Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating FoundationSmashbox, Too Faced, Benefit and Laura GellarStudio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation

3.8

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 1/5/2018 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an okay foundation, but I would not recommend purchasing for the price, at least if you have similar skin type to mine. It sounds like it would be exactly what my dry skin needs, a long lasting hydrating foundation, but it's not hydrating at all (especially in the winter). If I really put in a lot of time to prep my skin then this can look okay (i.e. really moisturizing primers and facial mists), but otherwise it can at times cling to dry skin on my face and make me look dehydrated by the end of the day. The one pro is it does last well on my skin throughout the day and doesn't break down. I've seen on youtube that a lot of girls with oily skin seem to like this formula? Not to be for me. No major fragrance detected and it has a somewhat thicker consistency that results in about medium coverage.

I have shade 1.2 warm fair as I was looking for a winter shade but it's a tad light for me at the moment. Usually I'm around NC25 but I think around now I'm closer to NC20 for a shade reference.

on 1/1/2018 9:24:00 AM

i got a sample of this foundation to test out, as i needed a foundation with no flashback and would last a long time- this foundation failed me on both terms. Considering it is marketed as a foundation suitable for hd etc etc, the flashback was very evident, giving me a ghostly white cast.
the coverage was fairly nonexistent, and not build-able at all, it wore off within 3 hours over acne, and made my (fairly large) pores look even bigger. even on my dry patches, it felt heavy and dry- which was disappointing considering it is not that good at oil control either.
For reference, my favorite foundation is the borjois healthy mix, which is long wearing and gives me a glow without making me look like a grease ball in an hour. it also feels weightless and wears beautifully!

on 12/18/2017 11:46:00 AM

It is considerable as it is light and feels light and I like tge coverage but you have to apply primer first othetwise you might feel your skin dry.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Pitiful. I’m sorry, this is one of the worst foundation products I have ever tried, and yes, I did use their primer first. Absolutely no coverage, applying layer upon layer and building nothing more than a shiny nose. 15 hours? Try 45 minutes. I do not have oily skin in the least either. Save your money, most drug store brands offer a better look than this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

While I liked the Silk Makeup by Clinique my sensitive skin did not like it at all! So back to the drawing board for a foundation and came across this at Macys! So glad I did! I have it in 1.1 fair and it's a good match for me. I can hardly tell I am wearing it at all so light weight! Awesome! I use it with the green Primer to reduce my redness and out the door I go! My new favorite!

on 11/28/2017 8:56:00 AM

0.5, the lightest shade they do, was slightly too dark for me.
The worst issue however was the separation, by lunch time my nose and chin looked awful. A good test I found for finding out if a foundation separates is by doing a swatch test on your arm, wait for it too dry, then lightly rub to see if it smudges or separates. Double wear was also bad for this. Mac studio fix is fantastic, however watch out for oxidation before committing to a shade!

on 11/17/2017 10:47:00 AM

This is my HG foundation. I have used it for years, and anytime I try something new, I come running right back to it. It blends easily, has an excellent range of colors, and stays on like mad (with primer, of course). The finish is a perfect marriage between natural and matte. I get lots of compliments on my skin when I wear this, which is amazing because I don't have naturally great skin. In fact, I use two prescription creams to keep me clear. That said, it does cling to my dry spots in the winter time. But, I haven't found any foundation that doesn't do that (because prescription creams dry me out in some spots soooo badly).

on 11/8/2017 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this foundation since I heard good things about it for oily skin. But it didn’t work for me. I actually washed it off my face after applying it. I almost never had to do that before with any foundation. Luckily I only had a sample. The foundation is just very cakey. It feels a bit like a tinted glue. It felt matte which I like but it caked up on my nose, in and between my eyebrows, under my eyes. I tried to blend it out with my beauty blender but it just got worse! Very strange. It just did not look good. It could have great staying power, that’s what I heard but I didn’t feel like going out with it. This rarely happens to me. Packaging is nice though.

on 11/4/2017 7:17:00 PM

I normally use the SB photofinish powder Foundation in #3 and it works well for me.

Today I had a SB makeover and asked to try this foundation to have a more full coverage option. The SB rep used #1.15 (peach fair) and by the time I got home, it had oxidized so much that my kids said it looked orange (they weren’t exaggerating). This was with the SB photofinish oil free primer underneath too.

I went back and asked to try 1.1 and it looked too pink. She recommended 2.1 but there was no way I was going darker so I ended up returning it

I don’t have a particularly difficult skin tone to match so I found it strange that the rep (as opposed to a sales associate) couldn’t match me. This isn’t the first foundation to oxidize on me, so that isn’t surprising.

on 11/1/2017 2:32:00 PM

Absolutely perfect for acne prone skin or skin prone to dry patches! This is one of the only few foundations I've ever used which does not accentuate or cling to dry patches! Lasts really well, the coverage is great, and the colour match is pretty much spot on too. One of my faves for troublesome skin!