Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.
Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.Smashbox, Too Faced, Benefit and Laura GellarStudio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

Not my favorite bottle because I feel like it wastes a lot of product BUT it's amazing!! I used to use Clinique stay matte foundation but it just wasn't cutting it anymore. I switched to this after reading all the reviews and it was the best decision I've made! My skin tends to break out with all kinds of foundations, but this applies perfectly and covers everything without getting cakes. Since I got this before I starting getting darker, I mix NXY tinted moisturizer with this and it's BEAUTIFUL. I get a lovely glow and it stays on for a really long time. So worth it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is definitely a good color match. The name is totally misleading because it's not "hydrating," a dewy finish, or even satin. In fact it's a lightweight matte. I didn't like how chalky & patchy my nose looked after just an hour & my face felt dry. The rest of my face looked a bit cakey, especially towards the end of the day. I was expecting a much different outcome, so I'm very disappointed. I like the packaging (especially the pump) & size of the bottle though.

on 5/14/2017 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! For me, it actually does last at least the 15 hours it claims to.

A word to the wise though, this is one you need to test the colors in person! Nordstrom currently has them discounted for online orders, and I thought I was going to be at least "close" to what I needed.

Wrong, so very very wrong!

I'd read reviews stating these run dark and warm, but, I underestimated exactly how warm, (and dark for that matter, but not so much of an issue).

My habit for foundation buying is to get two shades, right from the get go. One that matches my actual face (which is paler than my chest) and a darker one to use in varying amounts as either a bronzer in the "3" shape around my face, to mix with the lighter shade for all over, when its summertime, and so forth.

It took me THREE tries to get two shades that would work! And, honestly, if you're cool toned and very fair, I don't know if there will be a shade for you.

Nordstrom has a color chart showing it worn on actual model faces, with the notation of color and its undertone with each picture. That helps, but not enough.

I am medium fair. And have a pretty much neutral complexion. I started out with two "neutral" shades, and wanted to love them, but they were so dark and peachy! (the first ones I bought online - why oh why can't I learn!)

Then I went to the mall, and anyone who lives near the Washington DC area will understand why it had been a major goal to avoid doing this, the traffic is just so horrific. Always. But, to the mall I went. And a Smashbox artist helped me pick out two different shades. I wasn't really loving them, (she was putting all the tester samples on her arm instead of on me . The colors were closer to being what I needed as far as matching depth of color, but, they really didn't seem any less warm, well, maybe they were more yellow and less peach?? But, I was pressed for time, and went with what she picked.

Oh my, not good. I had no option to wear it as minimal makeup. If I had ANY on, I had to cover my neck completely, and even my ears!

Back I went, and was lucky to be left to try the testers on my own without much assistance. I finally opted for 2.15 for the lighter "match my real face" shade. It says it is a cool beige with neutral undertones. It is soooo not "cool" it still has a yellow cast, but it is "almost" neutral. For the darker shade, I went back with what I'd originally chosen online 4.05. This is very dark (I'm caucasian) and I could never hope my body would tan enough to wear this without mixing some of the lighter into it, but, it was the lightest darker shades that was not extremely warm.

I got home, and mixed the two together to get what I needed for my bronzing shade, and I'm fine with doing this, I usually do anyway, but, in this case there was NO option to pick a darker "tanned me" shade with the right tone which I could use straight from the bottle. It does not exist. I have some little squeeze bottles I use for travel, and I put what I mixed into one, because I did not want to have to mix every time I put on makeup.

All of the hassle was totally worth it, because it truly is a lovely foundation! It lasts, doesn't collect in pores or wrinkles, doesn't go patchy, doesn't transfer, doesn't oxidize.

So many medium/full coverage foundations that are supposedly long wearing, and good for mature, dry skin have been major disappointments for me. This one I can see myself being loyal to.

