Essie Beach Bum Blu

Essie Beach Bum Blu

3.7

on 1/20/2014 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely loved this color i'm usually a neutral color kind of girl but i got this color as a birthday present and may i say it changed my mind. It is such a nice consistency non messy and very nice color. It makes me feel like a mermaid every time i wear it now. I get compliments about it all the time. I am going to buy this again when i run out

on 11/2/2013 8:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I actually didn't buy this, my mom did.... she decided she hated it so she gave it to me. Later, when I was reading makeupandbeautyblog.com, I realized it looked EXACTLY LIKE CHANEL AZURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I! I really wanted that polish so I pretty much freaked. I love the finish and consistency. DUPE ALERT!!!

on 5/28/2012 10:37:00 AM

I highly recommend this color as well.Beautiful color!I have it on my toes and my finger nails and today is my 7th day wearing this stuff on my nails.It does take a couple of coats but then again,the rest of my other polish's do to.I love Essie nail polish and what you see in the bottle,is what you get on your nails.I think it all depends on the application,base coat,top coat etc.Its soooo pretty for the spring:)I will repurchase this color.

This is a great shade of blue. Works well for summer. My hands looked great the beach in the water and out. Will definitely be wearing this again, next time on toes too!

on 1/21/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful mermaid blue, has a certain shimmer to it that is nearly foil like. Perfect for summer. Formula is really nice and opacity is great!

on 1/2/2014 6:08:00 PM

Essie's Beach Bum Blu is a stunning metallic aquamarine, another one of those gorgeous mermaid-y colors (which I love!) This polish always caught my eye whenever I saw it on store shelves, it really does stand out.

This is a cute, fun shade and it's so vibrant. Not what I would call sophisticated, but it's not tacky or juvenile either. More like what I would wear in the summertime or for a pedi.

Excellent formula, opaque in two coats. No problems with application or wear. Four lippies instead of five because it stained my nails a bit.

Still love it and would buy it again.

on 11/6/2013 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was given this color as a gift but I don't think I would have bought this color if I had a choice. Granted the color is nice but I don't do frosts! No matter how carefully you try the polish still comes out brush-strokey! Which is an absoulute pet peeve of mine! However, the polish was smooth & runny (In a good way) dries fast but you have to be careful because you can get bubbles, but nothing a coat of Essie Good To Go can't fix. I can't say anything about the staying power or how many days you can go before you get chips or tip wear because no polish or color ever lasts on my nails for more then 2 days.

on 8/1/2013 4:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

A beautiful vibrant blue polish that's my first Essie purchase. The first coat was patchy but the second was excellent, smooth and opaque in coverage. A perfect summer look

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a GREAT electric metallic sky blue! It takes a coat or two to get it fully opaque but that's fine by me!

It dries relatively quickly if you work in thinner layers.

I love this color for spring and summer, so yes I highly recommend!

on 11/29/2011 10:18:00 AM

This color is so much fun for my DD who's a competitive swimmer. All the girls wear different shades of blue & it's real funny to see them. This shade is beautiful & has a nice shine. True it was a bit hard to apply due to the fact that it is runny, but the results where great! Seven days later, the finish was still shiny. That kind of took me by surprise. Unfortunately with essie, seems it depends on the color for staying power. This particular color we will not repurshase since my DD will likely want a different color next time.

Popular Polishes