Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.
Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.Smashbox, Too Faced, Benefit and Laura Gellar

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 1/17/2017 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Been using this foundation for a few years, I really like it. I mix a drop each of two different colors with a drop of Shiseido liquid foundation, and a drop of olay regenerist serum, the mixture is a good color match and gives a semi-sheer, dewy finish. I wear it over clinique moisture surge face cream, smashbox primer, finish with UD all nighter setting spray. I have kinda oily, sensitive skin, this combo wears very well (12+ hours) and my skin looks and feels great throughout the day.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for about a month and I really like it. I find it very easy to apply, I actually just use my fingers and it spreads quite nicely and is easy to build coverage, I haven't tried to build it more than a medium coverage. I know nowadays everyone either uses a beauty blender or a brush, but I grew up applying foundation with just my fingers (I hear the younger people shuddering and gasping for air), I also don't use a primer (I fear some have now fainted). I simply apply my serum, moisturizer and eye cream, let them absorb for a few minutes and then put on my foundation, which on my lazy days is also my concealer. I prefer a dewier look so I only apply a little powder on my eyelids, down my nose and on my chin. I don't get 15 hrs out of it, but then again I don't usually have my make up on that long, but I get at least 7 to 8 hrs which works for me. My skin is also on the dry side with a slightly oily T-zone, I also break out if a product looks at me wrong, while still in its packaging. At 53, this can be very frustrating. However I have had no issues with this foundation and breakouts, which if they were going to happen, would have done so already. All in all, I am very pleased with my purchase, and would buy it again.

Just a little additional info, I have used Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation for 15+ yrs and I loved it and still do. It just transfers more readily than the Smashbox. I have also used It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation with fair results in the summer. Living in Oklahoma in the summer is kinda of like living in hell, which means you are going to sweat more than you would think your body could. This means that your moisturizer, foundation, powder, whatever will be running off your face in sheets if you spend any length of time outside. Summer will be the true test for this foundation, as I have yet to find one that I don't sweat off.

on 1/6/2017 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this foundation for a few months now and I'm really impressed. This is the first smashbox product I've tried. This foundation is my new favourite. I've oily skin and I'm prone to breakouts and this covers everything really well. It's defiantly more a medium coverage and has a really natural finish (which I never usual go for) , but it's never greasy looking. Never feels heavy on the skin either and lasts really well through out the day. The pump doesn't dispense too much product so you will need a few pumps to cover your face. Will defiantly be repurchasing this as soon as I finish my bottle.

I finally found my holy grail foundation! I love this stuff! It is a beautiful medium coverage and I use a sponge to blend it into my skin. This is the only foundation I have ever used that stays put all day on my combo-oily skin. I blot like twice a day and the foundation still looks fantastic. It doesn't cake up or wear off at all on me. It also doesn't horribly sink into laugh lines or fine lines around my eyes.

Edit: So, I have noticed that this doesn't handle dry skin well. Make sure to exfoliate and moisturize before using this!

on 12/29/2016 6:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I've been using this foundation for a few months now and I absolutely love it. I have combination skin and although this gives a very natural/dewy finish, it has performed very well on both the oily and dry parts of my face.

PROS:
- Probably the most lightweight foundation I've ever tried. It feels great.
- Very good at evening out minor discoloration and looks natural.
- DOESN'T TRANSFER AT ALL! Sooo so cool. I lean my head on my boyfriend's shoulders all the time and I've never ruined any of his sweatshirts with this stuff.
- It does last all day for me.
- I'm a typical acne prone teen and this has never caused any breakouts.
- Makes more pores look great somehow.
- Very easy to handle, if that makes sense? You can apply this with anything and it'll look nice.