The Smashbox artist urged me to use their primer with it (which I personally dislike) samples come with the foundation in the box, and I did try once, and did not feel the need to use it. The primer made for a more sheer application, and might possibly make my skin look more "airbrushed" to a degree, but, I prefer it just worn over my regular sunscreen (the foundation does not have any spf listed)
I wear Shiseido Senka Aging Care UV Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++ . It is wonderful! and under 7 US $ on Amazon. It makes a great primer/base for any foundation I've tried it with.

on 5/13/2017 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wasn't overly impressed with this foundation, it goes on light and smooth at first , but tends to dry fast and I don't like the tacky feel on my skin, like it doesn't sit well on the skin..seems patchy too...it doesn't give the smooth creamy coverage I like, my skin being mature and normal to dry...it doesn't cover imperfections well...it feel it on my skin too,like a tight feeling, I don't know, why they call it hydrating because it doesn't feel hydrating to me..I feel normal to combination skin might like that better ...it has a tacky feel, and doesn't make my face look great...not for me..

After using many drugstore foundations for years, I've decided that i wanna try out a higher priced one, since I'm using a foundation almost every day and i figured it'd make sense investing in a good one.

Here's my review: (skip to the end if you only wanna see my overall impression)

-first, this foundation claims to be "sweat-proof, transfer-proof & exercise-resistant", which I can confirm. This is such a long lasting foundation, even after wearing it for more than 12 hours, it still looks almost flawless.It doesn't transfer whatsoever, for example when I rest my head on the palm of my hand, there's no foundation transfered. "Exercise-resistant", well I've not tried working out with it, but I'm sure it'll do fine.

-then, it says that it's "oil-free". I have combination skin, so normally it does get a little bit oily around my nose and forehead after a few hours, but this one doesn't allow that to happen. (I always set the foundation with a transluscent setting powder though)

-then it claims to be "color true and color consistent". I think smashbox offers a great variety with the color selection, I'm sure everyone can finde a shade that matches them. The color of the foundation in the bottle pretty much looks like the color of the foundation when you apply it, though I would definitely recommend to try it out on your face before you buy it. It doesn't oxidize at all.

- The coverage claims to be "medium-to-full, buildable". Since I have ance-prone skin, it was very important to me to find a foundation, that has an at least medium coverage. I would say, if you apply 1 layer, the coverage really is medium. Though, here's one thing that I don't like about the foundation. In my opinion, it is pretty "heavy" and even though I prime my face of course and I've tried many different ways to prime it, used different products and tools, it always looks a bit cakey, especially on the side of my nose and in between my eyebrows. It is definitely not a lightweight foundation. So if you have clear skin, I would not recommend it, since in my opinion this is only a foundation if you need to cover up quite a bit. Since it already looks a little bit cakey on the first layer, I do not wanna image how cakey it would get after a second layer.

-last but no least I wanna talk about their so called "hydrating formula". Well, I can not really approve of that. It definitely does not feel hydrating on my skin whatsoever, it even feels dry to be honest, even though I used moisturizer underneath. I guess that's what you have to pay for if you don't want a shiny foundation.

-Oh and the prize. You can get this for example at Ulta for $42, which definitely makes this a high end foundation. I think it's quite pricy, though I have to mention that you only have to use a very little amount and I've used it for almost every day for 2 weeks now and the bottle looks brand new, as if I've never used it before, the foundation is still filled up to the very top of the bottle, therefore I assume that it does last you a long time, so I think the price is ok.

Overall:
Pros:
-very long lasting
-medium coverage
-doesn't transfer
-doesn't have a smell to it
-doesn't get shiny

