Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.
Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.Smashbox, Too Faced, Benefit and Laura Gellar

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 4/14/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

After a NARS All Day Luminous nightmare, I decided to give this a try based on reviews and videos. I also researched to learn that this is comparable to MAC Pro Longwear, which is what I usually use because of its ability to hold up through the day in various temperatures. I left Sephora wearing this last night after exchanging the NARS nightmare for this and kept in on until I was ready to shower about 5 hours later and it still look flawless. I did my usual make-up routine this morning and 6 hours into the day, no melting, no caking, no settling into lines or scars...it still looks like it did when I applied it this morning! This foundation has a nice creamy texture and a little bit goes a long way. It is easily build-able (I played around with it this morning), although a single layer gives great coverage. The best thing is that it sets quickly! If you're a person who has limited time to spend on make-up, this foundation is already set by time you apply it to your entire face. The pigmentation is amazing which is why it yields such great coverage with just a little bit of product. The finish is semi-matte, but does make you appear as flat as a typically matte finish would. I like just a tad of a sun-kissed appearance in warmer weather, so I used a small amount of bronzer to add some dimension to my face this morning and it looks very natural. I will add that I have an old hairline scar that runs diagonally from my upper lip to my cheek and my old trusty MAC even settled into this scar a bit...this foundation does not, so I am extremely pleased with it overall!

on 4/11/2017 11:25:00 AM

This gives my older combo skin great coverage. In the winter I like the hydrating properties and it's less matte than Estee Lauder's Doublewear. It does not settle in fine lines. Sometimes it gives me polka dot pores on my nose, but I can eliminate those with the Milk Blur Stick used only on my nose. This gives me a lit from within quality when used with the Cover FX Illuminating Primer. One of the best I've tried for older skin. I use the lightest shade (.5) and I'm about a Nc15 in MAC and 1C1 Cool Bone in Doublewear.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great foundation for pictures and events. It's medium coverage. It can be layered easily and looks like skin even up close. Looks great in pictures and in all different types of lighting. The color range is pretty good as well. I use a buffing brush and use quick short strokes to buff this in. The only issue I have with it is that it dries very quickly so you have to work fast. You can't just spread this all over your face then blend. You must blend in sections and let dry. Then apply another layer if you need more coverage. Shake the bottle before using !

on 3/7/2017 7:29:00 PM

I can't tell you how disappointed I am with this product! After reading and watching countless YouTube reviews, I thought it would be great for my combination skin and keeping my t-zone shine under control. I swatched my neck in store and picked 0.5 as a reasonable match. It felt a little thicker than my usual foundations (e.g. Ultra HD, NAKED, luminous silk) but nothing crazy, and neither my neck or the back of my hand showed up anything weird. I purchased a full bottle along with the pore minimising primer (which I love btw). I can't quite explain how this foundation sits on my skin. My skin is normal/combination and I exfoliate everyday, so my skin is generally pretty damn flawless in texture. Somehow, this 'hydrating' foundation made my skin look like the Sahara desert. It's almost as if it was dehydrating and flaking my skin right before my eyes! It was patchy and would not blend. I even bought a new foundation brush to try it with as this seemed to be the preferred application method amongst reviewers. I tried everything! With and without primer, and with and without moisturiser even to see if it was reacting with my skin care products. I tried applying it with fingers, brush and sponge, to no avail. I even tried mixing it with a little oil to add some hydration. Nothing worked! The best way I can describe the finished look is as if my skin was crumbling off my face. It looks like when I had Fraxel laser on my face. The days following the treatment the skin is dry and starts crumbling off. It's very hard to apply makeup because the skin is so dry and textured. That is the look this foundation achieves on me. Dry, crumbling skin! I wore my make up forever HD ultra today, and although it's not a perfect colour match for me, it is literally a dream compared to this product. My skin looked flawless. I'd happily put up with a bit of shine in the t-zone, rather than looking 10 years older with this horrible product!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a light to medium range and the color of 2.1 (light beige) is really great for me. It is darker on the fair spectrum and lighter on the medium spectrum. I have a yellow undertone. Price is average...about $42. I use this foundation as my year-round, full coverage. Packing is basic, simple and is heavy in weight. Overall, you get what you pay for :)

on 2/27/2017 8:42:00 PM

The only thing I liked about this foundation was the packaging. I've used Smashbox liquid foundations and their brushes in the past, and LOVED them, but this foundation was absolutely terrible. You can build it up to medium coverage, but it is extremely difficult to blend. It took a dense brush and then a beauty blender to even get this to look acceptable. The texture is patchy and separates through the day as well. This was just too cakey for me, and it didn't blend well.

on 2/27/2017 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm not usually the one to wear a hydrating foundation. I am Queen of matte everything. I just so happened to try this on a whim and OMG!!!! Where has this been my whole life? I mainly only wear Kat Von D lock it and I have a few other backups but none worth raving about. Oh but this one!! This gives me so much life. I actually use this as an everyday makeup. It's very light weight, but you can build it to your liking. I would recommend this to people who have fairly decent skin. I am blessed with good skin (shout out to my parents) so i don't need much coverage.

I hate most foundations but I don't have perfect skin so I have to wear one. This is the only foundation I always run back to, it is a little drying but the shades are awesome (I have rosacea so love the fact there are yellow toned ones). It doesn't cover everything but does a pretty good job. It's the best foundation I've tried so far, I can always trust it. Thanks Smashbox!

on 2/20/2017 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

doesn't really go onto my dry skin well, even though its supposed to be a hydrating water based foundation. it stays quite cakey and yet not extremely buildable, it gets soaked up a lot by my beauty blender but then doesnt blend well enough when i use a brush. it builds on top of dry patches, somehow covering and emphasising them at the same time. i'm using 2.1 which goes on a good shade but oxidises to slightly orange/yellow sort of a tint like an egg yolk.... not the most horrible foundation i've used but considering the price there are definitely others out there that would do the job better. would recommend the bb water over this any day.

on 2/18/2017 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Even tho the formula is runny, the blending is so hard, both with a beauty blender and a brush. I'm a Mac c40-c5 and there is no shade for me. 3.15 has rosy undertones and it's too light, 3.2 is too brown. I can't make none work. Anyways this foundation highlights pores and it doesn't set well with any powder I own.