CONS:
- This is advertised as a "medium to full coverage" foundation, but I'd go ahead and say that you'd never get farther than medium with this one. I've been leaning towards more natural looking everyday makeup looks so I don't mind this personally, but the reason why I had to give it a 4 and not a 5 is because their coverage claim is way off. I apply one coat with a beauty blender and it does cover uneven coloration and VERY light redness but for sure will not cover blemishes even if you apply half the bottle.
- Takes awhile to fully dry down. Again I don't really mind this and it's not like it's wet and sticky like how some foundations get, but I'd recommend applying translucent powder under other powder products if you apply those very soon after your foundation to prevent patchyness/skipping.
- For some reason I think a little does not go a long way at all lol. I always need at least two pumps to cover my face and neck, and I only do one coat. Maybe it's because I have a big head or maybe the pumps are really small, I have no idea.

I'd highly recommend this to someone who likes natural looking makeup or has minor skin discoloration/scars/pores and nothing more. It has a natural/satin/inner glow type finish, and just feels incredible. However, this definitely has sheer to medium coverage and not their stated "medium to full", and I personally believe that the coverage ability is something a foundation should never falsely advertise, so for that reason it is a 4/5 and not a 5.

on 12/28/2016 3:22:00 AM

This is a very nice product at first but after a long day the foundation tends to dry out too much.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've finished an entire bottle of this now, so I think I have finally formulated an opinion on this foundation. I have a pretty large collection of foundations, so it took me about a year and a half to finish the full one fluid ounce.

Background info: I have the shade 2.1 and I'm around an NC30. This shade is not yellow enough for me by any means. It looks quite neutral on my skin, so I usually blend it down my neck. Since I've bought it, however, they have released more shades, though I still think this one is the closest match to me. I have pretty picky skin: sensitive, dehydrated but oily, with a fair amount of hyperpigmentation.

Coverage: This foundation claims to be full coverage. I do not agree with this claim. I put a generous amount on when I use this foundation and get about a medium coverage. With another layer I get about a medium-high coverage and don't bother to layer another layer on or it'll feel too thick. The consistency of this foundation is between thick and liquidy but feels tacky to the touch. It does not set on it's own--I find that it still feels tacky even after a considerable amount of time. You MUST set your foundation, in my opinion, in order to do any contouring/highlighting/blush. It will look patchy otherwise. You definitely do feel this foundation on your face as well--I wouldn't say that this is lightweight, but it doesn't feel extremely heavy either.

Wear: I can wear this foundation for about 5-6 hours before I'm starting to look really "dewy" (aka oily lol). The best thing about this foundation, however, and the sole reason I continue to use it, is that it doesn't settle into my fine lines. I usually get terrible creasing in my smile lines, especially with matte foundations because I either talk too much of I smile too much. Somehow, magically, this foundation stays put and gives me minimal creasing. Because of this, I will sometimes mix this foundation with other foundations that give me TERRIBLE creasing (looking at you, Marc Jacobs Remarcable!). This is the only foundation that I've used thus far that still looks great around my mouth all day.

Finish: Like beforementioned, I get oily at around 5-6 hours, but upon applying, this foundation actually looks really healthy on my skin. I wouldn't say it's a matte finish, but it's not dewy either. It looks to be a satin finish with a slightly "moisturized" look. I don't get this finish with long-lasting foundations often. I like that this makes my skin look healthy. However, in areas where you do layer on foundation for extra coverage, this does tend to look a little bit thicker and heavy.

Photo: This foundation does look extremely good in photos. Like the rest of Smashbox's makeup, this foundation is meant for photography. I wore it when I took a passport photo and my foundation and skin looked great which is a first for any government photo.

I'm already going to repurchase this. I think it's a great foundation mixer, especially for those who want a long-lasting but moisturizing foundation. It's also great for oily skinned girls who get a ton of creasing around the mouth, nose, or wherever creasing usually happens. If you need more coverage, you can add more or less, but overall, I am very pleased with this foundation and just wish that they catered to more yellow/olive skin tones!

on 12/4/2016 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I'm on a liquid foundation roll at the moment, so I'm going to review each of them as I go along.

This is a lightweight foundation that provides light to medium coverage and is buildable.
The first thing I noticed about this is that it's hard to get right. I've had a really bad breakout, so I'm looking for something that will take care of the oiliness, provide good coverage, has minimal transfer and doesn't make me break out more.