Cons:
-pricy
-quite cakey
-enhances pores

So if you choose to purchase this foundation or not, it's your decision. I think I would re-purchase it, even though it's not perfect. Once my skin becomes a little clearer someday, I might switch to a more lightweight one, for a more natural look. Hope this very detailed review was helpful! Thanks for reading. Have a nice day. Stay beautiful, with and without makeup... :)

on 4/14/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

After a NARS All Day Luminous nightmare, I decided to give this a try based on reviews and videos. I also researched to learn that this is comparable to MAC Pro Longwear, which is what I usually use because of its ability to hold up through the day in various temperatures. I left Sephora wearing this last night after exchanging the NARS nightmare for this and kept in on until I was ready to shower about 5 hours later and it still look flawless. I did my usual make-up routine this morning and 6 hours into the day, no melting, no caking, no settling into lines or scars...it still looks like it did when I applied it this morning! This foundation has a nice creamy texture and a little bit goes a long way. It is easily build-able (I played around with it this morning), although a single layer gives great coverage. The best thing is that it sets quickly! If you're a person who has limited time to spend on make-up, this foundation is already set by time you apply it to your entire face. The pigmentation is amazing which is why it yields such great coverage with just a little bit of product. The finish is semi-matte, but does make you appear as flat as a typically matte finish would. I like just a tad of a sun-kissed appearance in warmer weather, so I used a small amount of bronzer to add some dimension to my face this morning and it looks very natural. I will add that I have an old hairline scar that runs diagonally from my upper lip to my cheek and my old trusty MAC even settled into this scar a bit...this foundation does not, so I am extremely pleased with it overall!

on 4/11/2017 11:25:00 AM

This gives my older combo skin great coverage. In the winter I like the hydrating properties and it's less matte than Estee Lauder's Doublewear. It does not settle in fine lines. Sometimes it gives me polka dot pores on my nose, but I can eliminate those with the Milk Blur Stick used only on my nose. This gives me a lit from within quality when used with the Cover FX Illuminating Primer. One of the best I've tried for older skin. I use the lightest shade (.5) and I'm about a Nc15 in MAC and 1C1 Cool Bone in Doublewear.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great foundation for pictures and events. It's medium coverage. It can be layered easily and looks like skin even up close. Looks great in pictures and in all different types of lighting. The color range is pretty good as well. I use a buffing brush and use quick short strokes to buff this in. The only issue I have with it is that it dries very quickly so you have to work fast. You can't just spread this all over your face then blend. You must blend in sections and let dry. Then apply another layer if you need more coverage. Shake the bottle before using !

on 3/7/2017 7:29:00 PM

I can't tell you how disappointed I am with this product! After reading and watching countless YouTube reviews, I thought it would be great for my combination skin and keeping my t-zone shine under control. I swatched my neck in store and picked 0.5 as a reasonable match. It felt a little thicker than my usual foundations (e.g. Ultra HD, NAKED, luminous silk) but nothing crazy, and neither my neck or the back of my hand showed up anything weird. I purchased a full bottle along with the pore minimising primer (which I love btw). I can't quite explain how this foundation sits on my skin. My skin is normal/combination and I exfoliate everyday, so my skin is generally pretty damn flawless in texture. Somehow, this 'hydrating' foundation made my skin look like the Sahara desert. It's almost as if it was dehydrating and flaking my skin right before my eyes! It was patchy and would not blend. I even bought a new foundation brush to try it with as this seemed to be the preferred application method amongst reviewers. I tried everything! With and without primer, and with and without moisturiser even to see if it was reacting with my skin care products. I tried applying it with fingers, brush and sponge, to no avail. I even tried mixing it with a little oil to add some hydration. Nothing worked! The best way I can describe the finished look is as if my skin was crumbling off my face. It looks like when I had Fraxel laser on my face. The days following the treatment the skin is dry and starts crumbling off. It's very hard to apply makeup because the skin is so dry and textured. That is the look this foundation achieves on me. Dry, crumbling skin! I wore my make up forever HD ultra today, and although it's not a perfect colour match for me, it is literally a dream compared to this product. My skin looked flawless. I'd happily put up with a bit of shine in the t-zone, rather than looking 10 years older with this horrible product!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a light to medium range and the color of 2.1 (light beige) is really great for me. It is darker on the fair spectrum and lighter on the medium spectrum. I have a yellow undertone. Price is average...about $42. I use this foundation as my year-round, full coverage. Packing is basic, simple and is heavy in weight. Overall, you get what you pay for :)