Essie Beach Bum Blu

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Essie Beach Bum Blu

4.2

on 1/2/2014 6:08:00 PM

Essie's Beach Bum Blu is a stunning metallic aquamarine, another one of those gorgeous mermaid-y colors (which I love!) This polish always caught my eye whenever I saw it on store shelves, it really does stand out.

This is a cute, fun shade and it's so vibrant. Not what I would call sophisticated, but it's not tacky or juvenile either. More like what I would wear in the summertime or for a pedi.

Excellent formula, opaque in two coats. No problems with application or wear. Four lippies instead of five because it stained my nails a bit.

Still love it and would buy it again.

on 11/2/2013 8:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I actually didn't buy this, my mom did.... she decided she hated it so she gave it to me. Later, when I was reading makeupandbeautyblog.com, I realized it looked EXACTLY LIKE CHANEL AZURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I! I really wanted that polish so I pretty much freaked. I love the finish and consistency. DUPE ALERT!!!

on 8/1/2013 4:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

A beautiful vibrant blue polish that's my first Essie purchase. The first coat was patchy but the second was excellent, smooth and opaque in coverage. A perfect summer look

on 5/28/2012 10:37:00 AM

I highly recommend this color as well.Beautiful color!I have it on my toes and my finger nails and today is my 7th day wearing this stuff on my nails.It does take a couple of coats but then again,the rest of my other polish's do to.I love Essie nail polish and what you see in the bottle,is what you get on your nails.I think it all depends on the application,base coat,top coat etc.Its soooo pretty for the spring:)I will repurchase this color.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Such a terribly runny formula. Even when wiping off the excess polish, it manages to run down the brush and drip all over. Be careful with this one. The colour is a lovely, bright, metallic, joyful shade of blue. I prefer it on my toes than on my hands, especially in the summer. Two coats is good, but I honestly do dread having to apply this polish because it's one of the more difficult ones. Luckily I scored it at 50% off, so I paid about $5 (CAD) for it. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this one, based on how runny and streaky the formula is.

on 11/29/2011 10:18:00 AM

This color is so much fun for my DD who's a competitive swimmer. All the girls wear different shades of blue & it's real funny to see them. This shade is beautiful & has a nice shine. True it was a bit hard to apply due to the fact that it is runny, but the results where great! Seven days later, the finish was still shiny. That kind of took me by surprise. Unfortunately with essie, seems it depends on the color for staying power. This particular color we will not repurshase since my DD will likely want a different color next time.

Popular Polishes