conditioners out there- Matrix's Hyrdatherapie range costs about the same and moisturises my hair triple the amount that the Keratin Therapy conditioner did. Give it a go if you're looking for a basic conditioner that will give your hair a gorgeous smell, but don't expect any miracles.