Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.
Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.Smashbox, Too Faced, Benefit and Laura GellarStudio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 9/1/2017 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

There are so many good things about this foundation but unfortunately it made me break out. I haven't had cystic acne in years but this gave me 3 large cystic pimples in places I've never even had acne (cheeks). I found the perfect color match which is important. I am t-zone oily and live in Texas and this kept my oil away all day!!! It has good coverage and nice matte finish. I won't be repurchasing due to the breakouts. I'm sad because it is hard to find a foundation that controls my oil. :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The coverage was nice and it sets to a dry powder finish. What I didn't understand was how is this supposed to be hydrating? I have pretty dry skin but not dehydrated and I found this to make my skin dry out even more throughout the day.

on 7/12/2017 4:59:00 PM

I can honestly say that this foundation delivered full coverage and I didn't need any concealer even for some of the more red patches or blemishes on my skin.
Unfortunately, from my point of view, there are some cons to this product:

-It clogged my pores from the very 1st application. This actually contains several comedogenic ingredients according to acnemantra.com :(

-None of the shades fit my very fair skin with yellow undertones. The shades number 1 and 1.1. are *almost* right for my skin tone, but they did leave my face looking a bit too greyish.

-The consistency is a bit too sticky for my taste.

-With it's high coverage etc. it's no surprise that this will look like you have a stage makeup on. I would not use this during the day because it does look heavy.

-The backlash is ridiculous :'D

TL;DR:
If you have good/ok skin, choose another foundation. You simply can't create a natural look with this.

If you need some hard core coverage and your skin isn't prone to getting clogged, go for it.

on 7/4/2017 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have pretty much zero loyalty when it comes to foundation and decided to try something new for summer. Summers where I live are live are very hot and humid, makeup melt is a real thing. I do have dry skin and the previous foundations I had used were meant for dry skin or were oil based. I wasn't sure I would like this as anything matte tends to look awful on my skin. I swatched this first, and was surprised as it didn't look or feel like matte foundation, as it had just a bit of a sheen to it. Swatched my matching shade in another matter long wearing foundation for comparison, and there was a big difference. Bought this and gave it a test run the same night, and would say yes the finish is matte, but it's not that harsh, flat ashy matte, but more of a soft matte. Blends well with and without primer, coverage it medium to full. I did have some wear issues after 5 hours in 96F weather with high humidity, but does quite well indoors. Currently runs $42USD which is about average for mid end brands. Has a hygienic pump, always a plus, but this particular one does not dispense a lot of product so it may take an extra half or full pump to get enough product. Covers surface redness well, and though it won't fully cover major pigmentation issues, it does make them a lot less noticeable. Pretty good shade selection, though they could use a shade darker than their current darkest one and possibly something for fair/light olive skin. Feels light and comfortable on the face, and does not look heavy, not a common find for something with this level of coverage. 4/5, and would buy again.

on 7/3/2017 1:41:00 AM

This foundation breaks my heart a bit because it has the potential to be amazing but just doesn't cut it for me.

Pros: It is extremely hard for me to find a perfect colour match for my skin and this in 1.2 is exact. It is one of the only foundations I can use where I don't have to put it all over my face to make it look even, I can just put it in the areas I need it. It also does not come off. I realised this after I swatched it on my hand, let it dry, and tried to smudge it with my fingers and it stayed put. The packaging is great, one pump gives me enough to apply with a brush in a sheer layer.

Cons: Because this foundation does form such a strong and sticky film which makes it so long lasting, it kind of looks a bit strange on the skin. I found that even though the colour was perfect, it made me look washed out and pallid, and made my skin look and feel dry and dull, even though my skin is normal to oily, so not hydrating at all. Even though I don't need to wear it thick and tend to use a very sheer layer, it still looks dry and a bit cakey, especially through the day, and no amount of blush or highlighter (even cream products) will make my face look less sallow and dull while wearing this.

Conclusion - I wish it worked for me because of the colour match and it's the longest lasting foundation I've used. I mix what I have left of this with my MAC Studio Face and Body and this creates a nicer finish and is good when I need more coverage than just the Face and Body alone. I wouldn't really recommend this for dry or normal skin, it is probably better for oily skins and good for summer when you need your foundation to last in humid weather. I think there are definitely better looking foundations out there and won't be repurchasing.

on 6/29/2017 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This has been my one and only foundation since 2011. The finish is beautiful, lasts all day, doesn't dry out my already parched skin. I have issues with face products causing breakouts (foundation, primer, moisturiser, etc), but never had that problem with this. The colour 1.2 is my perfect match. I love the glass bottle, and the pump. I would seriously be distraught if/when this gets cancelled.