First, I tried it over moisturiser with which I mixed a few drops of oil as it's winter, and my skin can be a little dry. I stippled the foundation on with my Cover FX Custom Blending Brush and set with Becca Blotting Powder (Transluscent). It looked nice in the beginning but seemed to separate around early afternoon. It also looked kind of ashy.

Then I used Sigma F80 brush to blend and decided not to set with any powder. Disaster...

Then I used the Urban Decay Blurring Brush and set with the Becca Blotting Powder. I ended up looking ashy and oily at the same time.

Finally - after watching endless YouTube videos - I decided to use a BeautyBlender to blend out the foundation and set my T-zone (as well as eyelids and under-eyes) with Sacha Cosmetics Buttercup powder. I also decided to use moisturiser alone, without oil. This combination was a winner.

Pros:

- Lightweight - you almost don't feel it. It feels and looks more like skin and is therefore more suitable for everyday.
- It's buildable: You can have a more sheer coverage or build up nicely to medium coverage.
- It barely transfers. This is a big plus for me as I hate seeing a foundation trail all over my desk at work. Not cool.
- The colour match is superb. I wear 4.3 and it matches my skin perfectly.
- The packaging is smaller and fits nicely into my makeup bag. The pump is great too.
- It's not too liquid and not too thick. This makes it easier to blend.
- It is long-lasting once you know what you're doing and stays exactly the same at the end of the day. It definitely stays on for 12 hours (that's how long I had it on today).
- It's not too expensive (or am I just spending too much on foundation??). It retails for £29 at Boots.
- It has no scent. I like that.

Cons:

- It takes a while to get the hang of. As you can see, it took several brushes, a BeautyBlender and tons of YouTube videos to get it right. Foundation shouldn't be such a mystery to get right.
- I haven't tried it with a primer yet, but it might be something worth looking into. If you are extremely oily, this will separate after a few hours. It's also wise to set with a powder on the places you are most oily. If you are dark and have a yellow undertone, try Sacha Buttercup - it's works much nicer with this foundation than translucent powders.
- If you want fuller coverage, you'll need to either use a concealer or build up a little bit. Or move on to another foundation...
- I'm not sure how this foundation will fare on my skin in the summer as my skin is usually much oilier then. I'll probably have to find a different alternative...

All in all - I like it. One lippy off for all the hassle I've had to go through to get it right. I would purchase again if I ever finished it. And if I ever post that I've finished a foundation bottle, know that I've found the holy grail and you can take that to the bank! Otherwise, the experiments continue :D.

on 12/1/2016 2:09:00 AM

I Absolutely LOVE this foundation and how it looks on my skin.. After 10 pumps of it. I bought this foundation 3 weeks ago and Its already more than half way done, and I don't even wear it everyday. I wear it probably twice a week. It's really unfortunate since I seriously am in love with the finish, feel, staying power and transfer proof factors of it. I will still repurchase but I'll have to save it strictly for special occasions. You need ALOT of this stuff to cover your entire face.

on 11/30/2016 4:18:00 PM

I wanted to like this because it has such good reviews.
I bought the shade 2.4 which was a good shade for medium with neutrual undertones. However I felt it was a bit too pink and flat on my skin so I actually got the shade 3.1 thinking that would be better, but no it was the finish of the foundation.

Despite the claims that this is hydrating, I don't agree. It made my skin feel rough and dry, I asked my friend to feel my skin and even she agreed.

It's texture is very thin and it's feel like you should be able to layer it and build up the coverage. But no matter how much I tried to build it up I got the same coverage. It emphasised pores on my face and didn't really even out my skin tone.

It does have a natural finish. So I think that's why people like it, but if you have textured skin then this would really enhance it.

Pros.
* does feel lightweight
* natrual non cakey finish

Cons
* emphasises any pores or dry areas
* doesn't build up coverage
* hard to blend out very glue like formula
* not hydrating

This did not work for me, I really didn't like it which was a shame and I really wanted too.

Tried mixing with other foundations/oil to help it blend out better, but still found that it made my skin look and feel dry.