Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating FoundationSmashbox, Too Faced, Benefit and Laura GellarStudio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 5/29/2018 9:13:00 AM

I had such high hopes for this foundation due to the many positive reviews. I am a long time Smashbox fan (their CC cream is still my holy grail) so I had high expectations. I applied the product with my fingers, tried using a beauty blender (dry and damp), tried a brush, tried with with and without Shmashbox's very own primer - unfortunately in all cases I ended up with patchy coverage that accentuated my pores and dry skin. It just looked tragic.

on 5/19/2018 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

For years and years I have been searching for the perfect foundation and finally this came along! Blends beautifully into my skin, long wear time, color stays true, doesn't dry out my already dry skin, natural looking. I love this foundation!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

After finally confessing to myself that BB creams were just a greasy mess on my skin, finally purchased this foundation. Was looking for a medium to full coverage, excellent staying power and good range of shades. This is spot on and I'm on my second bottle.
Using it in 2.2, beautiful yellow based shade, I'm lighter and more neutral, but really prefer this shade to my own skin tone since I use self tanners and also simply prefer looking towards more yellow. There was a talk here about it not covering anything, but with 2,5-3 pumps (they are not very big with this kind of pump) I can cover my whole face without anyone being able to notice a slight mismatch.
I set this with NYX setting powder (another good one) and it lasts all day, not breaking apart and not transferring (to a certain point of course), ahem, Milani Conceal and Perfect. It doesn't sit on top of the skin too, which is really important for me as most foundations tend to do this on my face.

Packaging is nice and sleek, good reliable and controllable pump that gets every singly ounce of product out, the bottle is transparent so you can see the amount of foundation you've got left.

For now I'm sold and will repurchase again.

on 4/16/2018 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of the better foundations on the market. I wear this in 4.0 (MAC NC45 for Ref). The shade is spot on. The consistency is not watery but not thick or gel/mouse like. The coverage is light and buildable. It covers minor imperfections without the visibility of the foundation. It really blends into the skin in an undetectable way. It never oxidized on my skin.

I could see persons with oily skin having a staying issue as it is hydrating. For me, this is an easy everyday foundation. It wears on average 8-9 hours on me.If you want the flawless, camera ready look this isn't the foundation. Overall, this foundation gets a double thumbs up for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i wrote another review,which was when i tried the product alone.I bought smashbox light primer which is amazing.With this primer,the studio skin stays 4-5 hours(not more), but alone only 3.So i recommend it if you have the money to buy the primer.Alone it doesn't worth it.I have to admit though that is good for my pores,while L'oreal infallible is awful in that matter

on 3/18/2018 4:08:00 PM

I absolutely love this foundation!!!! I stumbled on it by accident a little over a week ago and I can honestly say that I think I have found my holy grail. I have oily skin with random dry flakiness that appears on the tip of my nose and around my mouth. Usually, really matte foundations look good at first but end up separating or drying me out by the end of the day and then dewy foundations slip off my face because of oil! I am very acne prone and only use cruelty free makeup so all of this limits my foundation choices. I went in looking for the new cover fix foundation at Sephora but they didn’t have it, then went to ulta for the Laura mercier foundation but forgot they don’t carry the brand.. I was in a rush because I needed a new foundation for a party and so I quickly picked this up, even though I was nervous that it says HYDRATING. It lasted on me all night (7 hours) and it kept me matte but not dry! Since then I have been using it every single day through 9 hour work shifts and classes at night. I use the light photo finish primer under it and set it with the too faced peach powder and I’m telling you it’s magical... doesn’t seperate, crease, it controls my oils the best out of any foundation I’ve ever tried (except the LM foundation that’s pretty good too but very drying for me in the colder months). It is high medium coverage I would say since I have acne scarring but I just use my shape tape to conceal them and it’s fine. The foundation is sort of sticky when you apply it (I use a beauty blender) and I think this is what helps it stay in place all day. It also keeps my bronzer and everything in perfect place and nothing fades AND IT DOESNT TRANSFER! It’s incredible. If you’re looking for something that will control oil but not dry you out, doesn’t crease or oxidize, doesn’t transfer and stays put ALL day, and has medium to buildable full coverage this is for you.

on 3/11/2018 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don’t hate this foundation. I has a nice medium coverage, it matches & evens out my skin & you don’t need a lot. BUT I have very dry skin & it’s not moisturizing at all. I will use it bc it was expensive but I have to mix it with argan oil so that it doesn’t completely dry out my skin. The foundation doesn’t last as long mixed with the oil.

on 3/7/2018 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So my favorite foundation is the old formula Estée Lauder double wear. I was frustrated with the change in formula and started my search again for a new foundation. This is my latest one and I’ve only used it for 2 days but I am very happy with it. I was hoping it would be a bit more dewy but no big deal. I just used a setting spray that offered that. It helped a lot. It stays put and does not seem to transfer which is a big deal for me. It also looks very natural on. I chose 2.1 for the color. I had to work with what was in stock at Ulta but was happy with the color. I must have tried 30 new foundations in the past 3 months and this one is in my top 3. I’ll need to use it longer to see if it becomes HG. It does have an outstanding formula.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've been battling with my skin for about 10 years. I have bad allergies, super sensitive, and for whatever reason I struggle to find a good match. Until I found this foundation. It matches my skin perfectly. And it's medium coverage, that is totally build-able, works great. When I need a bit extra, it goes on without caking up.

on 3/2/2018 3:24:00 AM

I really like this foundation. It is expensive, yes, but it only takes a tiny amount to cover a whole face. It is very thick and lasts a long time. It doesn't make my skin look dry, and I wear shade 0.5 which is good if you are extremely pale (a lot of foundations do not make light enough shades). It is full coverage, so it covers whatever horror lie on your face that embarrass you. I do wear a bb cream underneath, then use this for more damaged parts of my face. I like the way it combines together to give me a look.