Not my favorite bottle because I feel like it wastes a lot of product BUT it's amazing!! I used to use Clinique stay matte foundation but it just wasn't cutting it anymore. I switched to this after reading all the reviews and it was the best decision I've made! My skin tends to break out with all kinds of foundations, but this applies perfectly and covers everything without getting cakes. Since I got this before I starting getting darker, I mix NXY tinted moisturizer with this and it's BEAUTIFUL. I get a lovely glow and it stays on for a really long time. So worth it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is definitely a good color match. The name is totally misleading because it's not "hydrating," a dewy finish, or even satin. In fact it's a lightweight matte. I didn't like how chalky & patchy my nose looked after just an hour & my face felt dry. The rest of my face looked a bit cakey, especially towards the end of the day. I was expecting a much different outcome, so I'm very disappointed. I like the packaging (especially the pump) & size of the bottle though.

on 5/14/2017 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! For me, it actually does last at least the 15 hours it claims to.

A word to the wise though, this is one you need to test the colors in person! Nordstrom currently has them discounted for online orders, and I thought I was going to be at least "close" to what I needed.

Wrong, so very very wrong!

I'd read reviews stating these run dark and warm, but, I underestimated exactly how warm, (and dark for that matter, but not so much of an issue).

My habit for foundation buying is to get two shades, right from the get go. One that matches my actual face (which is paler than my chest) and a darker one to use in varying amounts as either a bronzer in the "3" shape around my face, to mix with the lighter shade for all over, when its summertime, and so forth.

It took me THREE tries to get two shades that would work! And, honestly, if you're cool toned and very fair, I don't know if there will be a shade for you.

Nordstrom has a color chart showing it worn on actual model faces, with the notation of color and its undertone with each picture. That helps, but not enough.

I am medium fair. And have a pretty much neutral complexion. I started out with two "neutral" shades, and wanted to love them, but they were so dark and peachy! (the first ones I bought online - why oh why can't I learn!)

Then I went to the mall, and anyone who lives near the Washington DC area will understand why it had been a major goal to avoid doing this, the traffic is just so horrific. Always. But, to the mall I went. And a Smashbox artist helped me pick out two different shades. I wasn't really loving them, (she was putting all the tester samples on her arm instead of on me . The colors were closer to being what I needed as far as matching depth of color, but, they really didn't seem any less warm, well, maybe they were more yellow and less peach?? But, I was pressed for time, and went with what she picked.

Oh my, not good. I had no option to wear it as minimal makeup. If I had ANY on, I had to cover my neck completely, and even my ears!

Back I went, and was lucky to be left to try the testers on my own without much assistance. I finally opted for 2.15 for the lighter "match my real face" shade. It says it is a cool beige with neutral undertones. It is soooo not "cool" it still has a yellow cast, but it is "almost" neutral. For the darker shade, I went back with what I'd originally chosen online 4.05. This is very dark (I'm caucasian) and I could never hope my body would tan enough to wear this without mixing some of the lighter into it, but, it was the lightest darker shades that was not extremely warm.

I got home, and mixed the two together to get what I needed for my bronzing shade, and I'm fine with doing this, I usually do anyway, but, in this case there was NO option to pick a darker "tanned me" shade with the right tone which I could use straight from the bottle. It does not exist. I have some little squeeze bottles I use for travel, and I put what I mixed into one, because I did not want to have to mix every time I put on makeup.

All of the hassle was totally worth it, because it truly is a lovely foundation! It lasts, doesn't collect in pores or wrinkles, doesn't go patchy, doesn't transfer, doesn't oxidize.

So many medium/full coverage foundations that are supposedly long wearing, and good for mature, dry skin have been major disappointments for me. This one I can see myself being loyal to.

The Smashbox artist urged me to use their primer with it (which I personally dislike) samples come with the foundation in the box, and I did try once, and did not feel the need to use it. The primer made for a more sheer application, and might possibly make my skin look more "airbrushed" to a degree, but, I prefer it just worn over my regular sunscreen (the foundation does not have any spf listed)
I wear Shiseido Senka Aging Care UV Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++ . It is wonderful! and under 7 US $ on Amazon. It makes a great primer/base for any foundation I've tried it with.

on 5/13/2017 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wasn't overly impressed with this foundation, it goes on light and smooth at first , but tends to dry fast and I don't like the tacky feel on my skin, like it doesn't sit well on the skin..seems patchy too...it doesn't give the smooth creamy coverage I like, my skin being mature and normal to dry...it doesn't cover imperfections well...it feel it on my skin too,like a tight feeling, I don't know, why they call it hydrating because it doesn't feel hydrating to me..I feel normal to combination skin might like that better ...it has a tacky feel, and doesn't make my face look great...not for me..